Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,112 members, 7,828,965 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon, Both 2010 Models - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon, Both 2010 Models (3893 Views)

Clean White Tokunbo 2009 Toyota AVALON (THUMBSTART)... Asking Price: ₦3,650,000 / Sparkling Tokunbo 2003 Toyota Avalon....price: N1.8m / Toyota Avalon 2007 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon, Both 2010 Models by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 14, 2016
Guys, I've been looking into getting my first car. I'm not new to driving, I've been licensed to drive for 10 years, and I've been driving my dad's 2001 Camry.

So...I'm looking at a choice between the 2010 model years, of the Toyota Camry V6, and the Toyota Avalon. I'm aware the Avalon is V6 only anyway. I'm not interested in the 4 cylinder version of the Camry.

I've not driven an Avalon, but I've been a passenger in a friend's, and it feels kind of more up-market than the Camry, of the same year.

What would you guys recommend? What do these typically go for, price wise? I would love to hear from users of these cars, based upon real life experiences in Nigeria.

Thank you, all. smiley
Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon, Both 2010 Models by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 14, 2016
I may have posted this in the wrong section, it looks like this would be better off in the Car Talk section.

Please, could a Moderator move this thread, if it doesn't fit in here? Thank You. smiley
Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon, Both 2010 Models by AKMoney1(m): 10:56am On Jul 14, 2016
Avalon cars are sweet, roomy and more luxurious compare to Camry. Go for Avalon ma'am .
Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon, Both 2010 Models by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 14, 2016
AKMoney1:
Avalon cars are sweet, roomy and more luxurious compare to Camry. Go for Avalon ma'am .

Thank you.

The Avalon doesn't look a great deal larger than the Camry, though I suppose that's just an illusion? It's definitely got an aura of more cabin space.
Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon, Both 2010 Models by kingreign(m): 11:16am On Jul 14, 2016
MaryPrentiss:

Thank you.

The Avalon doesn't look a great deal larger than the Camry, though I suppose that's just an illusion? It's definitely got an aura of more cabin space.
Avalon's years to years are marketed as full sized sedans, Camry on the other hand are mid sized sedans.
Cabin and cargo volume consideration, the Avalon has got it more than a Camry,
Overall dimension, the Avalon is bigger than the Camry.
I belong to the school of thought which asserts that Toyota made a mistake calling Avalon a Toyota. Its actually more closely related to the Lexus ES350.

This brings me to suggest you take a look at the Lexus es350; One sweet luxurious ride which is also based on both the Avalon and Camry.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon, Both 2010 Models by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 14, 2016
The Lexus IS actually quite nice.
Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon, Both 2010 Models by princetom1(m): 11:34am On Jul 14, 2016
Siena:
kingreign:

Avalon's years to years are marketed as full sized sedans, Camry on the other hand are mid sized sedans.
I belong to the school of thought which asserts that Toyota made a mistake calling Avalon a Toyota. Its actually more closely related to the Lexus ES350.
This brings me to suggest you take a look at the Lexus es350; One sweet luxurious ride which is also based on both the Avalon and Camry.

Oga siena, em, u enter madam spirit one time, where is the third muskateer GAZZUZZ

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon, Both 2010 Models by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 14, 2016
kingreign:

kingreign:

Thank you. smiley

I have considered the Lexus ES350. I love it, I'm just being realistic in terms of purchase costs. For the same year, the equivalent Toyota may be cheaper.

I'm not closed to the idea of the Lexus, though. smiley

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon, Both 2010 Models by princetom1(m): 11:34am On Jul 14, 2016
Siena:
kingreign:

Oga siena, em, u enter madam spirit one time, where is the third muskateer GAZZUZZ grin

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon, Both 2010 Models by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 14, 2016
babe, how far? lets be friends pls. y not go 4 d avalon, it wil rili soot u.
Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon, Both 2010 Models by Stancity(m): 11:51am On Jul 14, 2016
kingreign:

2 Bottles of Zero non Alcoholic ORIJIN for you chief... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon, Both 2010 Models by princetom1(m): 2:44pm On Jul 14, 2016
Stancity:
2 Bottles of Zero Alcohol ORIJIN for you chief... grin grin

Chai, its Zero non alcoholic

Make it 3 bottles. grin
Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon, Both 2010 Models by Stancity(m): 3:20pm On Jul 14, 2016
princetom1:

Chai, its Zero non alcoholic

Make it 3 bottles. grin
Non problem bro...

here you go.. enjoy wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon, Both 2010 Models by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 15, 2016
mary, whats up? hw r u doing?
Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon, Both 2010 Models by fullblast(m): 5:22pm On Jul 15, 2016
Avalon is preferable 'cos of it's conservative exterior but lexus-calibre and very comfortable interior. I'm planning to own d 2011 limited edition.
Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon, Both 2010 Models by classichsy(m): 10:24am On Jul 18, 2016
MaryPrentiss:
Guys, I've been looking into getting my first car. I'm not new to driving, I've been licensed to drive for 10 years, and I've been driving my dad's 2001 Camry.

So...I'm looking at a choice between the 2010 model years, of the Toyota Camry V6, and the Toyota Avalon. I'm aware the Avalon is V6 only anyway. I'm not interested in the 4 cylinder version of the Camry.

I've not driven an Avalon, but I've been a passenger in a friend's, and it feels kind of more up-market than the Camry, of the same year.

What would you guys recommend? What do these typically go for, price wise? I would love to hear from users of these cars, based upon real life experiences in Nigeria.

Thank you, all. smiley

The Avalon is better compare to the camry.
You can be lucky to get it at the same price...
Lexus ES350 tops them all.
Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon, Both 2010 Models by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 18, 2016
MaryPrentiss:

Thank you. smiley

I have considered the Lexus ES350. I love it, I'm just being realistic in terms of purchase costs. For the same year, the equivalent Toyota may be cheaper.

I'm not closed to the idea of the Lexus, though. smiley

hi mary how fa nau
Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon, Both 2010 Models by aoshi: 1:40pm On Jul 18, 2016
The Avalon beats the Camry but that's just my opinion. I think you should consider maintenance, reliability too. I dont know but me think the Camry wins in this aspect.
Again, just my opinion.

(1) (Reply)

Honda Baby Boy Going For 500k / Slightly used Crispy And Clean Black Toyota Corolla Sports for sale @4.2 millio / 1997 Honda Accord Bulldog ( Special Edition )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.