Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,459 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Counter Thread: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Christ Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Counter Thread: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Christ Jesus (908 Views)

10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact / Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday? / The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Counter Thread: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Christ Jesus by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 13, 2016
I may be small but God has made me wise...I may not know the bible well but i will try and i pray God gives me grace.

Why do i want to counter that thread? Simple, THE RESURRECTION IS WHERE OUR HOPE RESTS. Without it, we are of all men the most miserable. The resurrection is the LIFE of Christianity. If Christ did not rise from the dead, then all our preaching, ministering, believing are all in vain.

You must remember that the enemy would attack not your weakest line but your strongest.

Its true, that the evidence of the resurrection of Christ is weak to us. Yes, deny it all we want, but let me tell you, it is weak to you and i because we are a fallen people. We are carnal men with limited judgememt prowess. Moreso God, which is the utmost reason we cant go beyond, has made the evidence of Christ's resurrection and in short, the gospel look weak, foolish and poor to us

You wonder why God didnt make it strong and appealing and rich to us?

First, remember who wrote the bible? God did through men.

Remember who God is? the determiner of everything.

Remember God has a right to choose who he gives wisdom to and who he rebukes? Yep

Remember God has said the end from the beginning

Remember that God is no respecter of anyone

Remember that he is longsuffering towards the unrepentant

Remember who blinds men from seeing the gospel? He causes them to doubt and makes them wiser in their own eyes.

Remember God has made the world very large and our brains complicated and big enough to accommodate doubts and falsehood.

Remember who made himself look stupid and his words foolish before men? God did.

Remember who said the rich, wise and good people of this world have no place in his kingdom? God.

Before i say why God had made the evidence of Christ resurrection weak, i am going to be honest with you. God does not say something without making it happen.

It must come to pass, that some people should doubt God. But God can never be amazed at anything because he God has caused all things to happen. And nothing would happen differently.

Now here is the reason, the resurrection must by all means look weak, foolish and poor before men. It is simply because God had by his almighty power and grace chosen the foolish, stupid, unwise and most despised things of the world to change people's mind about him.

You may say, its that all but no. God has put a mighty power in this foolish thing that is despised, to save sinners. He God has despised the wisdom of this world. The wisdom of this world gives man some sense of power and self worship against God.

It makes men brag and beat their chest, but do they know who had made all things!!!
He laughs at our foolishness!

To you.Christian, read this and keep your peace.

1 Like

Re: Counter Thread: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Christ Jesus by 4nobody4every1: 8:44pm On Jul 13, 2016
Well said, preach on sister, the preaching of the cross is foolishness to them that perish but unto us it is the power of God unto salvation cool

1 Like

Re: Counter Thread: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Christ Jesus by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 13, 2016
4nobody4every1:
Well said, preach on sister, the preaching of the cross is foolishness to them that perish but unto us it is the power of God unto salvation cool
Thank you very much. I am very weak and silly and i dont think i deserve to preach to anyone about Christ. However, I am very grateful to God, for he has made me wise.

1 Like

Re: Counter Thread: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Christ Jesus by theoneJabulani(m): 10:31pm On Jul 13, 2016
Believe what you want
Re: Counter Thread: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Christ Jesus by c3503521: 10:59pm On Jul 13, 2016
theoneJabulani:
Believe what you want

Believe what you want , but don't go shooting gay people because it is against your beliefs.

Believe what you want, but don't fĂșcking hurt other people in any way just because it's against what you believe.

Better still, believe nothing at all.

You don't see atheists killing anyone, now do ya?
Re: Counter Thread: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Christ Jesus by theoneJabulani(m): 11:05pm On Jul 13, 2016
c3503521:

Believe what you want , but don't go shooting gay people because it is against your beliefs.

Believe what you want, but don't fĂșcking hurt other people in any way just because it's against what you believe.

Excuse me?
Re: Counter Thread: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Christ Jesus by c3503521: 11:31pm On Jul 13, 2016
theoneJabulani:
Excuse me?

Just saying, bro.
Your post was incomplete.

1 Like

Re: Counter Thread: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Christ Jesus by taurus25(m): 12:38am On Jul 14, 2016
future generation still searching for the evidence

Re: Counter Thread: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Christ Jesus by Edenoscar(m): 3:13am On Jul 14, 2016
Just to summarise.
The evidence for the ressurection of Jesus is God works in mysterious ways.. Not good enough
Re: Counter Thread: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Christ Jesus by theoneJabulani(m): 7:28am On Jul 14, 2016
c3503521:

Just saying, bro. Your post was incomplete.
OK.
Re: Counter Thread: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Christ Jesus by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 14, 2016
In other words, you don't know but you believe by faith. Just say so.
Re: Counter Thread: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Christ Jesus by johnydon22(m): 9:28am On Jul 14, 2016
c3503521:

Being an atheist doesn't make you any more morally superior than every other person in the planet.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Counter Thread: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Christ Jesus by deluxez12(m): 9:11am On Jul 15, 2016
Stupedinluv:
I may be small but God has made me wise...I may not know the bible well but i will try and i pray God gives me grace.

Why do i want to counter that thread? Simple, THE RESURRECTION IS WHERE OUR HOPE RESTS. Without it, we are of all men the most miserable. The resurrection is the LIFE of Christianity. If Christ did not rise from the dead, then all our preaching, ministering, believing are all in vain.

You must remember that the enemy would attack not your weakest line but your strongest.

Its true, that the evidence of the resurrection of Christ is weak to us. Yes, deny it all we want, but let me tell you, it is weak to you and i because we are a fallen people. We are carnal men with limited judgememt prowess. Moreso God, which is the utmost reason we cant go beyond, has made the evidence of Christ's resurrection and in short, the gospel look weak, foolish and poor to us

You wonder why God didnt make it strong and appealing and rich to us?

First, remember who wrote the bible? God did through men.

Remember who God is? the determiner of everything.

Remember God has a right to choose who he gives wisdom to and who he rebukes? Yep

Remember God has said the end from the beginning

Remember that God is no respecter of anyone

Remember that he is longsuffering towards the unrepentant

Remember who blinds men from seeing the gospel? He causes them to doubt and makes them wiser in their own eyes.

Remember God has made the world very large and our brains complicated and big enough to accommodate doubts and falsehood.

Remember who made himself look stupid and his words foolish before men? God did.

Remember who said the rich, wise and good people of this world have no place in his kingdom? God.

Before i say why God had made the evidence of Christ resurrection weak, i am going to be honest with you. God does not say something without making it happen.

It must come to pass, that some people should doubt God. But God can never be amazed at anything because he God has caused all things to happen. And nothing would happen differently.

Now here is the reason, the resurrection must by all means look weak, foolish and poor before men. It is simply because God had by his almighty power and grace chosen the foolish, stupid, unwise and most despised things of the world to change people's mind about him.

You may say, its that all but no. God has put a mighty power in this foolish thing that is despised, to save sinners. He God has despised the wisdom of this world. The wisdom of this world gives man some sense of power and self worship against God.

It makes men brag and beat their chest, but do they know who had made all things!!!
He laughs at our foolishness!

To you.Christian, read this and keep your peace.

Belive what you want
Re: Counter Thread: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Christ Jesus by Uyi168: 12:13pm On Jul 15, 2016
OP...and your point is??

(1) (Reply)

Wicked Redeemed Church Ignores Man In Distress / Baba Peculiar Releases Video Denying TB Joshua Death Prophecy / 10 Weird Things That Happen To You When You Read The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.