Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,072 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger State Says ‘friday Belong To Us' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger State Says ‘friday Belong To Us' (1025 Views)

Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) / Catholic Church Baki Iku Destroyed By Muslim Youths For Worshipping On Friday / Muslim Youths Destroy Catholic Church In Baki Iku, Near Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger State Says ‘friday Belong To Us' by MRLINGTON(m): 8:58am On Jul 16, 2016
A group of Muslim youths, on Friday attacked St. Philip’s Catholic Parish, Baki Iku, very close to Zuma Rock in Niger State.

According to eyewitnesses, some Catholics, who had gone to the church to pray were attacked by the Muslims on the claim that Friday was their day of prayer and that the Church only had right to worship on Sundays.

Information gathered from eyewitnesses showed that they destroyed the Church properties, including doors and windows.

“Although some soldiers managed to get there but a lot of harm had been done to the building, while the Christians ran away in different directions to avoid being killed”, the source hinted.

It should be recalled that Alhaji Kabiru Sokoto had on Christmas day four years ago (December 25, 2011) detonated a bomb that killed over 200 Catholics and passersby at St. Theresa Catholic Church, Madalla, close to St. Philips that was destroyed.

Rev Fr. Luka Sylvester Gopep, the Vicar-General of the Diocese confirmed the incident.

He said, “Sometime around 2pm, some Muslim youths in their hundreds left their Mosque after their Friday Jumat prayer and rushed to the Church premises, climbed the wall and destroyed everything in the Church: the windows, the alter, musical instruments, the chapel.

“The security man in the church premises was beaten to pulp. Some women who were holding a prayer meeting were chased away. The seminarian who is resident in the premises was also beaten up and chased away.”

Just last week, Mrs Eunice Olawale Elisha, a mobile preacher of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) was killed by some fanatical Muslims in Kubwa, FCT.

Lalasticlala over to you
Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger State Says ‘friday Belong To Us' by madridguy(m): 8:58am On Jul 16, 2016
Attack on Catholic church is attack against humanity. I still don't know why right thinking group of people will attack catholic church. This is the only church that don't discriminate before giving out their services to the society. From their hospitals, to school, and other social amenities. They gave you this without asking you are you a Muslim or Christian.

I wish I am buoyant enough to single handed fixed the church.

I will be forever be grateful to the Catholic mission for what they did in my life.

Back to the Almajiri hoodlums, you people are not representing ISLAM/MUSLIM. You are bunch of illiterates who doesn't understand the teaching of Islam. Islam means Peace.
I blame hausa elites for this.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger State Says ‘friday Belong To Us' by Raydos: 8:59am On Jul 16, 2016
Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger State Says ‘friday Belong To Us' by UndisputedBosom(m): 8:59am On Jul 16, 2016
And they say they're not violent....

The guy above me sef... {President Bookers Club of Nairaland} grin
Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger State Says ‘friday Belong To Us' by fingard02k(m): 9:00am On Jul 16, 2016
Buhari Kinsmen

1 Like

Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger State Says ‘friday Belong To Us' by experimentist: 9:10am On Jul 16, 2016
angry

Everyday na pay day, i dey hustle hard F what they say... On this hustle street we've been holding it down tey-tey.. My flows bang up, from Obalende to Aj... They feeling me in Yankee if na lie ask KJ... I dribble rappers like Jay-jay... I'm skillful I rock a thousand mics daily... I be lion, you be ant, mess up and get beaten half-death till you shitt in your pants..
Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger State Says ‘friday Belong To Us' by tempest01(m): 9:10am On Jul 16, 2016
What kind of savages are these? What are they being told in the mosque that will make them comming when coming out?

Coming out of a religious place, your heart should be filled with love, not hate.

We need undercover agents in mosques were these kind of things happen. It is not only when the Shiites cause trouble that our security agents should respond. I terest my case.
Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger State Says ‘friday Belong To Us' by kio052001(m): 9:10am On Jul 16, 2016
Islam they claim to be pieces peace

oooo!
now I understand what they actually meant by that peace they're talking about

those who aren't Muslim will never know peace

so to have peace u mist be a Muslim

many are mad o,
only a few is roaming
Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger State Says ‘friday Belong To Us' by royallord1(m): 9:11am On Jul 16, 2016
AND SO IT BEGINS
Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger State Says ‘friday Belong To Us' by mu2sa2: 9:22am On Jul 16, 2016
Say hoodlums attacked a church and did whatever they have done. But you won't because it is now a pastime to blame everything on muslim/islam.
Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger State Says ‘friday Belong To Us' by hopeforcharles(m): 9:24am On Jul 16, 2016
Me insist eye for an eye. Let their violence be met with violence so that they know they alone dont have the monopoly, Christains have been take for slowpokes for long.
If i have the resources i swear i will organise a sqaud and fight these imbeciles and their so call Peace Religion

1 Like

Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger State Says ‘friday Belong To Us' by hopeforcharles(m): 9:29am On Jul 16, 2016
mu2sa2:
Say hoodlums attacked a church and did whatever they have done. But you won't because it is now a pastime to blame everything on muslim/islam.
You know as well as i know that u just posted trash, its not a past time every time you Islam guys maim kill you guys divert the blame to hoodlums. Who is deceiving who? PEACE indeed

1 Like

Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger State Says ‘friday Belong To Us' by tonio2wo: 9:35am On Jul 16, 2016
Islamisation small small!

Somebody(an elite) told them to do that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger State Says ‘friday Belong To Us' by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 16, 2016
madridguy:
Attack on Catholic church is attack against humanity. I still don't know why right thinking group of people will attack catholic church. This is the only church that don't discriminate before giving out their services to the society. From their hospitals, to school, and other social amenities. They gave you this without asking you are you a Muslim or Christian.

I will be forever be grateful to the Catholic mission for what they did in my life.

Back to the Almajiri hoodlums, you people are not representing ISLAM/MUSLIM. You are bunch of illiterates who doesn't understand the teaching of Islam. Islam means Peace.
stop all dis foolish talk , islam is not peace and can never be peace. You people are so blind to see d truth dat islam is demonic force from d pit of hell
Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger State Says ‘friday Belong To Us' by bentlywills(m): 9:46am On Jul 16, 2016
Islam is turning out to be the worst religion in the world if dz misguided elements are not controlled by there elites

Very soon the will see that which the re looking for...
Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger State Says ‘friday Belong To Us' by mu2sa2: 9:47am On Jul 16, 2016
hopeforcharles:

You know as well as i know that u just posted trash, its not a past time every time you Islam guys maim kill you guys divert the blame to hoodlums. Who is deceiving who? PEACE indeed
Say as well that all the killers, armed robbers, kidnappers, cultists, ritualists, "anointed men" sleeping with other people wives and daughters are muslims to complete the cycle of absurdity.
Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger State Says ‘friday Belong To Us' by hopeforcharles(m): 9:58am On Jul 16, 2016
mu2sa2:
Say as well that all the killers, armed robbers, kidnappers, cultists, ritualists, "anointed men" sleeping with other people wives and daughters are muslims to complete the cycle of absurdity.
there is a great difference between these groups and your Islam guys, Now tell me if these groups are not in islam too. I have lived in north so all these happens and are happening there.
Now when have u seen Christains move in group to fight other Religions where? Keep try to show the word your True colors.
I still Insist violence to violence so that they know no one is a connoisseur.
Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger State Says ‘friday Belong To Us' by Denko2721987(m): 10:06am On Jul 16, 2016
the violent boldness these unreasonable radical sub-humans have assumed ever since buhari took office is astonishing,, whats the connection?
Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger State Says ‘friday Belong To Us' by madridguy(m): 10:20am On Jul 16, 2016
Islam means PEACE.

Climaths:
stop all dis foolish talk , islam is not peace and can never be peace. You people are so blind to see d truth dat islam is demonic force from d pit of hell
Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger State Says ‘friday Belong To Us' by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 16, 2016
madridguy:
Islam means PEACE.
islams means death and wickednesss from d pit of hell.
Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger State Says ‘friday Belong To Us' by mu2sa2: 10:40am On Jul 16, 2016
hopeforcharles:

there is a great difference between these groups and your Islam guys, Now tell me if these groups are not in islam too. I have lived in north so all these happens and are happening there.
Now when have u seen Christains move in group to fight other Religions where? Keep try to show the word your True colors.
I still Insist violence to violence so that they know no one is a connoisseur.
Mr man stop deceiving yourself. You won't post this trash if you're sincere with yourself. Neither Islam nor Christianity condone the killing of innocent people even though we see people who claim to adhere to these faiths commit such atrocities. In kaduna in the madness that engulfed the city in the 1980/90s gangs of youths roamed about killing Muslims and Christians, depending on the affiliation of the members of the gang. In central African republic to this day innocent poor folks are being hunted and butchered by Christian anti- balaka gangs holding matchetes on one hand and bible on the other, just because they're muslims.
Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger State Says ‘friday Belong To Us' by hopeforcharles(m): 11:02am On Jul 16, 2016
mu2sa2:
Mr man stop deceiving yourself. You won't post this trash if you're sincere with yourself. Neither Islam nor Christianity condone the killing of innocent people even though we see people who claim to adhere to these faiths commit such atrocities. In kaduna in the madness that engulfed the city in the 1980/90s gangs of youths roamed about killing Muslims and Christians, depending on the affiliation of the members of the gang. In central African republic to this day innocent poor folks are being hunted and butchered by Christian anti- balaka gangs holding matchetes on one hand and bible on the other, just because they're muslims.
You are acting like the proverbial ostrich that hide it's head in the sand , it seems you are quoting central Africa just to appear cool, Have u really reasoned throughout the world anywhere there is Islam there is always wars, death, terrorism and what have u,
Why is that not same with other Christian countries, just imagine what happened in France, Gawd I believe soonest France will start banning them, I believe what happened in Central Africa was the Christians have been taken for a ride for so long that they rose up to retaliate, and soon we are getting there in Nigeria, quote me anytime
They Muslims should not start cry marginalisation when what they show they start reaping.
Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger State Says ‘friday Belong To Us' by terrezo2002(m): 11:38am On Jul 16, 2016
Hmmm. The blood ducking demons are at it again. This time it is not someone trying to disturb their sleep or prayers but because Friday belongs to them and therefore everyone should go to mosque or stay at home.
Only God knows what will make them attack next time.
Well I have an assurance that their cup will be full soon
Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger State Says ‘friday Belong To Us' by terrezo2002(m): 11:53am On Jul 16, 2016
madridguy:

your brothers did wrong in attacking Catholics because of those things you have enjoyed from them. The others kafir christians should be the ones to suffer because they have contributed nothing to you. I am so sure you Muslims have never faced your killer brothers to stop killing christians. All what you Muslims do is to say the normal slang...islam is peace. What a shameless religion

Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger State Says ‘friday Belong To Us' by orunto27: 12:46pm On Jul 16, 2016
So this bokoharam is everywhere, making different excuses to kill Christians.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Comedy In Church Right Or Wrong / 40th Annual International Convention Of The Church T.A.C. / Mysterious Tortoise, Should I Kill It Or Let It Go.. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.