Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,737 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

SERAP Sues FG For Not Releasing Names Of Looters - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / SERAP Sues FG For Not Releasing Names Of Looters (11532 Views)

"SARS Officials Dragged Me Naked With My Manhood, Took N30k Before Releasing Me" / ‘I Used Names Of Politicians’, Five Star Hotels To Steal’ (photo) / Names Of Kidnappers Of Margaret Emefiele, Gang Leader, Soldiers, Others (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

SERAP Sues FG For Not Releasing Names Of Looters by annnikky(f): 6:32pm On Jul 17, 2016
The Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) has sued the Federal Government for not releasing the names of those who stole money from the country’s coffers.

SERAP wants the court to determine 'Whether by virtue of the provision of section 4(a) of the Freedom of Information Act 2011, the Defendants are under an obligation to provide the Plaintiff with the information requested for.'

They also want the court to declare that 'by virtue of the provisions of Section 4 (a) of the Freedom of Information Act 2011, the Defendants are under a binding legal obligation to provide the Plaintiff with up to date information relating to the following:

'To widely disseminate, including on a dedicated website, information about the names of high ranking public officials from whom public funds were recovered since May 2015, and the circumstances under which stolen public funds were returned.'

Premium Times also reports that SERAP had earlier made a FREEDOM OF Information request to the minister of information, Lai Mohammed, asking for 'information about the names of high ranking public officials from whom public funds were recovered and the circumstances under which funds were recovered, as well as the exact amount of funds recovered from each public official.'

President Muhammadu Buhari, during his maiden media chat in December 2015, said that names of those who returned looted public funds would not be divulged, pending the determination of cases in courts.
http://pulse.ng/local/serap-group-sues-fg-for-not-releasing-names-of-looters/

6 Likes

Re: SERAP Sues FG For Not Releasing Names Of Looters by Tintinnoty(m): 6:33pm On Jul 17, 2016
Every man for himself

modified:power corrupts, absolute power corrupt absolutely.

Who's fooling who

4 Likes

Re: SERAP Sues FG For Not Releasing Names Of Looters by Tenkobos(m): 6:36pm On Jul 17, 2016
Seconded

9 Likes

Re: SERAP Sues FG For Not Releasing Names Of Looters by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 17, 2016
Thirded

6 Likes

Re: SERAP Sues FG For Not Releasing Names Of Looters by Goodays(m): 10:14pm On Jul 17, 2016
Watching in 3D as it unfold....

3 Likes

Re: SERAP Sues FG For Not Releasing Names Of Looters by Sojebrand(m): 10:15pm On Jul 17, 2016
Tenkobos:
Seconded
co-sign grin

3 Likes

Re: SERAP Sues FG For Not Releasing Names Of Looters by hucienda: 10:15pm On Jul 17, 2016
Can corrupt release corrupt list?

lol ... serap you guys are on a looong thing.

39 Likes

Re: SERAP Sues FG For Not Releasing Names Of Looters by meeky007(m): 10:15pm On Jul 17, 2016
OK
Re: SERAP Sues FG For Not Releasing Names Of Looters by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 17, 2016
Dullardi.nho of Daura... No fund recovered.. VIRTUALLY EMPTY fund recovered

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SERAP Sues FG For Not Releasing Names Of Looters by ohenhen1: 10:15pm On Jul 17, 2016
The judge will throw out the suit. They can't force the FG to violate the law.
Re: SERAP Sues FG For Not Releasing Names Of Looters by greatiyk4u(m): 10:16pm On Jul 17, 2016
I support the idea.......just name and shame them

7 Likes

Re: SERAP Sues FG For Not Releasing Names Of Looters by chiangyokay: 10:16pm On Jul 17, 2016
I Concur

2 Likes

Re: SERAP Sues FG For Not Releasing Names Of Looters by Standing5(m): 10:16pm On Jul 17, 2016
The expose could work against the loot recovery exercise. Don't forget we still av billions in Dubai alone.

1 Like

Re: SERAP Sues FG For Not Releasing Names Of Looters by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 17, 2016
But on a more serious note, dis thing Federal Govt dey do is worst than the people who even looted. How can you know the set of people making life miserable for Nigerians and not tell them, us I mean cause I join too. God should do to all those thieves both past and present what he did to the people of Egypt when they refused to let go of the children of Israel. Enough is enough angry

15 Likes

Re: SERAP Sues FG For Not Releasing Names Of Looters by kinggozzy(m): 10:16pm On Jul 17, 2016
I concur.......is beta not to promise,dan to promise and fell....thOugh Naija are use to. APC film trick.

2 Likes

Re: SERAP Sues FG For Not Releasing Names Of Looters by SAMBATLAN(m): 10:16pm On Jul 17, 2016
comment tomorrow.
Re: SERAP Sues FG For Not Releasing Names Of Looters by mrpayne(m): 10:17pm On Jul 17, 2016
I'm beginning to dislike and loose faith in this man. He is being selective with his fight against corruption and his ineptitude to steer the economy in the right direction is glaring. Sigh, before the elections, he was the better of 2 options.. Naija which way??!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: SERAP Sues FG For Not Releasing Names Of Looters by royallord1(m): 10:17pm On Jul 17, 2016
government of lies

5 Likes

Re: SERAP Sues FG For Not Releasing Names Of Looters by Agbgift(f): 10:17pm On Jul 17, 2016
ohenhen1:

Which law are you talking about? Was the president forced to make promises he can't keep?

12 Likes

Re: SERAP Sues FG For Not Releasing Names Of Looters by dunkem21(m): 10:18pm On Jul 17, 2016

Re: SERAP Sues FG For Not Releasing Names Of Looters by joeyreports: 10:18pm On Jul 17, 2016
ohenhen1:

What law mbok?

12 Likes

Re: SERAP Sues FG For Not Releasing Names Of Looters by virginboy1(m): 10:18pm On Jul 17, 2016
This statement Buhari made "I AM FOR NOBODY BUT FOR EVERYBODY" was a scam.

It is such a pity many of us believed him then.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: SERAP Sues FG For Not Releasing Names Of Looters by Emmaoga: 10:18pm On Jul 17, 2016
this government is just a full time disappointment to we the masses.

14 Likes

Re: SERAP Sues FG For Not Releasing Names Of Looters by Emarc16(m): 10:19pm On Jul 17, 2016
Fourthed

2 Likes

Re: SERAP Sues FG For Not Releasing Names Of Looters by hobermener: 10:19pm On Jul 17, 2016
mrpayne:
I'm beginning to dislike and loose faith in this man. He is being selective with his fight against corruption and his ineptitude to steer the economy in the right direction is glaring. Sigh, before the elections, he was the better of 2 options.. Naija which way??!
How "educated" nigerians with supposed bachelors, masters and phd degrees could fall for an aged, illiterate, despotic, nepotistic, fanatical, certificateless scammer is still beyond me!!! Nigerians truly deserve the kind of leaders they have!! Get your voters card ready cos you must re-elect him come 2019 tongue tongue tongue

22 Likes

Re: SERAP Sues FG For Not Releasing Names Of Looters by Laid2001: 10:19pm On Jul 17, 2016
Good Luck
Re: SERAP Sues FG For Not Releasing Names Of Looters by jericco1(m): 10:20pm On Jul 17, 2016
SERAP is just wasting their time, believe me at the end of all these ghost hunts, you'd hear that an anonymous person syphoned the recovered loot...

6 Likes

Re: SERAP Sues FG For Not Releasing Names Of Looters by Ayoswit(f): 10:20pm On Jul 17, 2016
Govt of propaganda, always silent on important issues, mtcheeew.

1 Like

Re: SERAP Sues FG For Not Releasing Names Of Looters by Checked86: 10:27pm On Jul 17, 2016
What is all this sef? Make people leave this government to fail on its own. Does FG care about sh*t? I doubt. The most insensitive govt of all time. Buhari will give Abacha the run for his money because he want to do the looting alone and on low key, projecting himself as a Northern saint. Nigeria is broke while your family held a dinner for your children for mere graduation. When I graduated, I doubt if I even knew let alone holding a dinner.

9 Likes

Re: SERAP Sues FG For Not Releasing Names Of Looters by Akinz0126(m): 10:28pm On Jul 17, 2016
It's obvious Baba won't discus that now He just wants us to b after the loot not the looters!

If I'm lyk make him mention d looters if him lyk make him no mention ram dat1 na him palaba weytyn we surpose dey after na hin b the loot gan gan make e no b say him dey gather ram for anoda IBB only to come squander ram shikenan!

#TeamWaitingHimWanUseOurLootDo#
Re: SERAP Sues FG For Not Releasing Names Of Looters by chiddye(m): 10:29pm On Jul 17, 2016
I strongly support and commend serap on this, someone needs to hold this government accountable. Nigerians are tired of their lies and lips service portrayed by this government. except if they have something to hide. you do media trials but you can't present names of those that stole from the Treasury! double standard!

am pretty sure minister liar Mohammed won't be happy about this

4 Likes

Re: SERAP Sues FG For Not Releasing Names Of Looters by mashnino(m): 10:29pm On Jul 17, 2016
This ones don't know what is disturbing them yet

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cult War In Anambra One Eyes Plucked - VIDEO / Adekunle Adetiloye Sentenced To 17.8 Years In Prison For Credit Fraud / Ogun Police Arrests Nine Members Of Kidnap Syndicate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.