Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

I Want To Have Quick Dreadlocks - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / I Want To Have Quick Dreadlocks (36260 Views)

Afro, Dreadlocks, Low-cut, Cornrows Or Skincut? Which Do You Prefer? / DREADLOCKS.. YOUR PRECIOUS ADVICE IS NEEDED! / Clean Cut, Waves, Braids, Or Dreadlocks On Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Have Quick Dreadlocks by Ascony(m): 8:58pm On Sep 11, 2009
guyz , i know that someone here can help. pls i need a quick instant dreadlocks, yea i know the usual long term style that might take up to a year but i dont think i can wait that long. i need an instant remedy. or is there any salon here in lagos where one can have an instant dreadlocks for an affordable price, pls someone hint me
Re: I Want To Have Quick Dreadlocks by solargal(f): 9:25pm On Sep 11, 2009
u av got to thank me, quick dreadlocks , rub toothpaste on every section of ur hair until it locks as u desire it, and dont watch the tooth paste, leave it for like 3months , by then, it locks naturally, and as for saloon, go to downtown salon at bode thomas but it is quite xpensive
Re: I Want To Have Quick Dreadlocks by mohawkchic(f): 12:41am On Sep 12, 2009
~Do You mean "Quick" as in have dreadlocks extensions put in?
Re: I Want To Have Quick Dreadlocks by Nobody: 2:08am On Sep 12, 2009
Don't do it!!! cheesy
Re: I Want To Have Quick Dreadlocks by mohawkchic(f): 2:18am On Sep 12, 2009
~ grin Why Not!
Re: I Want To Have Quick Dreadlocks by solargal(f): 7:53pm On Sep 12, 2009
wat do u mean he shouldn't do it, gyz, dats the best , if u have any other better suggestion, please write it out
Re: I Want To Have Quick Dreadlocks by Nobody: 2:48am On Sep 13, 2009
mohawkchic:

~ grin Why Not!

I don't like it. lol grin I feel it dampens people's beauty afterwards. grin
Re: I Want To Have Quick Dreadlocks by Ascony(m): 12:54pm On Sep 13, 2009
@solargal. thanks for that , i really appreciate. but three months is too far for me to carry menthol on my hair. Lol. i need a one or 2day instant solution.
that downtown salon sef, how much do u think it would be?
@stillwater, all i can say is, one man's food is another man poison.
@all, pls any other solutions will be appreciated. Gracias
Re: I Want To Have Quick Dreadlocks by solargal(f): 5:47pm On Sep 13, 2009
downtown, would be quite xpensive, i got my artificial dreadlocks for five thousand naira, so i think for the natural one, it might be 7,000, just go and ask them , but do u live in surulere
Re: I Want To Have Quick Dreadlocks by Ascony(m): 7:57pm On Sep 13, 2009
7k is not that much 2 compare 2 how much i want it now, anywayz i stay in lekki but i have relations in surulere. Thanks for all ur suggestions, i will visit downtown one of these days.
Re: I Want To Have Quick Dreadlocks by solargal(f): 9:27pm On Sep 14, 2009
why do u really want it that much, could u let me in on the secret wink
Re: I Want To Have Quick Dreadlocks by Ascony(m): 11:14am On Sep 15, 2009
no special reason sweetie, i want it just as u want to eat food. Lol
can u hook me up on ymsger pls, ascony2003@yahoo.com. i will be expectin u,
see ya
Re: I Want To Have Quick Dreadlocks by solargal(f): 4:21pm On Sep 17, 2009
i dont really wnt food dat much, sometimes i dont eat at all for a day.

anyway, i'll hook u up on y messenger
Re: I Want To Have Quick Dreadlocks by are4sure: 12:48pm On Feb 25, 2011
I learnt make me Salon and Downtown salon (both at Bode Thomas, Surulere) are very good in making dreadlocks. Please i will like to know the best out of the two. I was make me salon workmanship is N8,000.
Re: I Want To Have Quick Dreadlocks by Cool: 11:08am On Mar 01, 2011
Quick dreadlocks?
I'm not sure there's anything like that! With dreadlocks, patience is really key  smiley
A method of making dreadlocks - interlocking - will help your hair stay longer together at the initial stages and give the look of dreadlocks but I say, "approach with care". If wrongly done, it can quickly damage your hair.
I have been to a lot of the 'good' salons in Lagos that handle locs and I have only met one guy who claims to do interlocking style. I allowed him handle my hair for about 3 months and my hair is still recovering from what he did. I am very attentive to my locs and I was able to detect the damage he was causing on time. If not, I might be telling another story.
About salons, get a referral to a specific person, not a salon. Usually, there are many people doing locs in these salons and not all of them are good. I know because I've been to a lot of them. When you see someone with locs that look nice, ask the person for the name and phone number of his/her loctician.
If you want locs that look healthy and alive, stay away from excessive use of products on your hair.
I advise that you should not put toothpaste on your hair; not even for 5 minutes.
Well, I understand the urge to have beautiful locs the moment you start. I felt the same way too but now, 4 years down the line, I'm glad I took the slow but steady route smiley
Regards.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Have Quick Dreadlocks by Paparasta: 12:40am On Sep 17, 2012
If u want quick dreadlocks in 1 or 2 days! 1 lady i know but not in lagos but in abidjan her fone number 00225 02237922 she the best in west afrika, pipols comming from europe to see her, check her on facebook naturalbeautyabidjan@ yahoo.com. WE CALL HER DOCTOR DREAD shocked
Re: I Want To Have Quick Dreadlocks by Nobody: 4:25am On Sep 17, 2012
Cool: Quick dreadlocks?
I'm not sure there's anything like that! With dreadlocks, patience is really key  smiley
A method of making dreadlocks - interlocking - will help your hair stay longer together at the initial stages and give the look of dreadlocks but I say, "approach with care". If wrongly done, it can quickly damage your hair.
I have been to a lot of the 'good' salons in Lagos that handle locs and I have only met one guy who claims to do interlocking style. I allowed him handle my hair for about 3 months and my hair is still recovering from what he did. I am very attentive to my locs and I was able to detect the damage he was causing on time. If not, I might be telling another story.
About salons, get a referral to a specific person, not a salon. Usually, there are many people doing locs in these salons and not all of them are good. I know because I've been to a lot of them. When you see someone with locs that look nice, ask the person for the name and phone number of his/her loctician.
If you want locs that look healthy and alive, stay away from excessive use of products on your hair.
I advise that you should not put toothpaste on your hair; not even for 5 minutes.
Well, I understand the urge to have beautiful locs the moment you start. I felt the same way too but now, 4 years down the line, I'm glad I took the slow but steady route smiley
Regards.

I have a 2wks locs... Can u email me details on how to keep it clean, healthy and alive? Would really appreciate it.thanks morningdewatdawn@gmail.com
Re: I Want To Have Quick Dreadlocks by JallowBah(f): 9:56pm On Sep 17, 2012
serahsadeiyare:

I have a 2wks locs... Can u email me details on how to keep it clean, healthy and alive? Would really appreciate it.thanks morningdewatdawn@gmail.com

I am not african, but my husband have dreadlocks almost down to his hips, so I kind of feel I can answer as wellwink

If you got the normal, supercurly african hair, wash it every day. With herb-shampoo, is possible. If you dont have it, use a shampoo as natural as possible.
And RUB the shampoo in with your palms, and squeeze it in as if youre squeezing a sponge.

How to treat them depends on how you want them. If you want them to be neat and tidy, I really cant help you much. Some people use knitting-needles to take the loose hair through the locks to make them more tight, and sit down and roll the locks in their palms.
If you want them naturally, leave them much alone. My husband would normally just braid the new, small hairs as a normal, tight braid, lock it at the end, and leave it. In about one month, it was a little dreadlock.
He also used Ambla arabic oil every day in his hair, so it wouldnt dry out, and look more shiny and more dark. His locks are in different shapes and sizes, since he has gotten them the neglect-way.

The good thing for african hair compared to caucasian hair is that you can clean them every day, even if you live in a cold country, cause the hair dry up fast because of the curls. I, on the other hand, cant to it more than 1-2times every week, as it takes up to 20hours before its dry.

Feel free to ask..smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Have Quick Dreadlocks by zarrek000(m): 1:33am On Sep 18, 2012
http://kalakuta.spreadshirt.com/ follow link for exclusive gear

(1) (Reply)

New Trends In Fashion: Ankara And More / Hair Detail ➡ FAUX LOCS! / Weavon For Balding Men (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.