Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

What Is Your Definition Of Success? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Is Your Definition Of Success? (694 Views)

The Definition Of A True Woman / The Definition Of Hunger. / An Architect's Definition Of LOVE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Definition Of Success? by Gsmart14(m): 1:18am On Jul 16, 2016
A few weeks ago I was conversing with a friend whom I hadn’t seen for three years.
After the usual, ‘long time no see’ and ‘how have you been?’ salutations,
he asked me a question – ‘What does success mean to you?’ I was silent for a while and he added, ‘What’s your life target?’
I was dumbfounded by the gravity of the question and couldn’t answer. All through my journey back to school I kept pondering on it – what does success mean to me personally?
I didn’t get to the bottom of it until recently. I now understand what my friend was asking me to do.
He wanted me to have a definition for success.

But what is this success?

When you Look around see many successful men and women. They are people who have excelled in their fields.
So it is fair to say you know what success is. Well, no! It isn’t!
In as much as everyone strive to succeed, you’d never succeed if you don’t have a personal definition.
Success therefore is what you as a person have decided to do. A target you set for yourself.
It is not necessarily owning a multi-million dollar company, it’s not wearing the latest and most expensive clothes or it isn’t even riding the best ride.
Success is much more than what you see in successful people it’s a function of your decision – you decide what success is to you.
It is reaching the goals you’ve set. It is hitting your target.
Only when you’ve scaled the heights of your set benchmarks or your yardsticks for measuring success would you be in line to succeed.

Success Definition

Now that you know what success really is – what is your definition? It could be as minute as eating a nice meal and as big as building a multi-million dollar company from scratch.
The only thing that matters is to set your own definition of success.

Now what?

Write down what you want to achieve and let it be your guide as you journey towards success.
It is simple – be the one who decides what success is to you and not following some people’s Standards.
If you change your benchmark for success and you’d find joy and fulfillment in what you have.
Simply put – Change your yardsticks for measuring success and you’d be happier
Remember it’s never fair to compare!
Now am asking you the same question – what does success mean to you? What’s your success definition?
Let me hear your views via the comments section below.

This Post first appeared on Amoson Writes Blog. You can find the original post via: https://amosonwrites./2016/07/13/success-definition/

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Definition Of Success? by Raydos: 1:20am On Jul 16, 2016
Re: What Is Your Definition Of Success? by uprightman(m): 1:25am On Jul 16, 2016
Gsmart14:
A few weeks ago I was conversing with a friend whom I hadn’t seen for three years.
After the usual, ‘long time no see’ and ‘how have you been?’ salutations,
he asked me a question – ‘What does success mean to you?’ I was silent for a while and he added, ‘What’s your life target?’
I was dumbfounded by the gravity of the question and couldn’t answer. All through my journey back to school I kept pondering on it – what does success mean to me personally?
I didn’t get to the bottom of it until recently. I now understand what my friend was asking me to do.
He wanted me to have a definition for success.

But what is this success?

When you Look around see many successful men and women. They are people who have excelled in their fields.
So it is fair to say you know what success is. Well, no! It isn’t!
In as much as everyone strive to succeed, you’d never succeed if you don’t have a personal definition.
Success therefore is what you as a person have decided to do. A target you set for yourself.
It is not necessarily owning a multi-million dollar company, it’s not wearing the latest and most expensive clothes or it isn’t even riding the best ride.
Success is much more than what you see in successful people it’s a function of your decision – you decide what success is to you.
It is reaching the goals you’ve set. It is hitting your target.
Only when you’ve scaled the heights of your set benchmarks or your yardsticks for measuring success would you be in line to succeed.

Success Definition

Now that you know what success really is – what is your definition? It could be as minute as eating a nice meal and as big as building a multi-million dollar company from scratch.
The only thing that matters is to set your own definition of success.

Now what?

Write down what you want to achieve and let it be your guide as you journey towards success.
It is simple – be the one who decides what success is to you and not following some people’s Standards.
If you change your benchmark for success and you’d find joy and fulfillment in what you have.
Simply put – Change your yardsticks for measuring success and you’d be happier
Remember it’s never fair to compare!
Now am asking you the same question – what does success mean to you? What’s your success definition?
Let me hear your views via the comments section below.

This Post first appeared on Amoson Writes Blog. You can find the original post via: https://amosonwrites./2016/07/13/success-definition/
My friend is successful. http://www.uhuakpu.com/2016/07/cristiano-ronaldo-buy-new-bugatti.html#.V4l7wRSnHgI
Re: What Is Your Definition Of Success? by KoyZ(m): 4:34am On Jul 17, 2016
Have you thought of this?
Success is not only measured by our capacity to make alot of money from our endeavours or our strenght to make ventures and secure properties. But the real definition of success is the impact we make in people's life. This will leave an indelible us in the lives of such people. Hence, we cannot be easily forgotten. That is success.

(1) (Reply)

A New Dawn / The Uniben Horror / Cups Of Coffee With Four

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.