Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,365 members, 7,826,431 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Estimate For Roofing And Ceiling Nogging - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Estimate For Roofing And Ceiling Nogging (9823 Views)

Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. / For Your Professional Roofing And Aluminum Works Check These Pictures / I want to buy Nigerite Roofing Sheet Slate And Ceiling Slate At A Good Discount? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Estimate For Roofing And Ceiling Nogging by janykute: 6:28pm On Sep 13, 2009
Please guys,a friend of mine residing abroad is about to roof his 7 bedroom duplex somewhere in Imo state and the quotation they gave him for the roofing (steptiles) and noggin is 1.9m.I think the price is on the high side,what do you guys think?Also the steptiles roofing is there any inferior and superior make or are they all the same.Please Design5,thirdeye,Ajileko and all in the building business your advice is highly needed.
Re: Estimate For Roofing And Ceiling Nogging by janykute: 9:21am On Sep 14, 2009
Re: Estimate For Roofing And Ceiling Nogging by janykute: 4:30pm On Sep 14, 2009
Is there no one that is willing to help me out?Plz guys if you have any idea do contribute i am waiting.
Re: Estimate For Roofing And Ceiling Nogging by janykute: 10:19pm On Sep 14, 2009
Re: Estimate For Roofing And Ceiling Nogging by janykute: 2:24pm On Sep 15, 2009
Re: Estimate For Roofing And Ceiling Nogging by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 15, 2009
Hello sorry. I have been viewing your post on my Blackberry but couldn't reply. I think seun should do something about this, we should be able to post and post replies on Mobile devices.

@ poster

1.9M? You said 7 bedroom. How big is this 7 bedroom?
Is it one of those expansive buildings or is the layout of building compact.

The price might be due to the size.
Try and send me the dimensions of the length and breath of the building, so I can interpulate.

Nevertheless, the price is outrageous for a normal compact 7 Bedroom apartment.

And I hope a professional is handling it. The kind of roofing material you desire requires some level of expertise.

Best Wishes

NB: You can mail me whenever you want instant replies.
Re: Estimate For Roofing And Ceiling Nogging by ajileko: 5:18pm On Sep 15, 2009
Yeah man, like design5 said, we need to know the size and the dimension of this house. But having said that, if you can get a break down of the cost and how he arrive at the1.9m total cost, we can help you analyze it and see where you are being rip off. Alternatively, you can either go with slate roofing which is less expensive or redesign the roof layout for a lower slope configuration.
Re: Estimate For Roofing And Ceiling Nogging by janykute: 10:19pm On Sep 15, 2009
Thanks so much for your reply Design and Ajileko.Coming to your question unfortunately i cant get the exact dimension of the building but the house is a normal 7 bedroom apartment.According to him this is the breakdown of the materials needed for the roofing
280 pcs of 2x4x18 @ N800=N224,000
120 pcs of 2x4x12 @N300=N36,000
400 pcs of 2x2x18 @N420=168,000
120 pcs of 2x3x12 @200=N24,000
26 pcs of 1x10x12 @N750=N19,500
Nails 5 and 4inches N22,000
Soligrum 6 gal. N12,000
Labour (noggin)N230,000
steptiles roofing,materials and labour N1.2.
Ajileko,plz with this estimate can you tell me his main target for the rip off so that i will know where to start with my negotiation.
Re: Estimate For Roofing And Ceiling Nogging by thirdeye(m): 12:58am On Sep 16, 2009
grin grin grin These guys you don't want to spend money yet you want to always go for the costliest and best materials. It won't add up, for a 7 bedroom duplex with the kind of materials you have don't be surprised you will spend up to that amount.
Where you are likely to be shortchanged may be the quantity of pieces of timber used, hardly does any roofing man follows the specifications when it comes to the wood, so where some pieces are to be spaced 900mm apart, the carpenter or whoever will space them by 1200mm apart so the quantities of wood needed must have reduced to what was calculated.
The step tiles should be easy to calculate by you if the roof is not complex just find out the area (length by breadth) of each (should be in the quotation), get the total area of the roof approx. then divide the total by a piece and know the approx quantities you need. Find out the price from the market. This should guide you.

1 Like

Re: Estimate For Roofing And Ceiling Nogging by pinklin88(m): 9:48am On Sep 19, 2012
My name is Joyee Chou.I am sales manager in our company .We are manufacture about PVC ceiling and wall panel .The Size : thickness :6mm ,width : 200mm length: 5950mm .weight: 1.8kg/sqm PVC : 40% 10pcs/bundle. This size sale best in nigeria. If you want to get the best price for this size ,please tell me details about your products what you need . Then I will offer you best price .

I have attached some pictures of this size here . please check it .For the future information can be available at our website : www.jxhengtai1.en.alibaba.com

Customers from Nigeria , Ghana , Algeria have already established agreeable and mutual benefit business relationship with us and highly appreciated our professional service.

We sincely hope hear from you and further suggestion which will give us an opportunity to serve you better .
We are looking forward to receiving your reply soon.

Yours Sincerely
Joyee Chou (sales manager)
Haiyan Hengtai Decorative Material Factory
ADD: lvzhong village Yucheng Town ,Haiyan, Jiaxing city Zhejiang province,China 314300
msn: junyangzou@hotmail.com
Email: junyangzou@hotmail.com
or: hengtaipvcpanel@gmail.com
Tel: 0086-573-86451388
Phone: 0086-136-5583-0882
Fax:0086-573-86458399

(1) (Reply)

Will The New Lagos State Tenement Law Be A Gloom Or Boom For Businesses In.. / Atima Consultant / 2 & 4 bed House,Land for sale in T.a Gardens Ikeja Outskirt with CofO At Warewa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.