Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,348 members, 7,860,902 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:24 PM

Blackberry Is Confused. See Why You Should Think So - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Is Confused. See Why You Should Think So (1701 Views)

Blackberry, Is Making A Comeback As A Software Company / Reason You Should Think Of Itels31 / Blackberry is back! See Images, Specs And Price Of The New Blackberry Keyone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blackberry Is Confused. See Why You Should Think So by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 13, 2016
Just last week, Blackberry announced that it will stop the production of the Blackberry Classic. People naturally thought this announcement implies the death of BB10 (BB10 has always been faced with imminent death), but rather confusingly, Blackberry has come out in a recent blog post to dispel such thoughts.

In a recent blog post, Blackberry, in an attempt to “set the records straight", announced that BB10 wouldn't die (at least, not yet). The COO, Marty Beard, wrote: “I made the rounds the past couple of days with the press to set the record straight, and the message was this – BlackBerry is not backing away from BB10." This means those using the BB10 platform (predominantly businesses) can be rest assured that the platform would still be supported as Beard said “future BB10 software updates for 2017 are already in the works."

Where it gets confusing is, what happens to future devices? Blackberry has played down on future phones running BB10. For now, Blackberry Passport and Blackberry Leap are the latest device to run BB10 and it doesn't seem there's ever going to be a new one. What Blackberry has promised is to continue to make more brilliant devices like Blackberry Priv (an android phone).

The big question is, Why support BB10 when you're not ready to put it on new devices? That, I say, is very confusing!!

Source: techradar

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Is Confused. See Why You Should Think So by Nobody: 5:23am On Jul 14, 2016
Hmmm, I have nothing to say.
Re: Blackberry Is Confused. See Why You Should Think So by Phrankin(m): 8:12am On Jul 14, 2016
abuayman:
Hmmm, I have nothing to say.
hmmm, me too
Re: Blackberry Is Confused. See Why You Should Think So by ddjay: 9:05am On Jul 14, 2016
You mean people still use blackberry? And even expect updates. Chai undecided lipsrsealed shocked cheesy grin
Re: Blackberry Is Confused. See Why You Should Think So by anethcharly(m): 9:49am On Jul 14, 2016
Phrankin:
hmmm, me too

Even me
Re: Blackberry Is Confused. See Why You Should Think So by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 14, 2016
Nigerians don't really care about Blackberry anymore (unless you're using a Priv, which is an android phone). I feel BB10 should have died a long time ago (as there's no tangible reason for it to live) but it seems it still wants to hold out. Whatever happens to BB10, in Naija where we dey, we don't give a hoot!
Re: Blackberry Is Confused. See Why You Should Think So by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 14, 2016
Why romance section?
Re: Blackberry Is Confused. See Why You Should Think So by annacheem: 4:08pm On Jul 14, 2016
the bb10 OS is still going to die at the end of the day
Re: Blackberry Is Confused. See Why You Should Think So by laivwire(m): 4:53pm On Jul 14, 2016
Well, theres a reason wy microsoft still provided support for the Windows XP OS for over a decade after a new platform was introduced. Cos Blackberry switched to Android doesn't mean every BB user should go dump their phones.
Re: Blackberry Is Confused. See Why You Should Think So by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 14, 2016
laivwire:
Well, theres a reason wy microsoft still provided support for the Windows XP OS for over a decade after a new platform was introduced. Cos Blackberry switched to Android doesn't mean every BB user should go dump their phones.

We understand they have a reason for still supporting the platform. But the thing is, why keep mute on whether the platform would still make it unto future devices?
Re: Blackberry Is Confused. See Why You Should Think So by whizbee(m): 6:36pm On Jul 14, 2016
In the face of rock hard competition, brands are not quite easy to maintain, profits are opted for to salvage the company's image.

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Expensive Watches In The World / How To Get 400mb With N50 On Etisalat / Gionee A1 defeats Google Pixel in Fast charge technology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.