Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,241 members, 7,957,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:08 PM

What Is The Meaning Of YORUBA - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is The Meaning Of YORUBA (887 Views)

Photos Of Yoruba Candomble Worshippers In Brazil. / The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom / The Beauty Of Yoruba Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Meaning Of YORUBA by Izumarock70(m): 1:28pm On Jul 16, 2016
Can someone tell me the meaning of the word yoruba. I have gone through my advanced learners dictionary but couldn't find the meaning.

So does that mean the word is meaningless?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of YORUBA by seunlayi(m): 1:30pm On Jul 16, 2016
Yoruba means ọmọ Odùduwà

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of YORUBA by madridguy(m): 1:30pm On Jul 16, 2016
Biafra people again?

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of YORUBA by Omotayor123(f): 1:49pm On Jul 16, 2016
Hmmm..
Re: What Is The Meaning Of YORUBA by YourNemesis: 2:10pm On Jul 16, 2016
I am not sure what Yoruba means, but I know Ibo/Igbo means Slaves or something like that.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of YORUBA by olaniyi0(m): 2:19pm On Jul 16, 2016
this guy must be extremely stupid, come and take my oxford dictionary even u'll find words like agbada, agogo there which relates to yoruba, motherfucking ipod roots.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of YORUBA by lawani: 3:18pm On Jul 17, 2016
You have not done a single research because answers are available all over. The word was first found in the works Ahmed Baba al Soudan of Mali of the University of Timbuctu who lived in the 16th century. The word is either of Arabic or Mandinka origin because Ahmed Baba was Malian Muslim. The word is said to mean 'the ungovernable people towards the South'. Meaning people who would not submit to Islam who live in the South. Mali was a state that had a mini Jewish holocaust. Askia Mohammed presided over the expulsion of Jews from Mali same year Jews were expelled from Spain. Mali was a Sharia state.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Benin Men Bear The Name "Jackson" / 9ice And Corruption Of Music / Emir Of Iwo Dances With Joy In New Fulani Attire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.