Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

HELP!!! My SD Card Is Giving Me Issues - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / HELP!!! My SD Card Is Giving Me Issues (1494 Views)

Help! My Phone Is Giving Me Issues / How Do I Set My Sd Card As Default Storage In My Samsung Galaxy On5 / How To Check If Your National Identity Card Is Ready (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP!!! My SD Card Is Giving Me Issues by barackodam: 7:59pm On Jul 13, 2016
Sorry for my topic, I don't know how better to describe it.

Lemme go straight to the point.

I bought a 32gb sd card, new one, I asked for San Disk, he said he doesn't have and gave me what he said is better than San Disk. The name is active us. Here's the problem, my Gionee m3mini doesn't usually need reboot before detecting new card. But I had to. That was my first fright. After rebooting, it displayed the card, I opened shareit, an app meant to transfer from system to phone, just like xender and flash share. When I went to storage location, I saw under the sd card, that the card doesn't have write permissions. I was shocked and proceeded to creating a new folder, and unfortunately, I couldn't create the folder. It said no permission to write.

I inserted the card in my x510, it was working perfectly, at least, that's what I thought till I wanted to restore my backup. I just changed the rom. Then the app couldn't detect the card sef. I don't know how to explain this part, but below is an attached picture that shows how it's meant to look while the second is how it looks.

I returned the card and collected another, this time, I tried creating a new folder right away and it created. Long story short, it still has the same problem when I open shareit, it says no permission to write.

I'm so confused right now as to what to do. I don't if anyone has encountered this before or knows it's solution. Please help out.

Thanks sad sad sad sad sad

cc just2endowed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP!!! My SD Card Is Giving Me Issues by reverendfather: 8:08pm On Jul 13, 2016
okay I think the memory cards are faulty and not your devices. just return it while you still can and get a different brand.
Re: HELP!!! My SD Card Is Giving Me Issues by barackodam: 8:18pm On Jul 13, 2016
reverendfather:
okay I think the memory cards are faulty and not your devices.
just return it while you still can and get a different brand.

He won't collect it again as I'd given him the "this one is fine tone" remember I said when I created a folder immediately, it created, that was when I told him that indirectly. Now going to him saying its faulty again, he'd suppose it's my device that's damaging them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP!!! My SD Card Is Giving Me Issues by reverendfather: 8:28pm On Jul 13, 2016
barackodam:

He won't collect it again as I'd given him the "this one is fine tone" remember I said when I created a folder immediately, it created, that was when I told him that indirectly. Now going to him saying its faulty again, he'd suppose it's my device that's damaging them
that's something you should try to avoid next time you purchase anything from a Nigerian retailer, never ever show satisfaction.
do you have access to a pc?
Re: HELP!!! My SD Card Is Giving Me Issues by barackodam: 8:33pm On Jul 13, 2016
reverendfather:
that's something you should try to avoid next time you purchase anything from a Nigerian retailer, never ever show satisfaction.
do you have access to a pc?

that's true, but that's sadly one of my weakness
Yes I have

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP!!! My SD Card Is Giving Me Issues by reverendfather: 9:55pm On Jul 13, 2016
barackodam:

that's true, but that's sadly one of my weakness
Yes I have
OK insert the SD card into your pc and format it using FAT32 and also select allocation to default. let it run a quick format, now try to create any folder inside the SD card using your pc first.
if it created the folder without any problem, reinsert the mem card inyo your phone and let me know if the errors are still there.
Re: HELP!!! My SD Card Is Giving Me Issues by barackodam: 10:11pm On Jul 13, 2016
reverendfather:
OK insert the SD card into your pc and format it using FAT32 and also select allocation to default. let it run a quick format, now try to create any folder inside the SD card using your pc first.
if it created the folder without any problem, reinsert the mem card inyo your phone and let me know if the errors are still there.

I did that earlier. In fact, before formatting, it used to display card error, asking me to scan and repair. After I formatted, I scanned and repaired and it said twas good.

But still gives the same errors

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP!!! My SD Card Is Giving Me Issues by reverendfather: 10:30pm On Jul 13, 2016
barackodam:

I did that earlier. In fact, before formatting, it used to display card error, asking me to scan and repair. After I formatted, I scanned and repaired and it said twas good.

But still gives the same errors
even after formatting the SD card it's still remains undetectable?
Re: HELP!!! My SD Card Is Giving Me Issues by barackodam: 10:35pm On Jul 13, 2016
reverendfather:
even after formatting the SD card it's still remains undetectable?

Uhm, it seems you don't get it. It's been detected, it's just in a particular mode I don't know.

I'd have said its r/o, but I'm able to create folders and send files to it. It's just that, some apps don't have the r/w access to it. They see it as read only, hence they can't write anything to it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP!!! My SD Card Is Giving Me Issues by barackodam: 10:44pm On Jul 13, 2016
Brother......... cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP!!! My SD Card Is Giving Me Issues by barackodam: 10:47pm On Jul 13, 2016
I used one of the numerous apps on play store to test it, here's what I got.

And this is for my 16gb

Reverendfather

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP!!! My SD Card Is Giving Me Issues by just2endowed: 10:51pm On Jul 13, 2016
barackodam:
Sorry for my topic, I don't know how better to describe it.

Lemme go straight to the point.

I bought a 32gb sd card, new one, I asked for San Disk, he said he doesn't have and gave me what he said is better than San Disk. The name is active us. Here's the problem, my Gionee m3mini doesn't usually need reboot before detecting new card. But I had to. That was my first fright. After rebooting, it displayed the card, I opened shareit, an app meant to transfer from system to phone, just like xender and flash share. When I went to storage location, I saw under the sd card, that the card doesn't have write permissions. I was shocked and proceeded to creating a new folder, and unfortunately, I couldn't create the folder. It said no permission to write.

I inserted the card in my x510, it was working perfectly, at least, that's what I thought till I wanted to restore my backup. I just changed the rom. Then the app couldn't detect the card sef. I don't know how to explain this part, but below is an attached picture that shows how it's meant to look while the second is how it looks.

I returned the card and collected another, this time, I tried creating a new folder right away and it created. Long story short, it still has the same problem when I open shareit, it says no permission to write.

I'm so confused right now as to what to do. I don't if anyone has encountered this before or knows it's solution. Please help out.

Thanks sad sad sad sad sad

cc just2endowed

Getting an original SanDisk Micro SD card is now a heavy task. However, since u bought another model of SD card, I will suggest u do a real memory card test.

Firstly, download SD card insight from playstore to see the real capacity of the SD card and manufacturee name, serial, and date of production. If u can see those, it means your card is a perfect clone card.

Secondly, download SD test from playstore. This will determine the reading speed capacity of the card and also how it manage data by writing and reading data. This how the apps work. It will feel the card up with data and also rewrite it thereby allowing you to determine the speed of the card. If it's class 10,u should be able to get more than 4mb/s, class 10 should get more than 10mb/s.

Thirdly another great pc apps that can quickly detect authenticity of a card is to down a pc app called H2tew.exe. It's a pc app used in determining real capacity of microSd or any other memory card. It works like SD card test, but it also tell if a card is damaged or having fake capacity. For instance, most fake SanDisk sold on the road do not contain there real capacity.
Re: HELP!!! My SD Card Is Giving Me Issues by reverendfather: 10:54pm On Jul 13, 2016
okay if I get you correctly you're unable to write files and folders to the card, but it's detectable.
from your test analysis I won't jump into conclusion just yet, I think you should try a different software to check if the SD card is faulty.
judging by the screenshot you posted earlier, I don't think there's anyway a 32gb memcard will have a capacity of 34gb.

that is why I would want you to test and confirm if the card is working perfectly, with a different software as suggested by the poster above me.
because if the SD card is faulty or fake there is absolutely no amount of quick fixes that will ever make it work like an original one.

kindly screenshot your results
Re: HELP!!! My SD Card Is Giving Me Issues by barackodam: 1:14am On Jul 14, 2016
just2endowed:

Getting an original SanDisk Micro SD card is now a heavy task. However, since u bought another model of SD card, I will suggest u do a real memory card test.

Firstly, download SD card insight from playstore to see the real capacity of the SD card and manufacturee name, serial, and date of production. If u can see those, it means your card is a perfect clone card.

Secondly, download SD test from playstore. This will determine the reading speed capacity of the card and also how it manage data by writing and reading data. This how the apps work. It will feel the card up with data and also rewrite it thereby allowing you to determine the speed of the card. If it's class 10,u should be able to get more than 4mb/s, class 10 should get more than 10mb/s.

Thirdly another great pc apps that can quickly detect authenticity of a card is to down a pc app called H2tew.exe. It's a pc app used in determining real capacity of microSd or any other memory card. It works like SD card test, but it also tell if a card is damaged or having fake capacity. For instance, most fake SanDisk sold on the road do not contain there real capacity.

Brother, I just uploaded it in the comments before you. That's that of the SD card insight

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP!!! My SD Card Is Giving Me Issues by xxxtedyxxx(m): 2:14am On Jul 14, 2016
Op...this card is gone...there is nothing u can do about it.

stay away from Active Memory cards. They are all fake. There is an internal conflict that makes Active sdcard write protect itself. I have two Active sdcards....one 8gb, other 4gb. Both of them are now write protected, with their capacity reduced to 47mb and 8mb. Imagine a 4gb memory card showing as 8mb.

I dumped both in a bin....and got myself a SanDisk.
Re: HELP!!! My SD Card Is Giving Me Issues by barackodam: 2:49am On Jul 14, 2016
just2endowed:

I used the system RMPrepUSB to test, here's what I got.

Reverendfather

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP!!! My SD Card Is Giving Me Issues by barackodam: 2:50am On Jul 14, 2016
And then, I did a test using fakeflashtest, realized its 16gb duplicated to 32gb also

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP!!! My SD Card Is Giving Me Issues by barackodam: 2:54am On Jul 14, 2016
xxxtedyxxx:
Op...this card is gone...there is nothing u can do about it.

stay away from Active Memory cards. They are all fake. There is an internal conflict that makes Active sdcard write protect itself. I have two Active sdcards....one 8gb, other 4gb. Both of them are now write protected, with their capacity reduced to 47mb and 8mb. Imagine a 4gb memory card showing as 8mb.

I dumped both in a bin....and got myself a SanDisk.

I guess you're right afterall, if this is the case, I'd return it to him. Collect my money if possible add more then get San Disk, I can't dash someone 3k for this economy. I know how long I saved up to get it.

On another note, I wanted to continue using it, but I'm scared the day I might just be in dire need of it, it would just fall hand.

Thanks man....... Appreciation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP!!! My SD Card Is Giving Me Issues by Nobody: 2:54am On Jul 14, 2016
alot of times. memory card is about luck. Returned two bought from a big retailer in the UK. now i just got myself one of this HC 1 sandisk in a large retail store in Canada, yet i am still having troubles with it.
Maybe i am just unlucky with micro sd's.
I just use my phone like that since its comes with a 32gb. i dont worry about memory card again.
Re: HELP!!! My SD Card Is Giving Me Issues by just2endowed: 8:32am On Jul 14, 2016
barackodam:

I used the system RMPrepUSB to test, here's what I got.

Reverendfather

That's said it all then, the card has problem with access control . That's why it's like that.

Get original msd might be a big task. There are many unknown card and also clone/fake cards. Even SanDisk has the most clone in market. But getting the original one is a serious problem.

Remember, original SanDisk doesn't come cheap and that's what I tell my customers that patronize me.

I remember a customer in Lagos that bought 2 64gig SanDisk from one major online retail store. He meet me before going to buy those cards, and I told him my prices. He said he can get those cards at half price. Week later, he was looking for me and begging he need mine,after he return it to the top online store.
Re: HELP!!! My SD Card Is Giving Me Issues by barackodam: 9:31am On Jul 14, 2016
just2endowed:

That's said it all then, the card has problem with access control . That's why it's like that.

Get original msd might be a big task. There are many unknown card and also clone/fake cards. Even SanDisk has the most clone in market. But getting the original one is a serious problem.

Remember, original SanDisk doesn't come cheap and that's what I tell my customers that patronize me.

I remember a customer in Lagos that bought 2 64gig SanDisk from one major online retail store. He meet me before going to buy those cards, and I told him my prices. He said he can get those cards at half price. Week later, he was looking for me and begging he need mine,after he return it to the top online store.

Okay bro. Thanks for your time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP!!! My SD Card Is Giving Me Issues by barackodam: 1:50pm On Aug 02, 2016
Hello, morning. Sorry to bother you a bit.

I know you've already voted, but please i beg of you, kindly help modify your vote and add iamkingzlee.

It won't cost you nothing.....thanks and good luck to your contestants.

Bantino
Shidof
Nevetsibot
Sheddo619
Adeyeancah

Praktikals
Sydneyboss
Melvinjames
Mzlarem
Oyimeoyimemua

Baba11
perfectheart
Olasmith10
Unclesnr
Julchi

Geolan
Babafaros
Jerryism
Ulsherlan

Re: HELP!!! My SD Card Is Giving Me Issues by barackodam: 1:52pm On Aug 02, 2016
Hello, afternoon. Sorry to bother you a bit.

I know you've already voted, but please i beg of you, kindly help modify your vote and add iamkingzlee.

Columbus007
Nigmarelli
Chibecan
Clean9agent
Jjmani

Imdino
Teehay45
Ayokunlei
Lilyqueen
Nickxtra

Alist
Fela40
Andyjagga
Aleshmotors
Mrmcjay

chrisabiola247
Tippytop
Carlyrose
Papababy
Re: HELP!!! My SD Card Is Giving Me Issues by barackodam: 1:57pm On Aug 02, 2016
Hello, afternoon. Sorry to bother you a bit.

Funnynation
Nobodyy
Hazardd
Hringbraut
Assaultrifle

Unuane1
Emenandez4lyf
Scooby12
Pidggin
DerKlassiker

(1) (Reply)

Tubemate 2.4.0 Free App Download For Android / I Need 4g Expert Opinion / Help! I Forgot My Android Data Protection Password

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.