Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

How To Prevent MTN From Touching Your Credit After Exhausting Your Data - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Prevent MTN From Touching Your Credit After Exhausting Your Data (4412 Views)

NCC Stops MTN From Acquiring Visafone / How To Stop Airtel Unsolicited Messages That Are Stealing Your Credit Yourself / How To Opt Out Of MTN Subscriptions That Are Stealing Your Credit Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prevent MTN From Touching Your Credit After Exhausting Your Data by Uchefrancis16(m): 7:43am On Jul 17, 2016
Well some times ago I was transferred a few credit by friend on MTN line out of which I used part of it to subscribed. While browsing I keep monitoring my data usage to avoid my credit being dedicated when have exhausted my data. I couldn't browse confidently, so I decided to call the MTN Nigeria customer care to ask if there is any code I can dial to avoid my credit being touched if I eventually exhaust my data.

I was given some code which worked for me and will like to share with you guys.
Whenever you guys subscribe to any data plan and you've been givn the data, dial *131*201# to avoid your credit from being touched once you exhaust your data while still browsing. So MTN wont zap your available airtime balance.

Hurry: Get Free 1GB/100MB on MTN Network

Mind you, dialing that code means you won't be able to browse with money on your phone when there isn't any data.

Even if you have thousands of credits on that line, and your data is switched on, you won't be able to browse unless you have data or buy data with the credit. But if u are in a tight corner where the money available on your line is not up to the amount you can use in buying data and u wanna browse with the money, then dial *131*200#. The code allows you to browse with money in the absence of data.

Source: http://www.naijatechlovers.com/2016/07/how-to-prevent-mtn-from-touching-your.html

2 Likes

Re: How To Prevent MTN From Touching Your Credit After Exhausting Your Data by rerhji(m): 8:51am On Jul 17, 2016
found dis helpful fenks
Re: How To Prevent MTN From Touching Your Credit After Exhausting Your Data by Earth2Metahuman: 10:43am On Jul 17, 2016
The funny thing is, you will keep getting error after subscription but works after then have deducted your money.

Mtn are criminals

1 Like

Re: How To Prevent MTN From Touching Your Credit After Exhausting Your Data by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 17, 2016
Thanks. Please what of Etisalat?
Re: How To Prevent MTN From Touching Your Credit After Exhausting Your Data by rookidmart: 6:35pm On Jul 17, 2016
DavidGodwin:
Thanks. Please what of Etisalat?
Etisalat does that automatically.
Whenever you've exhausted your data plan, or you don't have one you won't be able to browse the 'net until you activate PAYG browsing and you'll be redirected to their home page.
To activate PAYG browsing (browsing with your airtime when you don't have a data plan) send YES to 1111.
Re: How To Prevent MTN From Touching Your Credit After Exhausting Your Data by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 17, 2016
rookidmart:

Etisalat does that automatically.
Whenever you've exhausted your data plan, or you don't have one you won't be able to browse the 'net until you activate PAYG browsing and you'll be redirected to their home page.
To activate PAYG browsing (browsing with your airtime when you don't have a data plan) send YES to 1111.
Mine doesn't do oh. I've called them about two times to deactivate it but they said it's not available anymore. That if I don't want my money to be touched, I should switch off my data.
Re: How To Prevent MTN From Touching Your Credit After Exhausting Your Data by Johnny19: 12:03am On Jul 18, 2016
tnx yhu op
Re: How To Prevent MTN From Touching Your Credit After Exhausting Your Data by donhils: 12:09am On Jul 18, 2016
Anybody knows how to stop this thing on Airtel?

(1) (Reply)

Code To Unshield The Hidden Number / Infinix Note 5 Stylus Vs TECNO Camon X Pro -Speed Test, Ram Management & Battery / How Scammers Use 737 To Defraud People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.