Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,057 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

10 Reasons You Would Find A Female Programmer More Refreshing - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / 10 Reasons You Would Find A Female Programmer More Refreshing (1392 Views)

A Programmer Male Friend Needed By A Female Programmer In Warri, Delta / Need A Female Programmer / A Female Programmer Needs Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Reasons You Would Find A Female Programmer More Refreshing by joshjimie(m): 10:42pm On Jul 16, 2016
ill try to make this as short as possible, please nothing in this post say or mean I am trying to say boys are better than girls or vice versa.

below are reasons you need a female programmer in your team" cry

Note: contest this if you think otherwise.

1. Its just awesome!
Have you seen a female programmer? I mean a real ones not a wanna be! they gat style, you just cant help but stare, Google glass, headset, e.t.c. Even the ones that can only write "hello world".

2. Female programmers are competitive:
Women feel they have a point to prove, when you teach them something, they Strive to be better at it than you, and they will if you don't practice. You want that spirit of competition, expecially where efficiency, accuracy and speed is important.

3. She makes other programmers express male ego:
Once there is a girl in the team, every one is hardworking, I experienced this myself. I had a team of eleven guys and a girl i gathered last year, the girl missed the first two meetings,....the third was very different, more interesting ideas came and some guys wanted to even do more work than they initially said they could in the first two meetings! Wow cry

4. She can multi task:
Women can multi task better, ever heard the quote "multitask like a woman", women are good at this.

5. She sees thing in a different perspective:
Women are more connected to reality, and this is because they think less logically, they are more emotional than men, this doesn't mean they cannot think logically.
Adding a female developer to your team can bring a new angle to your team/company.

6. She radiates:
I was in my guys office last week, I didn't meet him but I waited till he came back. I was with one of his staffs and she had this beautiful smile, she was the assistant there, all the guys were busy,plugged into the coding they were doing. she was working with HTML CSS and she kept me so occupied with conversation, the place felt so alive, I didn't even notice that I waited for 2 hours before my friend came,felt like minutes.

7. She'll bring more recurring/revisiting customers.
For the reason I stated above, naturally you'll want to revisit that place you met a intelligent cute girl with a pretty smile. Won't you, since most programmers are even guys.

8. They have awesome Customer Service:
yes I guess you would agree to this, you would want to be attended to by a lady not a guy if you could choose, plus women are naturally more caring that guys and more sensitive to clients interest.

9. They are more loyal and trustworthy:
It has become common knowledge and its all over Lagos, Benin and abuja,.. in shops, offices..I mean work environments women are usually the ones to collect money from you when you buy something, and there is a reason, women are generally loyal to good,charismatic and reasonable leaders or employers. A girl handles finance for my team and she is very amazing at it, the good part is that she is a developer too, write C programs and web dev.

10. Because you are curious to see for yourself
cry cry cry

N.B:

If you're a lady or you know one, there is a free service that teaches and encourage girls to become developers, there are free materials, video, conferences, tutorials e.t.c.
Lead them to http://WWW.previousorder.xyz/arewa
Re: 10 Reasons You Would Find A Female Programmer More Refreshing by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 16, 2016
FTC - in case this makes FP
Re: 10 Reasons You Would Find A Female Programmer More Refreshing by Donald3d(m): 12:12am On Jul 17, 2016
Not bad grin grin grin
Re: 10 Reasons You Would Find A Female Programmer More Refreshing by Nobody: 2:41am On Jul 17, 2016
Yet on Africa's self proclaimed largest forum we only've one female programmer.
A nairalander opened a thread some months back stating he was looking for a female programmer to work with, all the responses he got were from males.
Re: 10 Reasons You Would Find A Female Programmer More Refreshing by Suntemi(m): 2:51am On Jul 17, 2016
haven't met one yet. Can't wait though
Re: 10 Reasons You Would Find A Female Programmer More Refreshing by edbor(m): 8:08am On Jul 17, 2016
I'm a programmer, not a pro tho. . but i know basic stuffs, would be really nice working with a female programmer i must saycheesy
Re: 10 Reasons You Would Find A Female Programmer More Refreshing by joshjimie(m): 10:05am On Jul 17, 2016
charix:
Yet on Africa's self proclaimed largest forum we only've one female programmer.
A nairalander opened a thread some months back stating he was looking for a female programmer to work with, all the responses he got were from males.

Yes and this is very sad. Let's try and make more females become developers by encouraging them. Teach them, show it to them...or you can just refer them to the link I provided
Re: 10 Reasons You Would Find A Female Programmer More Refreshing by joshjimie(m): 11:43am On Jul 17, 2016
edbor:
I'm a programmer, not a pro tho. . but i know basic stuffs, would be really nice working with a female programmer i must saycheesy
Its really exciting! Expecially when she knows what she doing, its lie seeing David perfform on your birthday as a surprise.
Re: 10 Reasons You Would Find A Female Programmer More Refreshing by joshjimie(m): 11:44am On Jul 17, 2016
Donald3d:
Not bad grin grin grin

Thanks alot Donald. If you like this you can share with your friends.
Re: 10 Reasons You Would Find A Female Programmer More Refreshing by cyrielo(m): 12:10pm On Jul 17, 2016
Female programmers are cool, worked with many talented ones

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons You Would Find A Female Programmer More Refreshing by joshjimie(m): 12:14pm On Jul 17, 2016
cyrielo:
Female programmers are cool, worked with many talented ones

I've worked with many myself. Please if you know some kindly introduce them to me. I wanna met more, and I have a non profit that supports female programmers.

Check the link I posted above.
Re: 10 Reasons You Would Find A Female Programmer More Refreshing by cyrielo(m): 12:45pm On Jul 17, 2016
sadly they are fully engaged. cry

(1) (Reply)

ISDEV (innovative Software Developers) Hackathon, Hackday. / Windows 10 Activator 2018 / Introduction To Database Design (video Tutorial For Beginners)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.