Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

CONFIRMED: Pharm. D Degree Approved In Nigeria By NUC-PSN President - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / CONFIRMED: Pharm. D Degree Approved In Nigeria By NUC-PSN President (3882 Views)

Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada / Advice:how Can I Become A Pharmacist In Nigeria Without B.pharm / Practicing Pharmacy In Canada Starting With From A Nigerian B.pharm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CONFIRMED: Pharm. D Degree Approved In Nigeria By NUC-PSN President by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 15, 2016
I must seize this discourse to express my profound gratitude to God who makes good things possible. To His glory I can confirm to you that the Pharm D programme is now approved by the NUC. Recall that this programme had been canvassed since 1999 when the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of PSN approved it in Enugu.
Incidentally, the immediate Past President and National Executive Committee (NEC) who worked assiduously on the Pharm D concept had struck an agreement to have a Pharm D stakeholder’s workshop on November 23, 2015. It turned out this was my first official duty to coordinate as President of PSN.
Now that this is approved, I enjoin all the faculties of pharmacy to brace up for this challenge in the collective bid to improve our service to consumers of health.
Permit me to specially acknowledge the role of the Pharmacy Council of Nigeria (PCN) Registrar and the members of the immediate past PCN who genuinely supported our aspiration in this regard. Finally, I convey our kudos to Prof. Julius Okojie, the Executive Secretary and Management of NUC for deeming it fit to give this most important approval.
http://www.swankpharm.com/2016/07/15/confirmed-pharmd-approved-nigeria/

1 Like

Re: CONFIRMED: Pharm. D Degree Approved In Nigeria By NUC-PSN President by fav444(f): 10:33pm On Jul 15, 2016
op pls educate me. what exactly is Pharm D. What is it all about?
Re: CONFIRMED: Pharm. D Degree Approved In Nigeria By NUC-PSN President by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jul 15, 2016
fav444:
op pls educate me. what exactly is Pharm D. What is it all about?
The pharm.D degree is more clinically oriented than the B.pharm degree preparing pharmacist to assume greater responsibility in patient care and assure the provision of rational drug therapy.
The Pharm.D. curriculum is designed to produce a scientifically and technically competent pharmacist who can apply his knowledge and skills in such a manner as to provide maximum health care services to patients. Students are provided with the opportunity to gain greater experience in patient close cooperative relationships with other health practitioners.
The professional pharmacy curriculum is designed to produce pharmacists who have the abilities and skills that are necessary to achieve outcomes related to:
×Providing pharmaceutical care to patients
×Developing and managing medication distribution and control systems
×Managing the pharmacy
×Promoting public health
×Providing drug information and education
You can check google for more information. The battle for the implementation of the programme has been on for more than a decade now but has finally been given approval by the NUC this week. The programme is already on in the university of Jos and Benin.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CONFIRMED: Pharm. D Degree Approved In Nigeria By NUC-PSN President by fav444(f): 6:08am On Jul 16, 2016
DABMarkNig2019:

The pharm.D degree is more clinically oriented than the B.pharm degree preparing pharmacist to assume greater responsibility in patient care and assure the provision of rational drug therapy.
The Pharm.D. curriculum is designed to produce a scientifically and technically competent pharmacist who can apply his knowledge and skills in such a manner as to provide maximum health care services to patients. Students are provided with the opportunity to gain greater experience in patient close cooperative relationships with other health practitioners.
The professional pharmacy curriculum is designed to produce pharmacists who have the abilities and skills that are necessary to achieve outcomes related to:
×Providing pharmaceutical care to patients
×Developing and managing medication distribution and control systems
×Managing the pharmacy
×Promoting public health
×Providing drug information and education
You can check google for more information. The battle for the implementation of the programme has been on for more than a decade now but has finally been given approval by the NUC this week. The programme is already on in the university of Jos and Benin.

thanks @ op.
congrats too.
Re: CONFIRMED: Pharm. D Degree Approved In Nigeria By NUC-PSN President by Period007(m): 8:19am On Jul 16, 2016
This is a welcome development
Re: CONFIRMED: Pharm. D Degree Approved In Nigeria By NUC-PSN President by croSStodds(m): 2:38pm On Jul 16, 2016
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed O ye NMA chumps.. I need you to start Crying Foul. it's a Nice development, I must admit. Kunlexic Bukkiminat Sisiafrika Ajpharm adeoladrg samgreuc Sogodinho Oliviariims Evanscheck And other Pharma in The House. NUC has ultimately woken up from its Slumber.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: CONFIRMED: Pharm. D Degree Approved In Nigeria By NUC-PSN President by Bukkiminat(f): 2:50pm On Jul 16, 2016
Lalasticlala

Front page material

1 Like

Re: CONFIRMED: Pharm. D Degree Approved In Nigeria By NUC-PSN President by Kunlexic(m): 11:14pm On Jul 17, 2016
croSStodds:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed O ye NMA chumps.. I need you to start Crying Foul. it's a Nice development, I must admit. Kunlexic Bukkiminat Sisiafrika Ajpharm adeoladrg samgreuc Sogodinho Oliviariims Evanscheck And other Pharma in The House. NUC has ultimately woken up from its Slumber.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
As men of honours,we join hands!

(1) (Reply)

Is There Any Career/job That Is Not Monotonous??????? / Builders / Developers ( Building, Roads, Drainages, Dams, Etc) / A Thread For Participants Interested In Learning It Courses & Career Placements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.