Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Two-storey Building Collapses In Ogidi, Anambra, 7 Feared Dead - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Two-storey Building Collapses In Ogidi, Anambra, 7 Feared Dead (13459 Views)

Two Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, No Fatality Recorded (Photos) / Three Storey Building Collapses At Ilasa, Lagos (Photos, Video) / Building Collapses In Lekki, Two Feared Dead (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Ogidi, Anambra, 7 Feared Dead by bishop4life(m): 7:10am On Jul 14, 2016
shugacaneman:
This pic was borrowed from somewhere around middle east. That's not our environment.

That pic is so real. Although I can only confirm three deaths but not the later four .
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Ogidi, Anambra, 7 Feared Dead by YourNemesis: 7:10am On Jul 14, 2016
shugacaneman:
This pic was borrowed from somewhere around middle east. That's not our environment.

But the police uniform resembles ours na.
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Ogidi, Anambra, 7 Feared Dead by kingmassa(m): 7:12am On Jul 14, 2016
Building will keep collapsing until professionals are engaged and paid professional fees. Clients always seek for cheap labour and collapse of buildings is the end product meanwhile the building in the picture above is a 3 storey building not a 2 storey building. It has 3 slabs already.
Build wise engage a professional builder
www.dantechnig.com

1 Like

Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Ogidi, Anambra, 7 Feared Dead by williondg(m): 7:26am On Jul 14, 2016
kingmassa:
Building will keep collapsing until professionals are engaged and paid professional fees. Clients always seek for cheap labour and collapse of buildings is the end product meanwhile the building in the picture above is a 3 storey building not a 2 storey building. It has 3 slabs already.
Build wise engage a professional builder
www.dantechnig.com
i dont think its de clients fault de engineers should be held accountable for dis

1 Like

Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Ogidi, Anambra, 7 Feared Dead by Dsrooftiles: 7:27am On Jul 14, 2016
Rip

Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Ogidi, Anambra, 7 Feared Dead by hysteriabox(m): 7:34am On Jul 14, 2016
shugacaneman:
Exactly...ur on poinf
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Ogidi, Anambra, 7 Feared Dead by favyff(f): 7:43am On Jul 14, 2016
Sad news this early morning. It's a pity.
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Ogidi, Anambra, 7 Feared Dead by DeRay98(m): 7:44am On Jul 14, 2016
shugacaneman:

How did you come to that conclusion sir?
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Ogidi, Anambra, 7 Feared Dead by Pavore9: 8:00am On Jul 14, 2016
DeRay98:

How did you come to that conclusion sir?

That is a collapsed building in Nairobi, Kenya and it occurred in December 2014!

1 Like

Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Ogidi, Anambra, 7 Feared Dead by santos2020: 8:03am On Jul 14, 2016
some times you may not blame the contractors,WE HAVE TO BLAME the SUB STANDARD MATRIALS,eg the sizes of iron rod now to compare the size in those OLD DAYS is one of the cause, that why you see old houses build in 1975 still very strong, we know that the durability of a building is on the pillars not the block work . Our government have to sanitise the IRON ROD sector to avoid future.
Titto93:
Incompetent contractors
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Ogidi, Anambra, 7 Feared Dead by santos2020: 8:03am On Jul 14, 2016
some times you may not blame the contractors,WE HAVE TO BLAME the SUB STANDARD MATRIALS,eg the sizes of iron rod now to compare the size in those OLD DAYS is one of the cause, that why you see old houses build in 1975 still very strong, we know that the durability of a building is on the pillars not the block work . Our government have to sanitise the IRON ROD sector to avoid more problems in future.
Titto93:
Incompetent contractors
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Ogidi, Anambra, 7 Feared Dead by kikake: 8:19am On Jul 14, 2016
Hassan Musa, DPO, of Ogidi.
Does Musa know anything about Ogidi? Does Musa understand the accent of Ogidi people?
No. How then is Musa excepted to fight crime in Ogidi?

Restructure this failed country or let it split to more manageable countries.
Fulani alone wants this over-centralized Abuja government system.

RIP to the dead.
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Ogidi, Anambra, 7 Feared Dead by Alexander001(m): 8:33am On Jul 14, 2016
are you sure this is the picture of the collapsed building? because this environment is totally different from the actual environment. and it was raining when it happened.
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Ogidi, Anambra, 7 Feared Dead by Ricardo010: 8:33am On Jul 14, 2016
grin why will this not be happening, were everybody were the go side be Engineer and the ones were be the real Engineers them call them school boys or girls, rest in peace to the dead ones
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Ogidi, Anambra, 7 Feared Dead by Alexander001(m): 8:35am On Jul 14, 2016
Pavore9:

That is a collapsed building in Nairobi, Kenya and it occurred in December 2014!
exactly, it happened down my street at nkpor not even ogidi. and it rained that day bt that picture shows otherwise.
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Ogidi, Anambra, 7 Feared Dead by mattmogan88: 10:06am On Jul 14, 2016
wonders

Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Ogidi, Anambra, 7 Feared Dead by chigoizie7(m): 10:18am On Jul 14, 2016
When they keep using 8mm rods in place of 16mm. And instead of normal mix of 9 head pan for sand to 7head pan stone for 1 bag of cement, they will use 12 sands and 10stones for 1 bag. And instead of using iron stones for pillars and deckons, they use "anya awo".

Just to minimise cost.

Both the engineer and the owner of that house should be held responsible.
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Ogidi, Anambra, 7 Feared Dead by DeRay98(m): 10:19am On Jul 14, 2016
Pavore9:

Nairobi is the Capital of Kenya and kenya is not in the Middle East but East Africa.
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Ogidi, Anambra, 7 Feared Dead by Pavore9: 10:25am On Jul 14, 2016
DeRay98:

Nairobi is the Capital of Kenya and kenya is not in the Middle East but East Africa.

I live in Nairobi, so what is your point regarding the Middle East?
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Ogidi, Anambra, 7 Feared Dead by Undisputable1(m): 10:34am On Jul 14, 2016
Pls ignore the information, it's not seven persons that died in the incident but three persons died at the spot, two persons sustained injuires and one person survive unhurt.
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Ogidi, Anambra, 7 Feared Dead by Bimpe29: 10:36am On Jul 14, 2016
Haba! Oh Lord! This is pathetic. Let the site engineer or the contractor of the building be arrested asap. That is the effect of using substandard materials.
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Ogidi, Anambra, 7 Feared Dead by olab007(m): 10:37am On Jul 14, 2016
i think its high time we pay attension to safety in Nigeria, proper investigation should be done and ppl should be held responsible for all this.
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Ogidi, Anambra, 7 Feared Dead by enshi(m): 10:38am On Jul 14, 2016
Some part of that building look painted to me.... This means they were trying to add more floors to an old foundation.... Greed!!! Here in onitsha there is a primary school ( victory international school) located in awada the foundation of that school is older than me and just last year the owner added four extra floors to the over 25yrs building.... When I pass there I just see and accident waiting to happen and to imagine that parents still take their children there is so pathetic
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Ogidi, Anambra, 7 Feared Dead by DeRay98(m): 10:41am On Jul 14, 2016
Pavore9:

I live in Nairobi, so what is your point regarding the Middle East?
Sorry, I misquoted you in place of someone else who posted
"shugacaneman:
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Ogidi, Anambra, 7 Feared Dead by Pavore9: 10:52am On Jul 14, 2016
DeRay98:

Sorry, I misquoted you in place of someone else who posted
"shugacaneman:

OK.

1 Like

Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Ogidi, Anambra, 7 Feared Dead by semitunde: 11:42am On Jul 14, 2016
nastyesco:
Substandard materials full everywhere in Onitsha..
That place just stinks of evil and deceit per Sq metre....RIP to the dead.

Many of the reinforcement sold in anambra are substandard. Had to bring in our reinforcements from Lagos when I worked there.

Quick check, if you bend a reinforcement full 360 or at least 180 degrees and it snaps, that means its brittle and will not perform its work when loaded.
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Ogidi, Anambra, 7 Feared Dead by Hbuyosh(m): 11:46am On Jul 14, 2016
That building collapse incident was in Kenya! In Makongeni Estate to be precise. I am a Kenyan and I recognize that scene.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwjI7L_l4_LNAhUI6RQKHZTpDygQjxwIAw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fclassic105.com%2Ftens-trapped-as-four-storey-building-collapses-in-makongeni-jogoo-road-2%2F&psig=AFQjCNFW0froKXtf9K6oXmgPDn5PcZv-ZQ&ust=1468579663621318&cad=rjt
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Ogidi, Anambra, 7 Feared Dead by Akinaukwa: 12:00pm On Jul 14, 2016
The heart of men can be desperately wicked. It may even be the Contractor never took note of the inferior materials used in the building work. I remember how a so called man of God cum Block moulder ripped me off during my house contruction. He will collect money for ten bags to mould twenty-five (25) blocks per bag cos of solidness but will eventually short- change me, buy 5bags and use it to mould almost 45blocks per bag. I gave him a surprise visit one day and made the alarming discovery. The touch of a 3yr old was capable of breaking any of the blocks to pieces. That was how i shouted and drove him away from my sight. If not for my observation who knows what would have been the fate of my building. God forbid!! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Ogidi, Anambra, 7 Feared Dead by ThunderingHooves: 2:30pm On Jul 15, 2016
The photo is from a building collapse in Nairobi, Kenya. OP please dont plagiarize pictures

(1) (2) (Reply)

Current Prices Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria / Stainless Steel Handrails | Price 22k/m | Turkey & Italy 304grade In Nigeria. / Wonder Court Bungalow Comes With Exquisite Luxury +2349030188831

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.