Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Atefeh Sahaaleh; "protecting" Muslim Women By Hanging! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Atefeh Sahaaleh; "protecting" Muslim Women By Hanging! (6707 Views)

What are the Rewards For Muslim Women In Paradise? / The 'Burying' Of Muslim Women in the Modern World / Muslims Protecting A Catholic Church In Egypt During Mass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atefeh Sahaaleh; "protecting" Muslim Women By Hanging! by Nobody: 2:42am On Dec 05, 2006
Atefeh Sahaaleh: Death sentence for being raped (aka crimes against chastity)!

"we greatly value and readily embrace the promotion of human ideals such as compassion, empathy, respect for the rights of human beings, securing justice and equity, and defending the innocent and the weak against oppressors and bullies. . ."
- President Ahmedinajad, Iran.

Atefeh Rajabi Sahaaleh (Persian: عاطفه رجبی صحاله) (lived 1988 to August 15, 2004) was a 16-year-old Iranian girl who was executed in Iran after being sentenced to death by an Iranian judge, Haji Rezai, for allegedly having committed "acts incompatible with chastity": Based on judicial records, by the time Atefeh was 16, she had been convicted five times of having sex with unmarried men[1] , and for removing her hijab while arguing with her judge in court.

According to the BBC, supreme court of Appeal documents described her as a 22-year-old, but no one bothered to check her real age. Her trial for ‘crimes against chastity’ was based on her admission that she had been repeatedly raped by a revolutionary guard, 51-year-old Ali Darabi, a married man with children.

Atefeh reportedly had no access to legal counsel and her death sentence was upheld by a Supreme Court of conservative mullahs. Haji Rezaii, the religious judge, was reportedly so incensed with Atefeh’s "sharp tongue" during the trial that he travelled to Tehran to convince the mullahs of the Supreme Court to uphold the death sentence. According to Amnesty International, it was reported that she suffered from psychological illness, both during the trials and at the time she committed the crime. She was publicly hanged in Neka, Iran, in August 2004, the noose being applied by the lower court judge himself.

[size=13pt]Allah indeed is merciful!!![/size]

Re: Atefeh Sahaaleh; "protecting" Muslim Women By Hanging! by mrpataki(m): 2:30pm On Dec 06, 2006
So what should we do with your post now Mr Davidylan?
Re: Atefeh Sahaaleh; "protecting" Muslim Women By Hanging! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 2:34pm On Dec 06, 2006
Ridicule Islam, obviously that is what he wants.
For Extremist are the measurement of ISLAM
Re: Atefeh Sahaaleh; "protecting" Muslim Women By Hanging! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 2:36pm On Dec 06, 2006
Some 44 people were killed and 118 wounded in three nearly simultaneous bomb blasts Saturday morning in Dimapur, Nagaland's commercial hub, in what a top official called the "worst ever terrorist strike" in the tiny state's history.

Gunmen in neighbouring Assam state later killed 15 villagers and injured a dozen more, police said.

"There were limbs everywhere and blood was splattered all over," said student leader T. Zheviho who was at crowded Dimapur railway station where one bomb exploded as passengers awaited a train.

Two other bombs went off in the Hong Kong market, which sells Chinese goods, and an adjacent market.

"I had a miraculous escape," Zheviho told AFP by telephone from Dimapur, 70 kilometers (45 miles) east of Nagaland capital Kohima.

Police said the plastic explosive RDX appeared to have been used in the railway blast that created a huge crater beside a platform.

"We found a briefcase with fuse wires, it contained RDX and a timer-device," V. Peseyie, Dimapur additional police chief, said.

Seventeen more people were killed in a wave of attacks in neighbouring Assam, police said.

Unidentified attackers raked shoppers with gunfire at a marketplace in Makri Jhora village, 290 kilometres (180 miles) west of Assam's main city of Guwahati, killing 11 and injuring about a dozen, police said.

The same gunmen later shot dead four more villagers in a nearby forest, police superintendent L. R. Bishnoi told AFP. Two more people were killed and 10 injured in two blasts in the Assamese district of Bongaingaon, 220 kilometres (136 miles) from Guwahati, Bishnoi said.

One person was killed and seven wounded in an earlier bomb blast in Assam.

Police also reported two other bombings in a village on the outskirts of Guwahati in which four people were injured.

There were no immediate claims of responsibility for the day of bloodshed in the insurgency-infested northeast where some 30 guerrilla groups are battling for greater autonomy or independence.

The attacks occurred as India marked the 135th anniversary of the birth of Mahatma Gandhi who waged a campaign of non-violence to free the country from British rule.

"It is distressing such violence broke out on the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi," Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said in the capital New Delhi.

Nagaland's ill-equipped hospitals battled to treat the wounded.

"Many have multiple face and abdomen wounds. They're in a state of trauma. We're trying to cope. We've never had such a devastating emergency," said doctor T. Lotha at a private hospital in Dimapur treating blast victims.

Nagaland Chief Minister Neibhiu Rio said at least 26 people were killed in the Dimapur blasts and another 86 were in hospital. "The death toll may go up as many are in a very critical condition," he said.

"This is the worst ever terrorist strike in Nagaland. People are still dealing with the shock -- they're not yet thinking about who to blame."

Mourners crowded churches across Nagaland, which is mostly Christian, to pray for the victims.

The blasts were the second major burst of violence in the northeast since mid-August. Fifteen people, many of them children, were killed in a rebel attack on an Independence Day parade in Assam August 15 for which the United Liberation Front of Asom claimed responsibility.

The armed insurgency in Nagaland began soon after much of the local population converted to Christianity. Many militant groups, seeking to secede from India to form an independent Christian state, are funded and armed by the Southern Baptist Church. Some of the groups such as the National Liberation Front of Tripura have been involved in a campaign of “gunpoint conversions” and “ethnic cleansing” of native non-Christians, which has left over 50,000 dead and many more refugees over the past two decades.

http://www.stephen-knapp.com/christian_terrorists_kill_44.htm
Re: Atefeh Sahaaleh; "protecting" Muslim Women By Hanging! by Aggressa(m): 3:48pm On Dec 06, 2006
JosBoy4Lif:

The armed insurgency in Nagaland began soon after much of the local population converted to Christianity. Many militant groups, seeking to secede from India to form an independent Christian state, are funded and armed by the Southern Baptist Church. Some of the groups such as the National Liberation Front of Tripura have been involved in a campaign of “gunpoint conversions” and “ethnic cleansing” of native non-Christians, which has left over 50,000 dead and many more refugees over the past two decades.

http://www.stephen-knapp.com/christian_terrorists_kill_44.htm

grin grin
This is a laughable and inglorious attempt to 'balance' views on terrorism, my dear. I wonder why your 'story' above is not consistent with the commonly reported version or stories of persecution and killings of Christians in India by almost all media outlets,,,,,,,,oh, those one must be 'western biased media.' The power of consistency is one of the easiest tools to discern the truth, even to an untrained mind. So to get a story of 'Christian terrorism' you posted the writings of Stephen Knapp, an apostle of "Verdic culture and Eastern Philosophy." Indeed, this is a 'politically-correct' (i.e deceitful) expose, if I may borrow an analogy used by somebody: It is just like trying to get the 'truth' about Biafra, you get your information from the website of MASSOB.
Re: Atefeh Sahaaleh; "protecting" Muslim Women By Hanging! by Bolarge(m): 4:16pm On Dec 06, 2006
This is so,so sad. cry cry
Re: Atefeh Sahaaleh; "protecting" Muslim Women By Hanging! by belloti(m): 12:29pm On Dec 07, 2006
David is just looking out for ways to ridicule islam. Its quite unfortunate and pathetic. You are also talking to the wrong audience
Re: Atefeh Sahaaleh; "protecting" Muslim Women By Hanging! by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 07, 2006
belloti:

David is just looking out for ways to ridicule islam. Its quite unfortunate and pathetic. You are also talking to the wrong audience

My dear, remove your head from the sand! I dont need to "search for ways to ridicule Islam" Islam is a ridicule to itself. What is unfortunate and pathetic is NOT the post but the barbaric manner in which a 16 yr old girl was hanged in public by aged men for the simple "crime" of breaching the rules on chastity!!! Whose chastity?

Stop trying to remove the mote in others eyes when u have a log firmly wedged in yours. Your first reaction shld not be the "pathetic" nature of the post but trying to answer the questions that your evil religion has raised!

did you read the story yourself? Only a cold and heartless individual will feel aught but sorrow and holy anger at those who choose to hang children in public!!
Re: Atefeh Sahaaleh; "protecting" Muslim Women By Hanging! by mrpataki(m): 5:49pm On Dec 07, 2006
well said davidylan
next time thought you do tell us what you had in my mind with the story right away rather than just doing a cut andpaste thing and leaving it that way
Re: Atefeh Sahaaleh; "protecting" Muslim Women By Hanging! by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 07, 2006
sad sad story,heard of it a while ago.
Allah is indeed "merciful"
Re: Atefeh Sahaaleh; "protecting" Muslim Women By Hanging! by darlingbas(m): 8:07pm On Dec 07, 2006
Joke apart, there's something that just doesn't feel right about muslim religion, dont get me wrong i love muslims, but something is just wrong about the religion, i don't know
Re: Atefeh Sahaaleh; "protecting" Muslim Women By Hanging! by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 07, 2006
thanks
@ mrpataki

I watched the 1hr documentary on this bestial killing on Documentary times this week and i could not believe i was just coming across it for the first time!
How could a girl be taken away where she was cooking for her aged grandparents to be hanged in public?

For what offence?
- having a sharp tongue
- throwing her shoes at the imam who was interogating her
- removing her hijab in her frustration at the false charges brought against her by anonymous accusers
- for being raped at 13 by a 50 yr old man!!!

Who were the adults who gathered at the market square to watch the hanging of this child? Do they have a soul? Some of them were even clapping and chanting in glee? shocked What kind of religion is this that makes men unable to see the tragedy in their actions?

What kind of religion is this that the man who raped this girl was present at the hanging? What sort of religion is this that this rapist got away with lashes of the cane while this poor kid with her future before her had to be hung by a crane in the presence of little children?

What sort of "beautiful and peaceful" religion is this that flogs the "truth" out of a mere child and a girl for that matter?
What sort of laws are this that institute rape as a crime against chastity ONLY for the female victim?
Re: Atefeh Sahaaleh; "protecting" Muslim Women By Hanging! by Aggressa(m): 10:21pm On Dec 07, 2006
Guys,
The truth is that 'Islam is the greatest self-inflicted travesty of justice.' I said self-inflicted because most muslims submit to what they do not know. Muslims really deserve the pity, love and prayer from us, just like Jesus when he said on the cross "Father forgive them for they know not what they do."
The truth about Islam need to be broadcasted loud and clear with no 'political correctness'
Re: Atefeh Sahaaleh; "protecting" Muslim Women By Hanging! by gbadex1(m): 1:14am On Dec 08, 2006
Word. Read about it some time ago. Truly sad and tragic story.

Like a friend of mine once said, "Islam is a religion that only suits and caters for the men within its group. Women are treated like almost nuisances, subhumans"
Re: Atefeh Sahaaleh; "protecting" Muslim Women By Hanging! by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:37am On Dec 08, 2006
shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Atefeh Sahaaleh; "protecting" Muslim Women By Hanging! by Bolarge(m): 9:15am On Dec 08, 2006
My heart bleeds. . .
My heart bleeds. . . cry cry cry
Re: Atefeh Sahaaleh; "protecting" Muslim Women By Hanging! by mrpataki(m): 11:26am On Dec 08, 2006
@ davidylan,
thanks for the reply, i totally agree with all you have said.
Just a question of thoughts
What can be done to this religion that i refer to as the[b] harbinger of death[/b] called by the name of Islam?

It is very sad that one of the greatest problem in the world today is from the religion called islam very pathetic.
Re: Atefeh Sahaaleh; "protecting" Muslim Women By Hanging! by Backslider(m): 12:49pm On Dec 10, 2006
look and judge

Re: Atefeh Sahaaleh; "protecting" Muslim Women By Hanging! by olabowale(m): 3:12pm On Dec 10, 2006
@Davidylan, Havila, Babyosisi and co: Its unfortunate that all of you are deluded to the point that you are unable, because of your hatred of Islam (this hatred means nothing, though), to differentiate Islam from Muslims. They are two different and separate entities. If there are no human Muslims alive, there will still be Islam.Islam means submission. This include all that are created. It includes Jinns, Man and all animals and plants and Angels and all that are within the earth and heavens and beyond. All of these are muslims if they submit their wills, naturally to the Lord Who created. So when the Fig tree fruits because of all the natural elements and conditions for it to fruit, that is Islam. The book of Islam is THe Al-Qur'an itself with exegese of expalantion of it in deed, action, speech and allowance in the Sunnah of Saidina Nabi Muhammad bin Abdallah, Al Hashimi (AS).

You judge Muslims by these above. You do not judge Islam by the actions of the Muslims. For what is good can be deadly or implemented wrongly by an entity. This implementation is wrong and it is the entity that you blame, not what is good in the first place, which remains good, regardless of less than stellar costodian of this good. I will blame Muslims who do evil. I will not blame Islam, in the sense that if this people who have this good religion do bad, it means that they were very horrible in the first place and their hearts are hard. Can you then imagine if their religion was not Islam in the first place, how horrid they would be? A proof of this is the condition of the Quraishi of Makka before Islam. Islam softened their hearts and united them into one brother/sisterhood. All kinds of hostilities and evil actions and ways that were normal amongst them was eradicated. Inshort, they became reabilitated and became the shining light of the world. The renaissance of Europe and indeed, America is a daughter of Europe, was because of Islamic influence. This was when you had a few pockets of good Muslims.

I judge Christianity not by the action of the christians, expectially, if that action is contrary to The New Testament, the part that Jesus is claimed to have said. Even if only that the Muslims have given the Christians a fair shake. However, I judge Islam and Christianity and all other religions by their books, comparing and contrasting, employing good sense and sensibility and what the heart and soul could reconcile with.  If you think that we should judge Islam by the action of a society, especially, when it is tantamously opposing what is in the Qur'an and the Sunnah and the Hadith and the actions of the four Kullafah Al Rashidun (Abi Bakr al Sudiq, Umar Khattab al Shariff, Uthman bin Affan and Ali bin Abi Talib Karama Wajjah (Ussafullah), RA). Killing is not widely advocated in Islam. It is done to enact justice, in all cases, which is necessary, sometimes to keep a just society. But there is always a thorough judicial process. No one, including the judges and scholars who fear God and aware of the last day, will want to take a live. The live of all, man and animal are precious. This is one of the reasons that muslims are commanded not to even be involved in sport killing of animals. You kill animal for food, not even for its other valuables, which are actually secondary.

I was with friend just within the past two day, in a conversation, one of them said that some of the "soldiers" are going back for more than one tour of the war on "terror", because they are happy to have the chances and carte blanche to "Torture". After all, these people are less than human. They are Muslims, men. They are bunches of Ragheads and camel riders still living in the stone age. Lets kill them and bomb them back to the stone age, even further and we will make an example of them. They hate our freedom. They hate our christianity. They do not believe that our God died and rise in 3 days, from Sundown Friday to Sunrise Sunday! What a load of crock!

The african christians taken the cakes and the lead of hatred of Islam from their European brethrens. Yet, they do not have the mutions to wipe out the Muslims in Africa. Just imagine their action with this type of hatred, if Davidylan and co, I am trying to spare Havila the embarrasement because of his "HUmanitarian profession", will visit on the Barbaric Northern NIgerian Muslims, they call all kind of names. Oh, yes, they will tell the Southern Muslims to convert to Christianity or die. The same action that the Spaniard engaged in the Inquisition and to be followed by the Europe Unity led by the evil Vatican leadership in the many Crusades to Jerusalem. It is in this light and baseless mindset, devoid of any true knowledge that the Nazi Pope was able to quote an old fable from a lying Emproror, who could not tell his audience, when, where, how and with who (whom) the dialogue that the christians are eager to use against muslims took place.

I am sitting here, listening to Dr. Wayne D. Dyer on PBS. He was lecturing about The Power of Intention. However, he mentioned many religions, including Zoroastic religion. But he did not mentioned Islam in all several hours he spoke. He quoted the archievement of the Wright brothers' in the so called first flight in South carolina. But he did not realise, because he would not read anything about Islam, even though he will go as low as Buddihism, etc, that Allah had spoken about the ability of Mankind, in due time, with knowledge will be able to penetrate the sky. Today, you have Airplane, the space shuttle. But who know what will be descovered tomorrow? All of it is already in the Qur'an. I personally, do not care what the Christians or others say about Islam. I am very satisfied with Islam. I am unsatisfied with myself and the muslims, by and large. However, you will find a pocket, here and there of Muslims who are striving on the path that has no ambiquity.

@Babyosisi: When Havila was happy that I am going to be awy, by his Phewwww!!! response, why did not you raise objection? Anyway, this is just to lighen your hearts after making it heavy. I pray that every one of us, mankind all over the world, will receive guidance from Allah, The Only One Who can guide, before our death. That we die on the platform of true belief and good deeds.
Re: Atefeh Sahaaleh; "protecting" Muslim Women By Hanging! by mrpataki(m): 4:17pm On Dec 10, 2006
@ Olabowale,
To be surprised at your verbal slander is not a surprise to me at all, because there are many of your types out there,
I wont take you up on everything you have vibrated here on this post, but for just a few, i leave the rest to my other speakers to address your ignorance and foolishness.
I judge Christianity not by the action of the christians, expectially, if that action is contrary to The New Testament, the part that Jesus is claimed to have said. Even if only that the Muslims have given the Christians a fair shake. However, I judge Islam and Christianity and all other religions by their books, comparing and contrasting, employing good sense and sensibility and what the heart and soul could reconcile with. If you think that we should judge Islam by the action of a society, especially, when it is tantamously opposing what is in the Qur'an and the Sunnah and the Hadith and the actions of the four Kullafah Al Rashidun (Abi Bakr al Sudiq, Umar Khattab al Shariff, Uthman bin Affan and Ali bin Abi Talib Karama Wajjah (Ussafullah), RA). Killing is not widely advocated in Islam. It is done to enact justice, in all cases, which is necessary, sometimes to keep a just society. But there is always a thorough judicial process. No one, including the judges and scholars who fear God and aware of the last day, will want to take a live. The live of all, man and animal are precious. This is one of the reasons that muslims are commanded not to even be involved in sport killing of animals. You kill animal for food, not even for its other valuables, which are actually secondary.

Now when you talk of killing, really you are made up of bunch of lies. You want to tell me that when you kill for the 72women that awaits you in heaven then you are licensed to kill for that?? Or rather maybe maiming and child rape is what is advocated in Islam right? Why are the great looters(e.g Yarima of Zamfara, Sharia Leader), terrorist(take a look at the FBI most wanted list and tell me how many muslims top the chart) of the this world are praised and exalted for their sheer courage and shamelessness to commit such great and voluminous atrocities? For God sake look around you, see the bondage you are into, get out of the shackles that Islam has enslaved you into.
Which Allah are you professing that you all bow down to in Saudi because i don't understand. Ask yourself one thing, what is in that black clothed box that every Muslim that goes to Saudi Arabia to bow to, and yet you yourself do not know what is right inside that box.
Terrible that you have chosen to be your own greatest defeat!!!!

Killing is not widely advocated in Islam. It is done to enact justice, in all cases, which is necessary, sometimes to keep a just society.
How i wish you one one of your loved ones was in the that building or the plane on September 11. Maybe you will still open your gutters to utter some jargons out like this.

I will rather follow a way of life that tells me this is the way and i can actually go ahead to prove whether it is so or not rather than the one that tells you this is the way and don't you dare raise a voice as to why? Foolishness.
Re: Atefeh Sahaaleh; "protecting" Muslim Women By Hanging! by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 14, 2007
Backslider:

look and judge

and the poor woman in the picture had to go down dressed like a penguin too.
Do you also know this truth,that before these women are stoned to death,they are systematically raped by the guards and sharia police to ensure they end up in hell.

The Islamic teaching is that only virgins have a chance at paradise and to make sure these women are guaranteed the hottest part of hell for their sins here on earth,they must not be killed without being disvirgined.

What a sick,revolting religion.

(1) (Reply)

What's The Best Time To Recite Surat Kahf On Friday? / Ruling On Removing Hair On The Ear With Fire / Does Undertaking Covid-19 Test Whilst Fasting Affect The Validity Of The Fast?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.