Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,750 members, 7,809,867 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

See The Great Handwork Drawn In Celebration Of Prof Wole Soyinka's 82nd Birthday - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / See The Great Handwork Drawn In Celebration Of Prof Wole Soyinka's 82nd Birthday (16551 Views)

Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) / Today Is Prof Wole Soyinka's 82nd Birthday,post Your Greetings / Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 82nd Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Great Handwork Drawn In Celebration Of Prof Wole Soyinka's 82nd Birthday by thorpido(m): 6:47am On Jul 14, 2016
muahmed:
Must u comment? U better turn 2 Islam now 4 a guarantee 2 d afterlife because Jesus also was a muslim.
delusion@bolded

1 Like

Re: See The Great Handwork Drawn In Celebration Of Prof Wole Soyinka's 82nd Birthday by dhebz2pon(m): 6:48am On Jul 14, 2016
The great soyinka,age with grace
Re: See The Great Handwork Drawn In Celebration Of Prof Wole Soyinka's 82nd Birthday by muahmed(m): 6:49am On Jul 14, 2016
thorpido:
delusion@bolded
Goan read ur bible well den come talk 2 me...
Re: See The Great Handwork Drawn In Celebration Of Prof Wole Soyinka's 82nd Birthday by cherriton12: 6:52am On Jul 14, 2016
Beautiful and nice art work...
Re: See The Great Handwork Drawn In Celebration Of Prof Wole Soyinka's 82nd Birthday by thorpido(m): 7:05am On Jul 14, 2016
muahmed:
Goan read ur bible well den come talk 2 me...
delusion is like a sea wave,you can just continue to ride it.
Re: See The Great Handwork Drawn In Celebration Of Prof Wole Soyinka's 82nd Birthday by jimmy101231(m): 7:06am On Jul 14, 2016
AOL captain blood okombo for you many hapy returns rugged you
Re: See The Great Handwork Drawn In Celebration Of Prof Wole Soyinka's 82nd Birthday by saintdennis(m): 7:08am On Jul 14, 2016
Got no love for P.C. Men

Got no love for a man who hasn't done enough to revert frats to the original ideals of founding founders
Re: See The Great Handwork Drawn In Celebration Of Prof Wole Soyinka's 82nd Birthday by muahmed(m): 7:21am On Jul 14, 2016
thorpido:
delusion is like a sea wave,you can just continue to ride it.
Alright suit ursef....
Re: See The Great Handwork Drawn In Celebration Of Prof Wole Soyinka's 82nd Birthday by Chocboyslim: 7:34am On Jul 14, 2016
Happy 82 birthday sir!!!! But I haven't hear from you since SnailBuhari enter office.....All dsame Congratulation!!!
Re: See The Great Handwork Drawn In Celebration Of Prof Wole Soyinka's 82nd Birthday by royalfamily(m): 7:35am On Jul 14, 2016
muahmed:
quit shaking ur hips n do d needful..

And converting to Islam is the needeful. ?,,
This person same person u 're preaching to May definitely make heaven before u God works in a mysterious way, just do ur part n be faithful to him.
Re: See The Great Handwork Drawn In Celebration Of Prof Wole Soyinka's 82nd Birthday by Orikinla(m): 7:36am On Jul 14, 2016
Awesome!
The great Kongi will like it.
Let me email it to him.
Re: See The Great Handwork Drawn In Celebration Of Prof Wole Soyinka's 82nd Birthday by smallJagaban: 7:45am On Jul 14, 2016
GREAT LITERATI .. GREATER THAN ACHEBE, CHIMANDA,
Re: See The Great Handwork Drawn In Celebration Of Prof Wole Soyinka's 82nd Birthday by Orikinla(m): 7:48am On Jul 14, 2016
Mu2ni:
Artist Laolo is a professional in making mind-blowing art drawings on human body but the Artist took his precious time to personally celebrate the winner of the 1986 Nobel Prize for Literature, Professor Wole Soyinka on his 82nd birthday today.

Check the drawing out below:

Source: http://www.9jacodedgist.com/2016/07/see-great-handwork-drawn-in-celebration.html
cc: lalasticlala, Obinnau

This is a timeless masterpiece.
If it is on canvas, it can fetch more than USD100, 000 in China, US and UK, because of global fame of the first black Nobel laureate in Literature.
The fact is thousands will pay as much as USD1 each to view the art exhibition.
The artist must not fail to go places internationally with this great artwork.
This can even be an MFA project, because it encompasses the life history of the lionized Prof. Wole SOYINKA.
Re: See The Great Handwork Drawn In Celebration Of Prof Wole Soyinka's 82nd Birthday by Pdizzle(m): 8:26am On Jul 14, 2016
adioolayi:
I can translate a part showing his travails at the hand of Gen. Sani Abacha.....WANTED... and possibly the end of that military dictator by the beautiful woman image.

The megaphone depicting how vocal he is...somewhere below the drawings ..I can see piles of books meaning he read widely and highly knowledgeable.. of course beside the pile of books, there is a logo of dry head and bones.. covering his ties with Buccaneers confraternity..

Abeg, nairalanders....what can you also see and possible meanings

Nice one.
There's a typewriter to showcase his published works, a car to show he has traveled wide, faces of African statues to show he's a proponent of the African traditional religion and a man in a bulb, depicting his illumination or enlightenement.
Re: See The Great Handwork Drawn In Celebration Of Prof Wole Soyinka's 82nd Birthday by muahmed(m): 8:39am On Jul 14, 2016
royalfamily:

And converting to Islam is the needeful. ?,,
This person same person u 're preaching to May definitely make heaven before u God works in a mysterious way, just do ur part n be faithful to him.
Nice words..... Thanks
Re: See The Great Handwork Drawn In Celebration Of Prof Wole Soyinka's 82nd Birthday by franklingud(m): 9:02am On Jul 14, 2016
anumanu! !! may you die a horrible death because of what you brought upon us.

#SayNoToCultism
Re: See The Great Handwork Drawn In Celebration Of Prof Wole Soyinka's 82nd Birthday by JOJUADE(m): 9:14am On Jul 14, 2016
nice one...... Happy birthday "P'WS"
Re: See The Great Handwork Drawn In Celebration Of Prof Wole Soyinka's 82nd Birthday by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 14, 2016
franklingud:
anumanu! !! may you die a horrible death because of what you brought upon us.

#SayNoToCultism
Did your father bring christanity to Nigeria??
Re: See The Great Handwork Drawn In Celebration Of Prof Wole Soyinka's 82nd Birthday by neocortex: 9:28am On Jul 14, 2016
arijay:
Great work of art. Wole, you are getting old, accept Jesus today and be celebrated more both here and beyond.
Not everybody wants to be mentally enslaved.
Re: See The Great Handwork Drawn In Celebration Of Prof Wole Soyinka's 82nd Birthday by Google63(m): 9:30am On Jul 14, 2016
Pdizzle:

Nice one.
There's a typewriter to showcase his published works, a car to show he has traveled wide, faces of African statues to show he's a proponent of the African traditional religion and a man in a bulb, depicting his illumination or enlightenement.

I can see a quill feather and a bottle of ink, which shows he's a writer

1 Like

Re: See The Great Handwork Drawn In Celebration Of Prof Wole Soyinka's 82nd Birthday by fapcrook(m): 10:02am On Jul 14, 2016
Happy Birthday Dictionary
Re: See The Great Handwork Drawn In Celebration Of Prof Wole Soyinka's 82nd Birthday by Horlar995(m): 11:30am On Jul 14, 2016
Every1 shld look closely under abacha head in that artwork.......is that nt a naked woman?
Re: See The Great Handwork Drawn In Celebration Of Prof Wole Soyinka's 82nd Birthday by sholay2011(m): 3:54pm On Jul 14, 2016
This is great! Such a complex and detailed artwork that tells so many stories of a unique man.

1 Like

Re: See The Great Handwork Drawn In Celebration Of Prof Wole Soyinka's 82nd Birthday by kayojosephy(m): 8:01pm On Jul 17, 2016
englishmart:
too old to have the sky as his limit. He's gone beyond the sky already, he's probably in heaven
Funny you Bro, was actually referring to the artist who made the artwork.. Hope you get that now.
Re: See The Great Handwork Drawn In Celebration Of Prof Wole Soyinka's 82nd Birthday by franklingud(m): 6:58pm On Jul 18, 2016
lordoseji:
You must be a f00l.. you will soon be thrown aboard
Re: See The Great Handwork Drawn In Celebration Of Prof Wole Soyinka's 82nd Birthday by franklingud(m): 6:58pm On Jul 18, 2016
lordoseji:
You must be a f00l.. you will soon be thrown aboard... think abt ur life.
Re: See The Great Handwork Drawn In Celebration Of Prof Wole Soyinka's 82nd Birthday by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 18, 2016
franklingud:

You must be a f00l.. you will soon be thrown aboard
guy ur blood dey hot oh.. ogbeni no vex ni na question i ask.
Re: See The Great Handwork Drawn In Celebration Of Prof Wole Soyinka's 82nd Birthday by franklingud(m): 7:27am On Jul 19, 2016
lordoseji:
guy ur blood dey hot oh.. ogbeni no vex ni na question i ask.
your father ogbeni and gave birth to ogbeni too.
werey!
Re: See The Great Handwork Drawn In Celebration Of Prof Wole Soyinka's 82nd Birthday by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 19, 2016
franklingud:

your father ogbeni and gave birth to ogbeni too.
werey!
If insult is what u want then am ready to give u an overdose of it.. guy no push me o
Re: See The Great Handwork Drawn In Celebration Of Prof Wole Soyinka's 82nd Birthday by franklingud(m): 7:31pm On Jul 19, 2016
lordoseji:
If insult is what u want then am ready to give u an overdose of it.. guy no push me o
Lol!!... Ara agbaa ya!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Sex Service To My Principal And Students – NYSC Member...episode 1 / "The Secrets" - A Story Written By A Nairalander / Memories Of Cupid(2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.