Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Help!! A Friend Wants To Get Married To Someone Who Tested +ve To Hepatitis B - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help!! A Friend Wants To Get Married To Someone Who Tested +ve To Hepatitis B (807 Views)

All You Need To Know About The Deadly Hepatitis B Virus! / Vaginal Ring That Prevents HIV To Be Tested In Africa After Trials In America / Unbelievable! The Number Of People Who Tested Positive To HIV This Year In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!! A Friend Wants To Get Married To Someone Who Tested +ve To Hepatitis B by nwapastor: 1:21pm On Jul 14, 2016
Is it advisable to go ahead to marry someone who tested positive to hepatitis B especially when you have not had any sexual contact with such a person? My friend wants to do that and I think its not proper. How right am I?
Re: Help!! A Friend Wants To Get Married To Someone Who Tested +ve To Hepatitis B by ThrillmeatRep(f): 1:27pm On Jul 14, 2016
Let ur frnd get vaccinated for hepatitis B
Re: Help!! A Friend Wants To Get Married To Someone Who Tested +ve To Hepatitis B by newsphase(m): 1:37pm On Jul 14, 2016
Hepatitis B (HBV) is 50 to 100 times easier to transmit sexually than HIV ( the virus that causes AIDS). HBV has been found in vaginal secretions, saliva, and semen. MouthAction and especially anal sex, whether it occurs in a heterosexual or homosexual context, are possible ways of transmitting the virus.

You cannot get hepatitis B from the air, hugging, touching, sneezing, coughing, toilet seats or doorknobs. You cannot get hepatitis B from eating or drinking with someone who is infected nor from eating food prepared by someone who has hepatitis B............

How can I tell if I am protected against hepatitis B? If someone has received the hepatitis B vaccine, then a simple blood test can tell whether they are protected If they have responded to the vaccine series, the blood test will show a positive result for the hepatitis B surface antibody (HBsAb+). It is recommended that all health care workers and household members or sexual partners of an infected individual have their antibody levels tested one month after completing the vaccine series.

How soon will I be protected once I start the vaccine series? After the 1st dose of HBV vaccine, there can be up to 50% protection. After the 2nd dose of HBV vaccine, there can be up to 80% protection. It is very important to receive the third shot to ensure 100%, long-term protection. If possible, ask your doctor to check your antibody level one month after completing the vaccine series.

How can I protect myself until the vaccine series is complete?
For those people who are in close household contact with or are sexual partners of infected individuals, it is important to use precautions
until the vaccination series is complete, and the antibody level blood test shows positive protection (HBsAb+). For example, it is important to not share toothbrushes, razors, or nail equipment. In addition, following safe sex practices is important since HBV can be transmitted sexually.

Does the vaccine work for everyone? Approximately 5% of people do not develop antibodies after the completion of the hepatitis B vaccine series. If a blood test is given four weeks following the completion of the series and the test shows no response to the vaccine, the general
recommendation is to complete the series again. A person is considered to be a "non- responder" if they have completed two full vaccination series without producing protective antibodies. A non-responder should ask their doctor for a blood test to rule out the possi-
bility that they are already infected with hepatitis B.

You can go ahead and marry him once you are vaccinated and once you confirm you are protected...

Stay healthy Stay Wise

(1) (Reply)

Activated Charcoal Is Available @lesser Price. Call 08068008539 / Hiv Kills In One Year / Eididymitis Home Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.