Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,123 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

I Want To Be A Part Of The It Industry - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Be A Part Of The It Industry (918 Views)

Career Inquiry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Be A Part Of The It Industry by byxajuzie: 6:27pm On Sep 11, 2009
i av a masters in mechanical eng, i work in an engineering firm, and wud love to acquire more skills (in the computer world).

pls can an experienced person tell me which course and training that wud be best for me?

one dat will take me to the next level,

regards,
Re: I Want To Be A Part Of The It Industry by femu(m): 11:05pm On Sep 11, 2009
If you like Programming this post might make a lot of sense https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-318551.0.html
Re: I Want To Be A Part Of The It Industry by byxajuzie: 11:22am On Sep 12, 2009
Femi thanks 4 d info, i really dont like programming, sounds boring, lol, any other clues? wud love sumthing dat connects engineering,
Re: I Want To Be A Part Of The It Industry by aphoe(m): 5:24pm On Sep 12, 2009
if you find programming boring, then its not going to be really interesting.

programming involves some mathematics - they are actually related - so i wonder why a mech engr finds it boring
Re: I Want To Be A Part Of The It Industry by femu(m): 10:29pm On Sep 14, 2009
3D Design might stimulate your engineering flair.You get to work on models, simulations e.t.c
Re: I Want To Be A Part Of The It Industry by veetubes: 2:22pm On Sep 15, 2009
i think you should go and learn 3d design with maya or 3dmax
Re: I Want To Be A Part Of The It Industry by byxajuzie: 8:51am On Sep 16, 2009
Ok, 3D Design sounds interesting,

femu, wud u be so kind to educate me more on what 3d design entails?, like you did for programming, wud appreciate

veetubes, thanx, any info?

aphoe, pls wonder, grin
Re: I Want To Be A Part Of The It Industry by cystein(m): 7:18pm On Sep 16, 2009
Hi,

Its nice to note you picked interest. I advise that first buy a PC then learn to play with it until you master it fully as school wont just teach you some things.
Re: I Want To Be A Part Of The It Industry by byxajuzie: 7:01am On Sep 20, 2009
yea, i already av a lappy and av mastered it wella, just waiting 4 ma next move,
Re: I Want To Be A Part Of The It Industry by femu(m): 11:06pm On Sep 20, 2009
3D software are used for different purposes such as animations, movie effects, object modeling and simulation. The aspect of 3D that i think might be related to ur field should be modeling and simulation.
Some of the equations you're used to as an engineer are used in simulation.
U can simulate different environments i.e. stress test a bridge or the impact of an object on another or explosions.This is just over simplifying the power of 3D tools they can be used for all sought of things.
U will have to contact me for a walkthrough
Re: I Want To Be A Part Of The It Industry by McGURU: 1:13am On Sep 21, 2009
Too bad you hate programing, i woulda said why not try robotics, a fusion of engr + comp sci. You could do automated slide door, auto water pumps etc
Re: I Want To Be A Part Of The It Industry by solomonope(m): 5:32pm On Sep 24, 2009
@poster ,hw can u have a first degree in engineering and can't program?
Re: I Want To Be A Part Of The It Industry by byxajuzie: 8:35am On Sep 28, 2009
@ mcguru, thanks , that sounds pretty cool, more info please,

@ femu, will contact u, thanks

@ solomonope, ur mouth too wide, go 2 a tailor to get it stitched, u dont know wat i read in my 1st degree,

(1) (Reply)

Sql Server Detach & Attach / Help With Java Applet / Please Programmers I Need A Run Down On How To Use PHP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.