Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Best Way To Detect An Hybrid App ? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Best Way To Detect An Hybrid App ? (1216 Views)

Virustotal Just Launched A Android Sandbox To Detect Malicious Apps / Factors To Bear In Mind While Investing In Hybrid App Development / Best Way To Separate HTML And PHP? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Way To Detect An Hybrid App ? by FincoApps(m): 9:49pm On Jul 13, 2016
Apart from Apk disassembling, what are the other sure ways to identify Hybrid Apps ?

For me, I used to use these methods:

1. Screen transitions (Some Hybrid Apps don't animate when moving from screen to screen).
2. Then, the scrolling speed (Some hybrid apps don't scroll well)

So what's your method ?
Re: Best Way To Detect An Hybrid App ? by Kodejuice: 10:23pm On Jul 13, 2016
Hmmm, These ur methods will only work on Lower-end devices (i.e 512MB Ram), buts it atcually the best way to detect Hybrid Apps. They lag alot on lower-end devices. But its almost impossible to detect hybridness (Just by seeing), if the App is running on a device that has over 2GB Ram
Re: Best Way To Detect An Hybrid App ? by Kodejuice: 10:29pm On Jul 13, 2016
Depending on the Framework used, you can detect if the one you're familliar with is used. Frameworks like jQuery Mobile(this one is obvious), Ionic, Onsen UI. Framework7 is so hard to detect, since it's near Native in terms of UI, both on Android and IOS.

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Detect An Hybrid App ? by Anmich: 12:58am On Jul 14, 2016
Performance
Re: Best Way To Detect An Hybrid App ? by FincoApps(m): 7:57am On Jul 14, 2016
Kodejuice:
Hmmm, These ur methods will only work on Lower-end devices (i.e 512MB Ram), buts it atcually the best way to detect Hybrid Apps. They lag alot on lower-end devices. But its almost impossible to detect hybridness (Just by seeing), if the App is running on a device that has over 2GB Ram

Lol I forgot to mention. There's a 99% sure way I recently developed.... ALL HYBRID APPS have this behavior:

When the keyboard pops out, tapping else where to remove the keyboard would briefly show a white background. This happens even with Apps like Access Bank apps (I consider to be one of the most optimized hybrid apps) on my BB Passport.

Although I said 99% because I recently came across a sample ionic app that doesn't have this behaviour
Re: Best Way To Detect An Hybrid App ? by FincoApps(m): 8:04am On Jul 14, 2016
Anmich:
Performance

Dude, what do you mean performance ? That's the oldest way. Check these games/apps out:

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/42154889/

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ideateca.sumon&hl=en

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ideateca.TicTacToe

Google WhatsAppionic sample.

Tell me if you experienced performance issues with them. If you did, then I assure you, you will experience performance issues with the native equivalent of these apps/games on the phone you used to test

(1) (Reply)

Job Vacancy For .net Programmer / Framework Or A CMS For An E-commerce Website? / I Need Your Help And Idea.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.