Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,047 members, 7,825,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

My Experience With Benin Electricity Distribution Company - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Experience With Benin Electricity Distribution Company (733 Views)

LASG CCTV Van Stuck On Electricity Cables At Abule Egba (photos) / UK Commiserates With Benin Kingdom Over Death Of Monarch / Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) Rectifies Billing Complaints (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Benin Electricity Distribution Company by craves(m): 1:07am On Jul 14, 2016
honestly i dont know how to go about this o. In february BEDC romoved the so-called N750 fixed charge and increased consumption/kwh from 14.8 to 24.08, since then it has been a nightmare particularly for postpaid meter owners(like my moms house). What BEDC does now is to top up your consumption to at least 150 whether or not u consumed up to that amount.

When i first noticed it in march, i questioned the guy who brought the bill, he said i should reach their office, that his work is to just submit bill.

On reaching the nearest office, a staff explained to me that it is the policy of the new management. That they believe no household can have a consumtion unit less than 100. I futher explained that the house belongs to my mom and a single tenant who travels alot and that the area only have light for 4-5hrs every two days, so there is no way he would expect the metre to run up to 150 consumption a month. Due to the poor light situation the metre runs an average of 50-60 consumption monthy

he however asked me to write to the warri district head quarters, warri district asked me to write to benin which i did(only God knows if it was fowarded)

this has continued since february, the current metre reading which is usually collected by the metre guy is not used. They forge and use a bloated figure just to make sure the consumption is at least 120-150 units, making me to pay 2-3times what is consumed monthly

the bill they brought for april has no previous and present metre reading, i called the metre guy and he told my they where changing their payment system, they didnt bring bill for june.

The most painful thing now is that: in the bill they brought 2days ago for july consumption which my mom gave to me, the figure has been bloated to the extent that the figure for present metre reading on bill(23832) is higher than the reading on metre(23802) as at when the bill was brought. This is not possible.

I called their benin office again yesterday, they asked me to rewrite another letter.

I know definitly going for a PPM will stop all these, but i no get 50k for that at the moment, my salary sef no reach that amount. NERC should do something cos its painful and fraudulent. Consumers wether prepaid or postpaid should be made to pay strictly for what they consume.
Re: My Experience With Benin Electricity Distribution Company by Lordskyes(m): 1:11am On Jul 14, 2016
Too bad
Re: My Experience With Benin Electricity Distribution Company by Nobody: 1:18am On Jul 14, 2016
Nor mind em, na so dy come dy ask of last recharge #Warri
Re: My Experience With Benin Electricity Distribution Company by blank(f): 9:51am On Jul 14, 2016
If they have been bloating it, how come the difference is just 30 units?
Re: My Experience With Benin Electricity Distribution Company by craves(m): 10:02am On Jul 22, 2016
blank:
If they have been bloating it, how come the difference is just 30 units?

u dont get it.. sometimes when the consumption is 70 they raise it 128, atimes when its 85 they raise it to 150. this has been increasing the currnt reading a bit cumulatively till what it is now. there is no way the present reading of a current bill will be higher than what is on meter

(1) (Reply)

See Big Python Killed Today At Ojo Farm / Musik Box: Justin Bieber - Long Way Home (new Dope Single) / 4 Easy Ways To Remove Toxins From Your Body Naturally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.