Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

for real football fans only - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / for real football fans only (846 Views)

Football Fans Queue To Buy Super Eagles' Jersey In London. Photos / UCL: Football Fans Fume At What Neymar Did After Madrid's Win / Football Fans Show Support To Carl Ikeme In England. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

for real football fans only by miknielz: 8:40pm On Jul 16, 2016
i.Ronaldo
ii.Messi
iii.Ronaldinho
iv.pirlo
v.Juvinho
vi.Okocha

add if nt mentioned
Re: for real football fans only by Flexherbal(m): 8:42pm On Jul 16, 2016
I go for no3

1 Like

Re: for real football fans only by miknielz: 8:46pm On Jul 16, 2016
nice one bro
Re: for real football fans only by miknielz: 8:47pm On Jul 16, 2016
nice one dear
Re: for real football fans only by Jeholinkz(m): 8:49pm On Jul 16, 2016
[quote author=miknielz post=47611371]i.Ronaldo ii.Messi iii.Ronaldinho iv.pirlo
i Choose Number One
Re: for real football fans only by MrOlihilistic: 8:55pm On Jul 16, 2016
C baba
Re: for real football fans only by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 16, 2016
Juninho

2 Likes

Re: for real football fans only by miknielz: 1:20pm On Jul 17, 2016
7 posts 199 views i don die
Re: for real football fans only by miknielz: 3:03pm On Jul 17, 2016
Does Ronaldo care about the haters?
By: Sunday Oliseh | 15 Jul | 13:38
Twitter

If there is one thing that is certain about Cristiano Ronaldo it is that he doesn’t leave people indifferent.

You either love or loathe the man. Many love him because of his great football skills, while others, especially the ladies admire his ripped abdomen and good looks. Others support him because they are Real Madrid, Manchester United or Portuguese fans.

Those who loathe him mostly argue that he is arrogant, self-centred, cares too much about his looks or are fans of Rival club Barcelona or, most specifically, fans of his eternal rival, Lionel Messi.

Some simply don't like him out of pure jealousy and envy.

However, recent events from a football point of view are set to probably change once and for all Ronaldo’s place in history and how the calendar year 2016 ends when the accolades are handed out.

It has been a football season to remember for Ronaldo and, in my opinion, one that has divine interventions written all over it for the talented Portuguese superstar.

Ronaldo has scored over 50 goals for his Real Madrid in the recently concluded season. It was a season that started horribly for Real. Manager Raphael Benitez was relieved of his duties amidst rumours of a rift with Ronaldo and poor results and was replaced by Zinedine Zidane.

With a relatively easier draw at the Uefa Champions League, Ronaldo scored the decisive penalty that brought the 11th title to Madrid in Milan.

The just concluded European Championships could not have started in a more awkward manner for Ronaldo. First Portugal drew their opener against Iceland and then he was caught up in a media frenzy over comments deemed out of place towards the Iceland team’s style of play.

Portugal's presence in the second round was only due to the new changed format that allowed a third-placed best loser to qualify out of the group stages, otherwise it would have been an early exit for Ronaldo and his team as they only earned three points fro three games in a group that included Hungary, Iceland and Austria.

Come final’s day, Portugal were still standing to face hosts and favourites France. Led by Ronaldo the Portuguese did not win any previous games in the competition within the 90 minutes window -- they either won in extra time or penalties. However, in the end they won the title by beating France 1-0.

Reading this one might be wrongly tempted to think Ronaldo was lucky just to be at the finals, but that is far from the truth. Ronaldo scored nine goals to get his team to the finals and equaled the record of most goals scored by one player at the championships.

One accolade that was missing from the shelves of the two extra-terrestrials of today’s football, Lionel Messi and Ronaldo, were titles with their national teams and people often used that as an argument to put them down in comparison with other greats like Maradona, Zidane, Pele, Beckenbauer, Matthäus etc.

By leading Portugal to this unexpected Euro 2016 triumph Ronaldo just became the greatest player to ever come out of Portugal -- achieving a title win with the national team that eluded other Portuguese greats like Eusebio and Luis Figo.

With eternal rival Messi now retired from the Argentine national team, after an unfortunate penalty miss that cost his country the title at the 2016 Copa America, it looks very likely that the 2016 The Fifa Ballon d'Or winner is, which will give some further bragging rights to Ronaldo’s die-hard fans.

The 2016 European Championships final game revealed to the world a side of Ronaldo that that is not often talked about: his dedication to the cause, hunger for victory, patriotism, his attitude as a team player and, as we found out after he was stretchered off the pitch, his coaching skills.

With these latest developments I believe Ronaldo finally realises that you cannot be loved by everyone and with these newly attained heights of sporting immortality I think he really just doesn’t care anymore if some loathe him.

Let’s wish him well.
Re: for real football fans only by Amadaz(m): 3:24pm On Jul 17, 2016
Jay Jay Okocha anytime, any day.
Re: for real football fans only by Loyalblak007(f): 4:26pm On Jul 17, 2016
HarkymTheOracle:
Juninho

Yes Juninho.. cheesy
My best kick taker ever
Re: for real football fans only by miknielz: 6:20am On Jul 18, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Strange Football Rules You Never Knew / Fans Taunt Victor Moses Over Red Card / Liverpool Rejects Phillip Coutinho Transfer Request

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.