Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,688 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Teaching Your Dog Attack To Impress ----------- A Detour - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Teaching Your Dog Attack To Impress ----------- A Detour (3883 Views)

How To Survive A Dog Attack.. / If you think your Dog is big check this out / Training Your Dog Made Easy (adults And Puppies) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teaching Your Dog Attack To Impress ----------- A Detour by TheLoneCitizen(m): 2:10am On Jul 14, 2016
Scroll Down
For the Topic Above

In weeks time, Aunt's dog is scheduled litter and I'll be getting a pup. But I don't know the breed of the dog, for I want to make full-scale research into it.

Can someone help me identify the breed with the picture attached below?

Re: Teaching Your Dog Attack To Impress ----------- A Detour by TheLoneCitizen(m): 2:40am On Jul 14, 2016
A better picture.

Re: Teaching Your Dog Attack To Impress ----------- A Detour by ever811(m): 4:11am On Jul 14, 2016
Dino malaye..
Re: Teaching Your Dog Attack To Impress ----------- A Detour by tomquest: 5:31am On Jul 14, 2016
TheLoneCitizen:
Dog breed.

From all indications, it's Dino:

-a tropical African dog.
-Barks a lot.
-Loves toys, especially motorcars
-thrives better without other female dogs in sight, especially the Tinububu breed.
-can be found in Abuja but can thrive in other locations too

Generally it's a handsome dog but just keep it away from female dogs (bitches).

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teaching Your Dog Attack To Impress ----------- A Detour by lahit14(m): 6:00am On Jul 14, 2016
tomquest:

From all indications, it's Dino:

-a tropical African dog.
-Barks a lot.
-Loves toys, especially motorcars
-thrives better without other female dogs in sight, especially the Tinububu breed.
-can be found in Abuja but can thrive in other locations too

Generally it's a handsome dog but just keep it away from female dogs (bitches).
Hahahahahah, they'r just messin around with u op, its called a yorkshire terrier, origin is england. Hav fun

1 Like

Re: Teaching Your Dog Attack To Impress ----------- A Detour by osomegbe(m): 9:08am On Jul 14, 2016
What is the difference with Lhasa
Re: Teaching Your Dog Attack To Impress ----------- A Detour by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:38am On Jul 14, 2016
ever811:
Dino malaye..
I didn't find any result for such name on Wiki, tomquest.
Re: Teaching Your Dog Attack To Impress ----------- A Detour by tomquest: 10:45am On Jul 14, 2016
TheLoneCitizen:

I didn't find any result for such name on Wiki, tomquest.

Dino is a rare breed, that's why.
Re: Teaching Your Dog Attack To Impress ----------- A Detour by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:48am On Jul 14, 2016
lahit14:

Hahahahahah, they'r just messin around with u op, its called a yorkshire terrier, origin is england. Hav fun

Aren't this two dogs supposed to be the same, both iare Yorkshire terrier on the same wiki page but with different facial characteristics. The first then looks a lot like the Lhasa.

What I'm insinuating is that, my aunt's dog looks like picture 2, please help me with a pure classification, I don't wanna embark on a lost journey, Osomegbe

Re: Teaching Your Dog Attack To Impress ----------- A Detour by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:53am On Jul 14, 2016
tomquest:

Dino is a rare breed, that's why.

Wikipedia is a library of info, at least there suppose to be a confirmation.

Can you help me with a full name, like instead of stating Lhasa, say Lhasa Paso.

That might cause mayhem, cause we have four dogs in mp place of residence, yeah 4 Africanis and three are bitches.
Re: Teaching Your Dog Attack To Impress ----------- A Detour by vincentjk(m): 11:07am On Jul 14, 2016
Chihuahua
Re: Teaching Your Dog Attack To Impress ----------- A Detour by TheLoneCitizen(m): 11:16am On Jul 14, 2016
vincentjk:
Chihuahua
No now.

Re: Teaching Your Dog Attack To Impress ----------- A Detour by TheLoneCitizen(m): 11:17am On Jul 14, 2016
vincentjk:
Chihuahua
No now.

Re: Teaching Your Dog Attack To Impress ----------- A Detour by DogLover24(f): 8:19pm On Jul 14, 2016
vincentjk:
Chihuahua
lol. How na
Re: Teaching Your Dog Attack To Impress ----------- A Detour by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:25pm On Jul 14, 2016
DogLover24:
lol. How na
Do you have an idea?
Re: Teaching Your Dog Attack To Impress ----------- A Detour by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:39pm On Jul 15, 2016
A little diversion, this is Jasper, an over 8 year old free-ranging mongrel. Her last litter was early 2016 which spurt forth 5 pups. She once gave birth to a German Shepherd.

Last two months I some males started flocking around her, but her daughter, Jasper Jr (* See footnote) would discombobulate any canine that ventures into her territory. But one street dog which was scared of humans, but very bold with his fellows succeeded in courting her. The dog was so bent on mating Jasper that he lodged in with her family. At this juncture, the owner decided he would tame it and then put it on the block. But the dog's phobia for humans was so intent that you could never come within 1.5m of it without it jetting off.

* The owner wanted to name her Angel, but I told him not, cause I believe she is used to her moms pseudonym, and considering her mom's age would soon pass on.

Photo 1: Close Up view of Jasper Jr, the daughter, an over 1 year very fast. but too playful mongerel

Photo 2: Overhead view of Jasper Jr, with her young quintuplet siblings, 2 stolen, 1 dead. Simba is the golden, while the brown is Luisa, a result of Jasper's last conception.

Re: Teaching Your Dog Attack To Impress ----------- A Detour by TheLoneCitizen(m): 11:39pm On Jul 15, 2016
So eventually the dog mated Jasper twice(the only ones which I'm aware of) and on this two occasions ejaculated cause they got tied.

Jasper took an instant liking to me days after a last litter, which was barely months after our recollection so they all be excited if they do sight me. They liked me more than the owner and also trusted me, the owner thought it was only food that won a dog over. But I gave them daily doses of caress and we bonded. Luisa was so stuck on me that she would follow me wherever I went and would lay wherever I am no matter how uncomfortable it was for her. She was so attached that a neighbour who bought from Jasper's owner asked me to come buy her.

I suspected Jasper was pregnant when her owner informed me that she a times litter thrice a year. My suspicions grew when even months after her pups stopped breastfeeding, she was still lactating. It became final when recently I was cosseting her when I discovered her breasts where heavy, and when I touched it, it was not sturdy as usual but very flabby, flaccid and watery, then I was 90% sure she was gonna be a mother again.

Tonight I saw her begin a ritual peculiar to expecting mothers, which was going into a secluded area, cleaning it up, then sitting on it till it had a deep. She would only come out to pay some obeisance to me than delve back into the bush. I noticed Simba sniffing her vagina which wasn't strange, but when Jasper Jr and Luisa did it simultaneously, I was certain new lives were approaching soon.

There is a probability that she might litter tonight, but I might be wrong. I see she's uncomfortable with me hanging around, but I'm very excited and will be a spectator for as long as the mosquitoes permit.

Photo 1: Jasper enjoying some cosseting.

Photo 2 & 3: In the confines of the bush.

Photo 4: Awaiting some touching.

Re: Teaching Your Dog Attack To Impress ----------- A Detour by Eveezy(m): 7:10am On Jul 16, 2016
could u explain what u mean by once gave birth to a German shepherd?

1 Like

Re: Teaching Your Dog Attack To Impress ----------- A Detour by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:57am On Jul 16, 2016
Eveezy:
could u explain what u mean by once gave birth to a German shepherd?

I said earlier that she's a free-ranging mongrel but not a street dog. She is the only dog who would walk into a territory of a pack and not back down, except her son Simba, who is still a pup. Jasper Jr, the daughter, would attack any dog that strays into her territory but would not even venture outside. I usually take Jasper and Simba for walks, but since they aren't leached, they stray a lot.

So it is possible, that on one of her strolls she had mated with a pure breed German Shepherd, a crossbred German Shepherd or a mongrel with a gene of a German Shepherd. After she conceived, the pup was so aggressive that everyone even the owner couldn't go close to it, unfortunately, it got hit by a vehicle and was profusely salivating. Since they had no knowledge of a vet and resources weren't enough, they subjected it to euthanasia.
Re: Teaching Your Dog Attack To Impress ----------- A Detour by TheLoneCitizen(m): 11:17am On Jul 16, 2016
Jasper is a very aggressive dog, but her owner claims she has really watered down, you can't blame her in, human age she should be 70years or more.

So I presumed wrong, she didn't litter this morning she was just preparing a comfortable environment for her offspring. On getting outside, I saw her growling at her owners customer (¹ See footnote). On sighting me close to the bush(² See footnote) she changed focus and charged towards me, damn she was growling and coming towards me as fast as her mammary gland and embryos could permit. When I noticed the hostility it was probably too late to scamper so I half screamed "Jasper" only for her to jump and start wagging her tail with her forelimbs on me.

This was the first time I was this relieved and happy to give her a well deserved rub. Now she has started being overly protective.

¹ Her owner's mother runs a shop outside, they are the landlords.

² Our compound houses two structures, we are accommodated in one while the other has been neglected. The owner of that house put it in the hands of a caretaker who hasn't done a thing except roofing. So it has grown wild bushes, and it is here Jasper will whelp.
Re: Teaching Your Dog Attack To Impress ----------- A Detour by Endy10(m): 7:30pm On Jul 16, 2016
TheLoneCitizen:
Jasper is a very aggressive dog, but her owner claims she has really watered down, you can't blame her in, human age she should be 70years or more.

So I presumed wrong, she didn't litter this morning she was just preparing a comfortable environment for her offspring. On getting outside, I saw her growling at her owners customer (¹ See footnote). On sighting me close to the bush(² See footnote) she changed focus and charged towards me, damn she was growling and coming towards me as fast as her mammary gland and embryos could permit. When I noticed the hostility it was probably too late to scamper so I half screamed "Jasper" only for her to jump and start wagging her tail with her forelimbs on me.

This was the first time I was this relieved and happy to give her a well deserved rub. Now she has started being overly protective.

¹ Her owner's mother runs a shop outside, they are the landlords.

² Our compound houses two houses, we are accommodated in one while the other has been neglected. The owner of that house put it in the hands of a caretaker who hasn't done a thing except roofing. So it has grown bushes, and it is here Jasper will whelp.

Don't know why, but I'm kinda hooked to your story. Need updates on Jasper
Re: Teaching Your Dog Attack To Impress ----------- A Detour by TheLoneCitizen(m): 9:35pm On Jul 16, 2016
Endy10:

Don't know why, but I'm kinda hooked to your story. Need updates on Jasper

Thanks a lot, homey, it wasn't meant to be a story per say, but sharing it just make me feel better and surprisingly, privileged.
Re: Teaching Your Dog Attack To Impress ----------- A Detour by jasper7(m): 1:36am On Jul 17, 2016
Interesting story! considering the dog is my namesake...
Re: Teaching Your Dog Attack To Impress ----------- A Detour by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:13am On Jul 17, 2016
jasper7:

Quite fascinating, I'll agree, need I mention she is a very calm mother. When the owner assembles the pack for some meal, Jasper Jr and Luisa will turn boisterous, while Simba, although has been enlightened that being calm is a plus to both females is still not jumpy.

Jasper Jr will do all tricks turning over, playing dead, while Luisa will maintain table manners, sitting, lying and eventually jumping. But Simba and his mam are gentlemen. When the food is served, Jasper wouldn't hassle, with her kids, but if you serve her specifically she maul any fly that plagues her meal.

I usually take this hesitation for weakness, cause her daughter is very active and I assumed she was an alpha over her mom. Till the day I heard loud growling and squealing, only for me to come out and see her pinning Jr, but not attacking, I was so shocked. Then I realized she was a gentle giant.
Re: Teaching Your Dog Attack To Impress ----------- A Detour by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:40pm On Jul 17, 2016
So I went to check out the Lhasa Apso as you guys termed it, for I'm still skeptical. On getting there I saw two puppies from another dog(¹ See footnote) but didn't see any sign of the mother, so I tried winning the puppies before knocking. But no such thing as luck here, cause they were very scared which gave me the impression that the mother was not a brave dog and yeah I wasn't wrong. (² See footnote)

Then I discovered that trying to tame a dog in a strange place, in a strange way and with a strange face was highly suspicious so I got in met my Aunt, found her busy and took an excuse to explore. On getting back outside, I discovered that the Lhasa was there all along but beneath a vehicle. So I presumed that if paranoid puppies were to be wary of me, an older dog shouldn't. Then I tried approaching it with slow, steady and precise steps, when I got within a threatening distance of the dog, it growled, this startled me cause I was expecting a dog not well taking care of to scamper.

I stopped in my tracks then took one step back, then one step forward and it growled again. One step back, one step forward, another growl. Now I was pleased that the dog had some bit of confidence and bravery in it and I knew that she she was a well catered for canine, she might have had more confidence and launch an attack.

¹ Aunt has two dogs, one of which is a mongrel that just littered 3, I think. I didn't bother asking about the rest, for it wasn't my focus.

² Aunt later told me that the mongrel was a really shy and drawn in dog, which reflected in her offspring.
Re: Teaching Your Dog Attack To Impress ----------- A Detour by TheLoneCitizen(m): 11:18pm On Jul 17, 2016
When I decided to take two steps forward for further she screamed. Now yesterday, Jasper's human told me that when Jasper gives birth, he usually hears cries and traces the sound to the puppies. This I doubted, but when this dog screamed instead of bark I was scared at first but impressed. If not my experience with Jasper and her crew I would have bolted at that instant. After this grave warning, the two pups ran to her and she nozzled them, gave a checkup and did some licking, strange action to children not yours. I approached the gate, awaiting Aunt, the dog approached the gate also, made no eye contact with me, which showed I wasn't a threat and if I was, I didn't scare her, then she sank on the plank.(¹ See Footnote)

When Aunt arrived, I asked some questions and I got to learn that the dog was very matured and old)(over 5 years) and has littered more than 5 times. Aunt said she had slowed down recently. From this info I got, I knew that her delivery won't produce topnotch pups cause of her age. Her age and experience might have been the craft of her bravery.

I'm very pleased, realising the dog is protective of her territory even though it is rather wavering. But her environment, training, development and most importantly her size might have gnawed at her confidence. I'm eagerly looking forward to her delivery, and I'm hoping she delivers a female, for her breed, litter of 4 would be considered plenty. Not forgetting Jasper, ha coincidence, this means I will have to introduce my new family to a very aggressive and paranoid mother. Talking of Jasper she has been very solitary lately and her tummy isn't protruded like the Lhasa's. I also noticed a canine digging in front of aunt's compound, this shows imminent arrival, but why in a place so open? Why not in the confines of the compound behind a sturdy gate?

These are questions plaguing my mind as I bask in the euphoria of being a master to a little man.

¹ The house was just recently gated AND still under construction. This solicits the use of a plank as a bridge and also justifies the fact that vehicles where parked outside under which Lhasa napped.

Re: Teaching Your Dog Attack To Impress ----------- A Detour by TheLoneCitizen(m): 9:39am On Jul 18, 2016
So I've been making a lot researches and everything it is heavily emphasised that "this dog is a very strong headed breed and not suitable for first time owners". Also it is stated that the Lhasa is a dog easier to train as a very young pup, but if it has grown it becomes obstinate and wouldn't heed.

This is where the expertise is needed, I thought that dogs should be treated like humans and like our infants should be exclusively breastfeed during their first year. Mothers are advised to give breastmilk only during a child's first year and avoid anything else, even water. So I placed the weaning age at 8 weeks old, but videos I've watched have had the dog as little as 5 weeks( see picture 1) and as little as old as 12 weeks(see picture 2) Information on Lhasa Apsos require the training "walking on leash" as early as 5-9 weeks not to talk of the basics like sit, come, stay, down and so forth. So I need the help of experts to tell me the preferable age to separate the dog without shortening or depriving it of its dose and lactation ration.

I am only able to mention Bobbysaxy, prodeegee, and Lordregalia. And so every doglover on this forum.

Picture 1: A puppy in a training video by Kikopup

Picture 2: Riku, a Shiba Inu puppy in a training video by Zak Dog's Training Revolution.

Re: Teaching Your Dog Attack To Impress ----------- A Detour by jakesalabi(m): 10:18pm On Jul 20, 2016
Hello Jasper,

Please I need to get in touch with you.
Please kindly send me your details jakesalabi@yahoo.com

Many thanks.

jasper7:
Re: Teaching Your Dog Attack To Impress ----------- A Detour by TheLoneCitizen(m): 5:47pm On Aug 09, 2016
I have got another problem, during our daily walks, i discovered that Luisa is extremely scared of dogs. Unlike Simba who isn't scared of any dogs whatsoever. He has taken on four dogs before and one of them was a week old mother.

I take only Simba and Luisa on our walks, both are 5 months, buy due to Luisa's phobia, I walk her on a leash. If Simba should wander during our walks, Luisa will became extremely nervous, very reluctant to proceed and alert. If I should free her from the leash, she would go far ahead of me, but will be the first to cower and run back when a foreign dog appears.

I have tried calming her, even squatting in between her and the foreign dog, but it's been two weeks now and she's getting worse, I need solutions please.
Re: Teaching Your Dog Attack To Impress ----------- A Detour by TheLoneCitizen(m): 12:15pm On Aug 22, 2016
So Jasper seems to be carrying a false pregnancy, or has aborted. But the Lhasa whelped 7 pups, 1 has died and they are are 29 days old today. I plan on getting them at 8 weeks.

Approaching them, they were all cuddled together and vibrating, why? They were growling at me, it seems there's only one male among the litter. Their mother is 5 years old and very aggressive.

Re: Teaching Your Dog Attack To Impress ----------- A Detour by TheLoneCitizen(m): 2:51pm On Aug 22, 2016
Please how much h does it take to deworm a puppy via injections ?

Alternatively, how much are deworming drugs?
Re: Teaching Your Dog Attack To Impress ----------- A Detour by TheLoneCitizen(m): 4:17pm On Sep 30, 2016
Every Nigerian who has a dog, would love to see his dog chase a goat, pursue a doubting friend or in dire conditions scare an intruder on his/her command. We live in a country where a household and it's incumbent will eagerly encourage their dog to "catch" your pet (and you) when you're out on a walk, a practice highly shunned by Westerners, a offence which can warrant an arrest. Why else do we fence and gate our shacks? In the western world they live in houses with open lawns, accessible balconies and friendly walkways.

There is only one way on the internet to teach a dog to attack (though armed forces might have various) and that is through emotions, I dubbed it the "Arm Rage". In this method you infuriate your dog by constantly pestering the dog by hitting it on the head with your arm. This method is very dicey and requires patience, for it works best with highly aggressive and very restricted dogs, why? No dog showered with love would ponder biting its owner, even though it seems to be the last resort.

The method I discovered requires positive emotions, protectiveness and curiosity, all which a canine possesses, making it fun, easier and less fatal. The focal object of this lesson is a domestic animal, not a mother. A hen, a goat or eatable domestic you could control or tame.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Inside A Dog Meat Factory: Shocking Photos Reveal How Dogs Are Chained Up(pics) / Help My Rottie Isn't Coming On Heat. / A Diary Of My Visit To My Uncle's House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.