Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,957 members, 7,835,195 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Where Do Music Melodies Come From ??? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Where Do Music Melodies Come From ??? (380 Views)

An Interview With Amaka Azie, Author Of Melodies Of Love / Where I Come From By Emebo Tony [must Read] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where Do Music Melodies Come From ??? by macquis(m): 2:29pm On Jul 14, 2016
There’s been a whole lot of theories tackling the mysterious origin of music melodies, that is, where music melodies come from and how they get impressed on the mind of the musician/composer.

I had an experience as to this regard and am moved to share my experience with the world. I wont make lousy claims that my experience delivers a final blow to the question. Afterall music is multifaceted, revealing itself to its mediums in different ways. Every individual endowed with its gift professess to have had experiences unique to their being and dissimilar to that of other musicians.

At about 4:20am the serenity of my room is compromised as my phone rings out, I’m stired up from my sweet slumber. I had been in dream-state, unaware of my material self and surrounding, for my sense organs had taken a break. But while my material existence was temporarily shut down, my immaterial self from its slumber was aroused like the animalistic part of the human brain on a full moon night.

Once again my soul as done every night had sailed to the real world as Plato would call it, where ideas exist abstractly, awaiting a 22 to help give these ethereal ideas a material composition.

Time went by.

As my soul was about exiting the borders of noumena in a bid to return to its shell following the unpleasant disruption of its other half’s rest, something mystical wins my attention over. I heard a tune being played. There I stood utterly transfixed with shock and delight, quietly regarding how beautifully woven the melody before me was.

The impression this musical encounter had on my psyche was so fierce that even after my departure from dream-state to the realm of material consciousness I still could perceive the said melody reverberating through the walls of my mind.

For fear of losing this precious piece, rather than returning to sleep I reach out for my smartphone. After which I straight-away launch the voice recording app already installed in the phone. Singing out the tune as best as i could recollect. There and then I record the melody I had earlier encountered and received in dream-state, thinking that when the morning fully matured I would unfailingly weave lyrics good enough to give soul to this mysterious melody.

Source:
https://blarckbillboard./2016/06/26/where-do-music-melodies-come-from/

(1) (Reply)

Turbulence Of Feelings / Book: Canvas Of Reality By Prosper Akande / Spiritual Realm: Poem By Frank Uche Aka Attitude

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.