Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

My Windows 10 Mobile Experience With Lumia 535 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Windows 10 Mobile Experience With Lumia 535 (1041 Views)

Share Your PUBG Mobile Experience So Far / Help With Lumia 430!!! / How To Run Android Apps On Windows 10 Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Windows 10 Mobile Experience With Lumia 535 by DY20: 5:02pm On Jul 18, 2016
I have three major problem with my lumia 535 running the latest official build of windows 10 mobile.
1. The Discharge Time makes the phone almost impossible for me to use. The phone's battery which is 1900mAh last longer when playing (some) games, watching videos and listening to music but still can't be compared to my Blackberry Bold IV that use 1200mAh. Despite offing everything off-able in the setting. When my battery is fully charged, I use just about 3 hours in web browsing which is really frustrating.
2. The Discharge time is short and the charging time is long. In fact, this is one major reason I'd advise anyone, no matter how patient they are, not to use any Windows phone. Users would still have been pleased with the OS if the charging time is as quick as the discharge time. How can I charge a phone for 5 hours and use it for not more that 3 hours? It doesn't make any sense to me at all. Windows phone, as the name implies, should be thrown out of the window. "Your device is charging slow": This notification once make me look bad like I'm the one not doing it right, I bought all types of charger, ranging from #1,500 to #3,500 but no joy. I visited a friend of mine at home, I used her mum's fake #200 charger and it didn't bring the notification but the charging time still not have any significant difference.
3. Battery Saver Mode: This is one thing that is stable in low ends phone like Nokia Touch Lite, Android 2.0 and Blackberry 7.1. I can't believe Microsoft haven't get it right. Gross! Battery saver, supposedly, reduce the brightness off the phone when it kicks in, stop all background task and off services like location so that the battery life of the device will last longer. Switched on battery saver on Lumia 535 and other significant windows device too but the brightness won't adjust at all. The settings in "Extra" won't help either.
4. Brightness Slider: If Microsoft kicks in brightness slider in the display setting. The batter life would still been have able to live with. Even if you set the display to "low".. It is too bright for the eye and it still consume more battery.
The design of the OS is good but it is very unstable. Too unstable that people don't want to like the "design" anymore. I don't know much of how App design is related to OS but I think Microsoft should reduce there privacy and requirement coz I think App developers shy away Windows OS coz there are too much to give in than they will get (as there are very few users)
I'm still holding on to the device coz I hope that Microsoft would be able to fix it in the coming Anniversary Update which is expected on arrive August 2nd.
Re: My Windows 10 Mobile Experience With Lumia 535 by Tarrmie(m): 5:30pm On Jul 18, 2016
am on windows 8.1 but the charging time na die and i wanted to upgrade. thanks for sharing
Re: My Windows 10 Mobile Experience With Lumia 535 by Elxandre(m): 5:59pm On Jul 18, 2016
i think you have a buggy update.
w10 charges normally for many users.

1 Like

Re: My Windows 10 Mobile Experience With Lumia 535 by tulipsmadra: 7:11pm On Jul 18, 2016
You are so right about charging & discharge time I use lumia 535 as well and it not funny at all. The battery saver on W8 seems to be better than that on W10. And I dare not put my network on 3G else I will have to charge my phone every 3hrs+ just using whatsapp.
Re: My Windows 10 Mobile Experience With Lumia 535 by DY20: 8:23pm On Jul 18, 2016
tulipsmadra:
You are so right about charging & discharge time I use lumia 535 as well and it not funny at all. The battery saver on W8 seems to be better than that on W10. And I dare not put my network on 3G else I will have to charge my phone every 3hrs+ just using whatsapp.

Aha! About that whatsapp.. Did you also notice the delay in Whatsapp offline notification? At times, you have run the App before all the messages are delivered.
Re: My Windows 10 Mobile Experience With Lumia 535 by tulipsmadra: 8:45pm On Jul 18, 2016
DY20:

Aha! About that whatsapp.. Did you also notice the delay in Whatsapp offline notification? At times, you have run the App before all the messages are delivered.

I have dumped it already for bb till I fix my android am not enjoying this windows phone at all.

(1) (Reply)

Fingerprint Sensor - Innjoo Fire 2 Pro LTE Official Specs, Photos And Discussio / I Need Advice On Tecno L8 Plus /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.