Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Help To Get A Fiancee Visa While In Nigeria With My Wife To Be..... - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help To Get A Fiancee Visa While In Nigeria With My Wife To Be..... (712 Views)

Policeman Renders Help To Stranded Travelers On Their Way To Abuja (photos) / Getting Visa While In Saudi Arabia / My Bitter Experience Travelling To Nigeria With My White Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help To Get A Fiancee Visa While In Nigeria With My Wife To Be..... by Bobels01: 5:03pm On Jul 13, 2016
Dear Sir,

I have dual citizenship of Nigeria and USA. I left USA four years ago back to Nigeria to rebuild my business that I left some years back. During my stay, I met my fiance spent a year together, then engaged her, we now have 2 children together within 4years and I have met with her family, collected list, pay her dowry but have not done her traditional marriage, court and white yet because my mother, sibling and most of my aunt and cousins that would have been part of any ceremony are in America and are citizens. I have just filled for my children that were born in Nigeria and have collected their American passport. I filed for my wife to be to get a visiting Visa for us to take the kids overseas, she was turned down without much question.

However, I want to start the fiance visa process this week and want to know the possible challenge I may have if i have not done traditional marriage, court and white wedding because I want that to be done in USA. My questions is as follows? :-

1. Do i have to appear during the interview with her, and kids as well to convince them we are family already?

2. What will they need from me if I appear, if she goes alone what should carry with her to show them as prove?

Help a brother out.

Thanks.
Re: Help To Get A Fiancee Visa While In Nigeria With My Wife To Be..... by Lexusgs430: 2:34am On Jul 14, 2016
Bobels01:
Dear Sir,

I have dual citizenship of Nigeria and USA. I left USA four years ago back to Nigeria to rebuild my business that I left some years back. During my stay, I met my fiance spent a year together, then engaged her, we now have 2 children together within 4years and I have met with her family, collected list, pay her dowry but have not done her traditional marriage, court and white yet because my mother, sibling and most of my aunt and cousins that would have been part of any ceremony are in America and are citizens. I have just filled for my children that were born in Nigeria and have collected their American passport. I filed for my wife to be to get a visiting Visa for us to take the kids overseas, she was turned down without much question.

However, I want to start the fiance visa process this week and want to know the possible challenge I may have if i have not done traditional marriage, court and white wedding because I want that to be done in USA. My questions is as follows? :-

1. Do i have to appear during the interview with her, and kids as well to convince them we are family already?

2. What will they need from me if I appear, if she goes alone what should carry with her to show them as prove?

Help a brother out.

Thanks.

You did yourself partial misjustice. What documents did you present during the interview process, to ascertain the state of your marriage to your babies mother? Until you perform a court/registry marriage, she is not yet your wife, in the eyes and ears of the law.
I would advice a court/registry marriage, before you proceed with any appeal or reapplication.
Re: Help To Get A Fiancee Visa While In Nigeria With My Wife To Be..... by CruellaDeville: 11:39am On Jul 22, 2016
You and your kids are citizens so applying for a visiting visa for her was your mistake because your family's status shows your fiancee might have immigration intent.
However filing a fiancee visa will not be a problem as long as she can prove she is who you claim her to be to you beyond reasonable doubt.
You will not be appearing with her so make sure she gets all her facts right. She has to know almost everything about you and your status e.g dual citizenship etc

(1) (Reply)

A Naïve African’s Guidance To Studying Abroad Part 1 / Is Kenya Safe To Visit Now? / 7 Reasons Why You Should Book A Flight With Travelden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.