Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,184 members, 7,829,249 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger . Casualties Recorded - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger . Casualties Recorded (671 Views)

Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) / Catholic Church Baki Iku Destroyed By Muslim Youths For Worshipping On Friday / Muslim Youths Destroy Catholic Church In Baki Iku, Near Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger . Casualties Recorded by kissval1388: 9:59am On Jul 16, 2016
– Muslim youths reportedly carried out said
act after the Jumat prayer
– Sources say the church’s security man was
beaten to a pulp
– Attack comes barely one week after
Redeemed pastor’s wife lost her life in
gruesome murder
Some youths were said to have attacked a
Catholic church in Niger state on Friday, with
the excuse that ‘Friday belongs to them’.
According to Daily Post, the youths laid siege
on St. Philip’s Catholic Parish, Baki Iku, not so
far from Zuma Rock in the state, and
eyewitnesses reported that the Catholics had
gone to church for prayers when the incident
occurred.
It was gathered that the Muslims laid claim on
Friday as their day of worship, noting that the
Christians were only allowed to worship on
Sundays after which they (Muslims) destroyed
the church’s properties.
A source disclosed that, “although some
soldiers managed to get there but a lot of harm
had been done to the building, while the
Christians ran away in different directions to
avoid being killed.”
The Vicar-General of the diocese, Rev (Fr) Luka
Sylvester Gopep, also confirmed the incident,
saying: “Sometime around 2pm, some Muslim
youths in their hundreds left their Mosque after
their Friday Jumat prayer and rushed to the
Church premises, climbed the wall and
destroyed everything in the Church: the
windows, the alter, musical instruments, the
chapel.
“The security man in the church premises was
beaten to pulp. Some women who were holding
a prayer meeting were chased away. The
seminarian who is resident in the premises was
also beaten up and chased away.”
This incident is likely to irk Christians all over
the country again as recently, a pastor’w wife,
Mrs Eunice Olawale Elisha, was murdered in
cold blood by some Muslims in Kubwa area of
Abuja, Nigeria’s federal capital, for reportedly
preaching in their area.
Christians were after the incident, asked to
protect themselves as the leadership of the
Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN)
described the recent killing of Christians as
brutal and unacceptable, adding: “authority’s
inaction is becoming unbearable and may not be
tolerated anymore.”
https://www.naij.com/893455-murder-redeemed-pastor-read-muslims-christians-gathered-pray-friday.html?source=index_main
Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger . Casualties Recorded by kissval1388: 10:00am On Jul 16, 2016
Islam bad.
Islam is the problem of the world.

I blame father Abraham for all these problem.
if he didnt gave birth to Ishmael, buhari and all these terrorist wouldn't have been in these beautiful world.
mtsheewwww.
Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger . Casualties Recorded by OZAOEKPE(f): 10:04am On Jul 16, 2016
undecided what have we done to deserve this, our religious leaders should start preaching Love lipsrsealed

They are ................ lemme not offend my peaceful muslim friends, but this is too much cry
Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger . Casualties Recorded by todayboy: 10:06am On Jul 16, 2016
Afonjas oya make ona come support the Slavs masters

Assuming is oil pipelines they attack BUHARI will comment but human life it has no value to the president
Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger . Casualties Recorded by ify2016: 10:06am On Jul 16, 2016
Not again
Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger . Casualties Recorded by Ezinwa120: 10:09am On Jul 16, 2016
Why all this in this country? Why! My next world I wouldn't want to share a country with this people.
Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger . Casualties Recorded by madridguy(m): 10:11am On Jul 16, 2016
Attack on Catholic church is attack against humanity. I still don't know why right thinking group of people will attack catholic church. This is the only church that don't discriminate before giving out their services to the society. From their hospitals, to school, and other social amenities. They gave you this without asking you are you a Muslim or Christian.

I wish I am buoyant enough to single handed fixed the church.

I will be forever be grateful to the Catholic mission for what they did in my life.

Back to the Almajiri hoodlums, you people are not representing ISLAM/MUSLIM. You are bunch of illiterates who doesn't understand the teaching of Islam. Islam means Peace.
I blame hausa elites for this.
Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger . Casualties Recorded by chaberry(m): 10:11am On Jul 16, 2016
My Niger state making the news for all the wrong reason

My Moslem brothers should behave themselves nah, what all this?
Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger . Casualties Recorded by Kylekent59: 10:14am On Jul 16, 2016
Religion of peace indeed. How could u leave ur place of worship and start disturbing others worshiping dir God. I must conclude that Islam isn't peace.
Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger . Casualties Recorded by drwebs: 10:16am On Jul 16, 2016
The security forces in this country are also biased and work for only those who seem to control them or the religion they belong to.

From the going of things, it's possible that particular group of Muslims have been gingerly by the presiding imam to carry out this act.

I call on the security to investigate and arrest the leaders of that mosque or produce the worshippers who carried out this act.

Ignorance is not an excuse to destroy properties and causing uprising.

If this is not done, I call on Christians to also retaliate the attacks, I believe we have more mosques there than churches. I believe if Christians start retaliating, the security forces will act.

Christians have been too quiet
#ChristiansAreActivists
Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger . Casualties Recorded by nnachukz(m): 10:16am On Jul 16, 2016
That is where Bubu has gotten us to. These little herdsmen behave as they like, kill at will like their big brothers and nobody cares. First a woman was killed in Kaduna nothing serious happened, another in Abuja and again nothing serious happened. Now this and I can tell you that nothing serious will happen. They have started giving out days Christians must worship, soon they will stop them from worshipping completely. I don't blame them, I blame one useless and coward pastor in this government and those who brought this government to power. An action which has made these miscreants bold.
Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger . Casualties Recorded by truthmans2012: 10:19am On Jul 16, 2016
But the Catholic approve islam as a religion of God nau !!!

www.nairaland.com/3095303/catholic-fraternity-islam
Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger . Casualties Recorded by dmcdad: 10:21am On Jul 16, 2016
madridguy:
Attack on Catholic church is attack against humanity. I still don't know why right thinking group of people will attack catholic church. This is the only church that don't discriminate before giving out their services to the society. From their hospitals, to school, and other social amenities. They gave you this without asking you are you a Muslim or Christian.

I wish I am buoyant enough to single handed fixed the church.

I will be forever be grateful to the Catholic mission for what they did in my life.

Back to the Almajiri hoodlums, you people are not representing ISLAM/MUSLIM. You are bunch of illiterates who doesn't understand the teaching of Islam. Islam means Peace.
I blame hausa elites for this.
Well said bruv.
Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger . Casualties Recorded by princeakins(m): 10:31am On Jul 16, 2016
Not again... dz has to stop srzly.

Its gettin unbearable n threatening... undecided

1 Like

Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger . Casualties Recorded by kissval1388: 10:31am On Jul 16, 2016
Am proud to be a Christian. (Christ like)
I dont kill, I dont slaughter, I love.

lalasticlala , this thread worth front page Na.
Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger . Casualties Recorded by Sydney22: 10:35am On Jul 16, 2016
The jihadists again
Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger . Casualties Recorded by Sydney22: 10:36am On Jul 16, 2016
cry
Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger . Casualties Recorded by dmcdad: 10:40am On Jul 16, 2016
Honestly, I'm running outta patience for this miscreants and these truants. For goodness sake, how could a sane human go on such evil after leaving his/her place of worship? Gosh! Are these people goats or what?!

The Bible was right afterall... My people perish for lack of knowledge. Why not go about your business and let others do same? Is that too hard to comprehend? Don't they go to Mosque on Sundays to pray? Has anyone ever reprimanded them for doing so?

I have always said these guys ain't bad but... I think I would have to rethink this. I need to change my stand on this ish. These guys ain't worth it.

And... Can a Muslim bro or sist confirm these verses for me?

Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger . Casualties Recorded by gracyblaze(f): 10:45am On Jul 16, 2016
Religion of peace indeed!!!

We can see all your peaceful handwork lipsrsealed
Re: Muslim Youths Attack Catholic Church In Niger . Casualties Recorded by Sydney22: 12:46pm On Jul 16, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Ghana Pastor Publicly Flog Members For Fornication (VIDEO) / Muslims Not Welcome In Czech Republic – PM / saw strange news today: Making Woman Was Not Gods First Plan by C.oyaklihome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.