Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,403 members, 7,954,599 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:19 AM

A Designers Portfolio - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / A Designers Portfolio (1926 Views)

Kazuna Cobal'ts 3D Portfolio / Suptol Designs Portfolio / Nairaland Portfolio For Logo Designers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Designers Portfolio by gdi(m): 1:41pm On Dec 04, 2006
Re: A Designers Portfolio by ima1(f): 1:37am On Dec 05, 2006
those are really good, i am a graphic designer too, and i am starting to build my portfolio, so which programs did you use, i have questions for you, like how you designed some of the things on your portfolio, if you don't mind me asking let me know.
Re: A Designers Portfolio by gdi(m): 12:35pm On Dec 05, 2006
No problem, ask any question you want, I will love to help.
I used photoshop for most of them, and some coreldraw
Re: A Designers Portfolio by ayo84(m): 1:45pm On Dec 06, 2006
your portofolio is kool .check out my portofolio site http://www.geocities.com/dutonialmx
Re: A Designers Portfolio by MissEniola(f): 3:27am On Dec 10, 2006
Re: A Designers Portfolio by tellmemore(m): 1:06pm On Jul 16, 2007
Lovely works. I have an SMS services coming up soon. Do you think I'll need your service?
Re: A Designers Portfolio by gdi(m): 12:30pm On Jul 21, 2007
well tell me more about it, then I will know if i can help: 08029735939 wink
Re: A Designers Portfolio by ajayi1(m): 5:34pm On Jul 24, 2007
Me, I love you portfolio, I will even like to meet you. Cheers
Re: A Designers Portfolio by inkema(m): 2:52pm On Sep 06, 2007
Re: A Designers Portfolio by shylle(m): 9:19am On Sep 12, 2007
@poster,
I'm some sort of critic, so here's what I think. (Fortunately, the criticisms I do are of the constructive type.)

1. I think you have a lot of flair with the tools you use: Photoshop (obviously from the brushes you use), and perhaps CorelDraw. Your 3D text abilities are also great.

2. (Spin-off of above) Knowing how to use a tool is not enough. Creativity has to be added. Questions u should ask urself include: what sets this design apart from others? Have I see stuff like dis before? What are other people doing?

3. (A spin-off of 2 above) To some extent, u seem isolated. Do u watch other designers? Do u take interest in dem? Do u see d works of ur contemporaries? Are there graphic designers around u who challenge u with their work? If not, then u're isolated, and dis is not so good. Inspiration and challenges come from seeing other designers, and if there are bad ones around u, then u'd suffer from the one-eyed-man syndrome.

4. Color. U seem to love color so much that it gets in ur way. Most of ur stuff are so colorful dat they are too colorful. Perhaps, it's time for u 2 break away from swatches and experiment with white. Try white backgrounds and use ur colors in d foreground. these days, white works wonders (www).

5. Fonts. From the works I've seen, ur seem to lack creative fonts. Some of d stuff u did might av been much more better if u had used certain fonts. A designer without a good font collection is in big trouble. Anything between one thousand and three thousand fonts is okay, provided there are lots of diverse and creative ones in there.

6. lastly, learn to let go. Design can sometimes be therapy. Breathe in, and exhale. Be easy on urself. Hold ur mouse like a painter holds his brush, and like the brush goes, move with flair. With design, learn to express before u impress. Express ur interpretation of the work, before u av it in mind to impress ur client. And above all, be subtle. Subtly works wonders.

7. One final thing: from a design, i can know the type of person d designer is. Ur colors and rowdiness points to some internal trouble. Is that so? You might want to resolve those issues inside u first, or put dem aside when u're designing.

Design is much more spiritual (not religious o). Ask the French.

Cheers.

(here's a site i think you should visit. http://www.thefwa.com It's actually a site dat showcases the best websites of each month, but the web designers are great graphics designers. Be warned though: these sites might intimidate u and make u despair in ur skills. But don't worry: always remember dat we are all constantly learning, and one day, we'd be just as good!)
Re: A Designers Portfolio by dje(m): 11:22am On Sep 12, 2007
hey y'all.me and a couple of friends have a design collaboration team called MG;muhammadgaladima.we have done some branding jobs,website designs and photo realistic architctural visualisations.

check out www.muhammadgaladima.com or email idrisidng@yahoo.com

what do u think?
Re: A Designers Portfolio by gdi(m): 6:47pm On Sep 14, 2007
@shylle

thanks for the comments, but i don't agree totally with it.

i play with white myself, i am not isolated, as i follow the trends on design from the foriegn scene (http://www.davidairey.com/portfolio/), currently am experimenting- trying to build my own philosophy about design as an art and science for communication and expression. thanks, i would take note of all you suggested.  wink
Re: A Designers Portfolio by gdi(m): 6:51pm On Sep 14, 2007
@dje
good job, love the site and ur portfolio too.
Re: A Designers Portfolio by dje(m): 3:49pm On Sep 15, 2007
@gdi
thanks for the comments.glad u appreciated it

@Inkema
good design, some real professional touch
Re: A Designers Portfolio by Elizido: 10:53am On Feb 04, 2010
Do you want to be part of a popular growing Tee Shirt Clothing Label? We require a committed, edgy and contemporary graphic artist to produce different themed graphics and texts for commercial tee shirts as well as design prints and fabrics for the Label. Partnership maybe negotiated depending on level of skill and expertise.
Re: A Designers Portfolio by Nobody: 2:33pm On Feb 04, 2010
Let's just say , SHYLLE JUST MADE MY DAY

(1) (Reply)

Born To Become An Artist | Noureddine Daifallah / Simply Radio App UI Design / Video Woman Attempts To Rape A Man In Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.