Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,471 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Help With Spectranet Modem - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help With Spectranet Modem (2105 Views)

Unlocked Spectranet Modem E5578s-932 Cannot Lock To 4G Only. / 1 Month Fairly Used Smile And Spectranet Modem For Sale. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Spectranet Modem by tgmservice: 9:27pm On Jul 17, 2016
Pls am an IT support for a a company in festac we make use of spectranet network and its reall annoying and could cost me my job.
The thing keeps disconnecting all computers connected to it and staffs have to reconnect each time.
Please gurus in the house who have worked or working as a tech support give me a way to fix this issue pls. What are the procedures to take to improve the internet connection in my place of work to make it smooth.

Thanks a lot am banking on this information from you guys
Re: Help With Spectranet Modem by raski04(m): 9:37pm On Jul 17, 2016
tgmservice:
Pls am an IT support for a a company in festac we make use of spectranet network and its reall annoying and could cost me my job.
The thing keeps disconnecting all computers connected to it and staffs have to reconnect each time.
Please gurus in the house who have worked or working as a tech support give me a way to fix this issue pls. What are the procedures to take to improve the internet connection in my place of work to make it smooth.

like how many systems are u connecting to the spectranet router,
Re: Help With Spectranet Modem by kay2dot(m): 9:15am On Jul 18, 2016
tgmservice:

Let's sort it out over the phone 0 8 0 6 7 5 4 9 5 0 6. I may not have time to check this forum back soon.
Re: Help With Spectranet Modem by tgmservice: 4:12pm On Jul 18, 2016
kay2dot:

Let's sort it out over the phone 0 8 0 6 7 5 4 9 5 0 6. I may not have time to check this forum back soon.
ok thanks
Re: Help With Spectranet Modem by tgmservice: 4:13pm On Jul 18, 2016
raski04:
like how many systems are u connecting to the spectranet router,
14 systems
Re: Help With Spectranet Modem by persius555(m): 8:50am On Jul 19, 2016
Simple troubleshooting. Get internet connection from another network provider, say swift. If disconnection persists then you should know where to start from.
Re: Help With Spectranet Modem by saint2ace(m): 7:26am On Jul 26, 2016
tgmservice:

Hello brother, I know how it feels to use an epileptic network and everyone expects you to make it work cos u're the IT guy. Well let's get down to biz, the first step would be to access signal strength of your provider; I know for sure that Spectranet is crappy in festac, if it's a signal issue, you could get a directional antenna to help boast your signal. You can find them everywhere, google rapid bts, on even on nairaland they have some cool products.

Secondly, you might need to check the router configuration and Find out if you have a bandwidth limit set, if yes then remove the restrictions also u might need to check hardware defects and ensure that the firmware isn't going crazy.

If all above fails, it will be worthwhile to try a different service provider like the guy above said try Swift they have better network coverage.

All the best.....
Re: Help With Spectranet Modem by tgmservice: 2:33pm On Jul 27, 2016
saint2ace:

Hello brother, I know how it feels to use an epileptic network and everyone expects you to make it work cos u're the IT guy. Well let's get down to biz, the first step would be to access signal strength of your provider; I know for sure that Spectranet is crappy in festac, if it's a signal issue, you could get a directional antenna to help boast your signal. You can find them everywhere, google rapid bts, on even on nairaland they have some cool products.

Secondly, you might need to check the router configuration and Find out if you have a bandwidth limit set, if yes then remove the restrictions also u might need to check hardware defects and ensure that the firmware isn't going crazy.

If all above fails, it will be worthwhile to try a different service provider like the guy above said try Swift they have better network coverage.

All the best.....
THANKS BRO I APPRECIATE
Re: Help With Spectranet Modem by saint2ace(m): 8:04pm On Jul 27, 2016
tgmservice:
THANKS BRO I APPRECIATE

U're Welcome
Re: Help With Spectranet Modem by Nobody: 3:07am On Jul 28, 2016
spectranet have been displaying serious connectivity issues for the last three days. i am a heavy night downloader, and right now, they are on 50kbps . normally, this would be 1mbps.

i dont believe it's a signal strength thing; its something from their back end.

(1) (Reply)

The Most Popular Nigerian Community Websites / Toshiba Satellite P200 - 13Z For Sale / HP Star War, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 6th Gen Core i7, 2GB Nvidia 940M @145k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.