Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,276 members, 7,839,379 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Happy Birthday Mandela - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Happy Birthday Mandela (365 Views)

South African Anti-Apartheid Campaigner Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 / 2018 Mandela Washington Fellowship Opens For Application, Deadline October 11 / Happy Birthday To King Hadampson Reloaded>>>> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Mandela by WiseCollins(m): 8:46am On Jul 18, 2016
"During my lifetime I have dedicated myself to this struggle of the African people. I have fought against white domination, and I have fought against black domination..." "It is an ideal which I hope to live for and to see realised. But, my lord, if needs be it is an ideal for which I am prepared to die." "I stand here before you not as a prophet but as a humble servant of you, the people. Your tireless and heroic sacrifices have made it possible for me to be here today. I therefore place the remaining years of my life in your hands." "No one is born hating another person because of the colour of his skin or his background or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite." "What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that determines the significance of the life we lead." "On my last day I want to know that those who remain behind will say: 'The man who lies here has done his duty for his country and his people'." Happy birthday Mandela. All men die, some men never truly die.

(1) (Reply)

Turn Your Struggle To Joy With #needmyservice / Are Theses pastor. Ade, And Oye Guilty: Are Their Hands Fills With Dirt? / Every Male Child To Receive Salary Every Month As Nigerian Soldier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.