Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

I Hate Job Applications - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Hate Job Applications (634 Views)

4 Reasons You Don't Get Interviews After Your Job Applications / Job Applications / Online Records 67 Percent Decline In Job Applications - Guardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Hate Job Applications by yomz1e(m): 12:53pm On Jul 19, 2016
please share your experience when filing online applications, how you coped and dealt with difficult questions

I am currently in the middle of career change and its proving to be very annoying and cumbersome. what annoys me the most is some jobs will ask for experiences that even the professor that thought you that course doesn't have and others will just turn you off. The most annoying one is when you compared the salary to the experience they asking for , and you like seriously with all this experience you are only paying N18000 pcm. My grudge is this one , when you have a correct Resume/CV of someone else that you downloaded of the internet and tweaked it so much even yourself will "say ol'boy you try"! to pretend is your own, and you now applied online. after uploading it, you now get 6 other web pages ask9ing you to demonstrate how you fit the job, how you hear about the job, describe if you have a relative in that company, and list the names of your schools, certifcations and experiences and one nasty page on how you meat the requirements! at this point i get really pi$$es off because the CV list all my educational background from nursery schools to University and all the experiences i have and yet you asking me to describe it again. Why ask for the CV when you know you still going to ask me to write epistle of my life because of a N25000 job!

ok you managed to spend a whole day to draft the application, you send it off and you get that dreaded email, " unfortunately after careful consideration we found out that you copied the CV from Mr K Roberts website.....jokes! after careful consideration we found other candidates that closely match our requirements, we would like to keep you on our records in case we have any positions in the future and finally we wish you luck in your job search and showing interest in Fatai investments Ltd Ilesha ! grin grin grin

Some firms don't even reply at all, the worst one is when they have an internal staff applying of for the post and you being the mumu wasted your time,energy and data to fill out the form.

sometime i wish i can reply them that " may thunder strike you and your company down and god punish you"

Does anyone have similar experience?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Job Opportunity In Pertinence Limited / Vacancy For Quality Control Officer / Who Else Got This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.