Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,078 members, 7,835,639 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

New "trend" In Nigerian-based Website Layouts - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / New "trend" In Nigerian-based Website Layouts (677 Views)

Need Tutorials(e-books) On How To Build Website Layouts(temp) Using Photoshop. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New "trend" In Nigerian-based Website Layouts by yawatide(f): 8:52pm On Sep 11, 2009
As some of you may know, I am very much into random googling of websites. I do this to see what the competition is doing (and not doing) and to see what I can incorporate into my future web jobs.

Recently, quite a few nigerian-based websites have started displaying the "rebrand nigeria, good people, great nation (or whatever it is)" logo on their sites. In fact, coming to think of it, it reminds me of the "proudly Nigeiran" logos I used to see back in the day.

Is there some kind of law out there that requires nigerian-based websites to have the rebrand logo? or is this something one person started and now others, in the spirit of the animal pack syndrome have decided to copy? If you happened to see this logo on a website, would it make a difference to you?

Let's discuss.
Re: New "trend" In Nigerian-based Website Layouts by ogogoro: 9:07pm On Sep 11, 2009
To be honest, it will take more that a "Green-white-Green" logo to get me to put my faith in a Nigerian site. At the moment, our works need to outshine the faith we put in this rebranding project thing because it all seems to be "talk, talk, talk". Only "more action" i.e Nigerians promising, and delivering can buy my trust in Nigerians websites - as with every other website/business.
Re: New "trend" In Nigerian-based Website Layouts by smartsoft(m): 1:37am On Sep 12, 2009
infact some press ads now, you will find the nigerian logo on it, not just website ooo if am gonna design anyfin close to nigeria fin, i will add it cos am proud of nigeria
Re: New "trend" In Nigerian-based Website Layouts by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 12, 2009
ok, i am going to rebrand all my sites with the new naija logoz! tongue
Re: New "trend" In Nigerian-based Website Layouts by remoranger(m): 11:07am On Sep 12, 2009
PAcK SYNDROME IS NOT A BAD THING. THE FACT THAT YOU ARE ON THIS board means you obey the laws of the HERD. DONT MAKE IT SOUND AS THOUGH ITS BAD. Somebody invented CSS right? and we are all copying right? undecided
Re: New "trend" In Nigerian-based Website Layouts by yawatide(f): 11:17am On Sep 12, 2009
PAcK SYNDROME IS NOT A BAD THING.

I didn't say that tongue

Read my post again. My questions:

- Is there some kind of law out there that requires nigerian-based websites to have the rebrand logo?
- is this something one person started and now others, in the spirit of the animal pack syndrome have decided to copy?
- If you happened to see this logo on a website, would it make a difference to you?

I am probably more interested in answers to the 3rd question. The first is more of sarcasm.

so, stop typing in all caps and join in on the discussion wink
Re: New "trend" In Nigerian-based Website Layouts by remoranger(m): 3:20pm On Sep 12, 2009
I type when i want AND HOW I WANT.
Re: New "trend" In Nigerian-based Website Layouts by OmniPotens(m): 4:38pm On Sep 12, 2009
Please don't type how you want as i think there is a rule on the forum about typing all words in caps. Or i'm i wrong? Is so then it might be on another forum
Re: New "trend" In Nigerian-based Website Layouts by OmniPotens(m): 4:42pm On Sep 12, 2009
No matter how proud i am about Nigeria, i can't consider having those logos on my works. Never dreaming about it, not all.
Re: New "trend" In Nigerian-based Website Layouts by remoranger(m): 4:54pm On Sep 12, 2009
@yawa
I dont remember typing all words in CAPITAL LETTERS. so that rule does not apply. NEXT?

(1) (Reply)

Web Templates Online / Pls Help / Modx

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.