Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,489 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Which Brand Of Car Has The Best Fuel Economy? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Brand Of Car Has The Best Fuel Economy? (48971 Views)

My Car Has Been Stolen In Maitama Abuja(photo) / 7 Myths About Fuel Economy / Most Fuel Efficient Cars – Best Fuel Mileage Cars 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Brand Of Car Has The Best Fuel Economy? by maco22(m): 6:58pm On May 06, 2007
its obvious a lot of pips just read things and post, the hybrid people, I dont know how many of you own one or have seen one in Nigeria, please let us give realistic views.
for me, the best car with fuel economy for Nigeria is the HONDA CITY,

I love big cars and big engines, for me nothing less than a V6, 2.4-3.5 gives me maximum driving pleasure but I can assure you that the Honda City has the best fuel economy, it comes in a small 1.3-1.4 litre engine but believe me it is excellent.
Am not talking about all the theory u guys have been downloading but I have used the car and there is nothing like it

1 Like

Re: Which Brand Of Car Has The Best Fuel Economy? by Ndipe(m): 10:57am On May 08, 2007
Just curious, how much is gas per litre in Nigeria, and how much does it cost to fill up a tank?

I dont know if hybrid has made its entrance into Naija, but Hondas and Toyotas are fuel efficient cars.
Re: Which Brand Of Car Has The Best Fuel Economy? by exotique(f): 12:32pm On May 08, 2007
@Ndipe
"A prophet is not unhonoured except in his hometown"
Re: Which Brand Of Car Has The Best Fuel Economy? by dakmanzero(m): 10:56am On May 14, 2007
65 bucks a litre. thats approx 48 cents @usd=133ngn

Hybrids arent worth it in naija because your nepa bill will hit the roof and/or you'll just buy the fuel another way to fill up your generator.

worse still the mechanics don't understand them.
Re: Which Brand Of Car Has The Best Fuel Economy? by seun001(m): 11:14am On May 14, 2007
with the level of hold-ups in nigeriaand also the bad roads,i think the best car is the toyota brand.cos it has economy plus durability.it can withstand different bashing that is inevitable on nigerian roads.honda might have been the best but the body work gets rough easily and cannot withstand panelbeating,so second is its place.then third on my list is the nissan.though dont think the nissan can stand water.cheers
Re: Which Brand Of Car Has The Best Fuel Economy? by awoof(m): 10:18am On May 15, 2007
Volvo 740 grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Which Brand Of Car Has The Best Fuel Economy? by Ndipe(m): 12:35am On May 16, 2007
The cheapest gas that I have found in my area is a little over $3.33 a gallon. The reason why I am asking is that a friend of mine back home is complaining of the high prices. I thought 65 Naira is not too bad, of a price, though exorbitant for an oil producing country. Does anybody know how much it would cost to fill up a tank?
Re: Which Brand Of Car Has The Best Fuel Economy? by Ivvie: 10:42pm On May 17, 2007
@ ZuluNation (m)

Toyota owns the hybrid technology. No car beats Toyota in mileage and it's the only car in the United States that beats the gas-guzzling taxes. All Toyota's and today, they happen to be the on top with the highest resale value. Honda's are light (doesn't weigh much) and that is where Honda Motor Company indeed cut cost.
Re: Which Brand Of Car Has The Best Fuel Economy? by angel101(f): 3:49pm On May 18, 2007
Ndipe:

The cheapest gas that I have found in my area is a little over $2.33 a gallon. The reason why I am asking is that a friend of mine back home is complaining of the high prices. I thought 65 Naira is not too bad, of a price,

when u earn in dollars yes.

to fill ur tank is 65naira multiplied by ur fuel tank capacity.
Re: Which Brand Of Car Has The Best Fuel Economy? by angel101(f): 3:51pm On May 18, 2007
anyone know the fuel efficiency of VW bug 2.0?
Re: Which Brand Of Car Has The Best Fuel Economy? by moondust(m): 6:33pm On May 18, 2007
Toyota cars are highly fuel efficient especially the new hybrids like PRIUS but I doubt if they're available in naija
Re: Which Brand Of Car Has The Best Fuel Economy? by Ndipe(m): 7:19am On May 19, 2007
Well, some peeps back home are commanding 3 million naira a year, so for them, the prices of gas is chicken feed.
Re: Which Brand Of Car Has The Best Fuel Economy? by Ivvie: 10:07pm On May 21, 2007
@angel

The cheapest gas is $3.19 for a gallon and that is terrible. Imagine having to purchase 21 gallons of supreme grade. It costs my friend over $90 to fill her Navigator plus she has to fill up every 3 days.
Re: Which Brand Of Car Has The Best Fuel Economy? by Ndipe(m): 12:34am On May 22, 2007
@ivie, it's her choice to drive a navigator, so I have no sympathies for her. Cut your coat according to your cloth.
Re: Which Brand Of Car Has The Best Fuel Economy? by Christino(m): 10:16pm On May 22, 2007
Talk of fuel economy, talk of the Toyota Echo, any day anytime. Honda City too cos of the Engine size.

Hybrids are already in Nigeria, Accord, Maxima and Camry are the leaders followed by Civic, presently the Civic has been reported to have the best mileage in Lagos. Toyota Prius is next and VW Jetta 2000 also.

Golf and Polo are also very efficient and Corolla, from 2001 upwards have been the most reliable, that's why most banks prefer to have them and lately Rio has also been efficient.

Prado Jeep is also one of the most reliable here in Lag, since 2003.

Some dude said Volvo 740? That's even better, go get an old Range Rover if you have nothing to do with money, na there you go hear am.

1 Like

Re: Which Brand Of Car Has The Best Fuel Economy? by goldieloc(m): 4:26pm On May 23, 2007
most fuel efficient cars in 9ja are v. wagens wink
Re: Which Brand Of Car Has The Best Fuel Economy? by gabufada: 12:49pm On Jun 05, 2007
The most fuel efficient cars in Naija are as follows:

BRAND NEW; Kia Picanto/Rio, Honda Civic, Toyota Corrolla, etc.
The truth is that cars with less than a 2.0 litre capacity consume less fuel than cars with an engine capacity of 2.0 litre and above. (And are not supercharged or Turbo-charged. Ur Golf GTI is turbo-charged) This even applies to European cars

MOST POPULAR USED CARS: Toyota Camry, Honda Accord (baby boy, hala, bullet etc)

But the most efficient to date are still diesel cars. Guy I no think say U'll love a diesel car; the engine noise and cost of diesel. Only the new and expensive ones make sense
Re: Which Brand Of Car Has The Best Fuel Economy? by sultaan(m): 6:41am On Jun 06, 2007
Volkwagen TDIs about 40mpg
Re: Which Brand Of Car Has The Best Fuel Economy? by sojioguns(m): 12:56pm On Jul 03, 2007
You guys need to be as practical as possible.
The most fuel efficient car on Nigerian roads today is one of the three below:
Toyota Yaris 2007
Kia Rio 2006
Hyundai Accent 2007

But there are other more efficient cars that I dont consider:
Cherry QQ
Kia Picanto and other Chinese cars like the Geely, which is a Toyota Corolla wannabe
Re: Which Brand Of Car Has The Best Fuel Economy? by kpomkwem(m): 4:54pm On Jul 03, 2007
To get more accurate info about the fuel economies (and other info) of these cars, check out www.edmunds.com.
Re: Which Brand Of Car Has The Best Fuel Economy? by tushman(m): 9:57am On Nov 28, 2007
dont go near a mitsubishi sigma angry

1 Like

Re: Which Brand Of Car Has The Best Fuel Economy? by NextProdigy(m): 10:36am On Nov 28, 2007
tushman:

don't go near a mitsubishi sigma angry

Word man! that car is a killer!~

1 Like

Re: Which Brand Of Car Has The Best Fuel Economy? by sultaan(m): 2:26pm On Nov 28, 2007
NextProdigy:

Not  that bad if you don't have the famous heater core problem.Thing  is its a cheap semi luxury car.

Fuel efficiency is mostly in engine size. You will get better milage from a 2.2l Camry than a 2.5l Altima; but the Altima will be more powerful.

Picanto,Yari,City all have 1.3-1.7l engine.
Re: Which Brand Of Car Has The Best Fuel Economy? by Christino(m): 4:51pm On Nov 28, 2007
Soji Oguns is right:

Check out the top 10 for 2007, you'll be shocked to see a MINI and even an SUV.

http://lagosmet.com/car-talk/top-10-most-fuel-efficient-vehicles-for-2007-t8.0.html
Re: Which Brand Of Car Has The Best Fuel Economy? by Ivvie: 5:22pm On Nov 28, 2007
No car saves gas but some are wasteful. You'll have more gas burnt in a 6 against a 4 because there are 2 extra cylinders in operation.
Re: Which Brand Of Car Has The Best Fuel Economy? by sojioguns(m): 9:21pm On Nov 28, 2007
When it comes to fuel economy and mileage, there are a lot of things that come to play: Driving styles, whether you do more of city or highway driving, etc.
If you compare a Toyota Yaris and a Toyota Corolla for example, for someone with an aggressive driving style, the Corolla will easily match the Yaris, which has a technically higher mpg than d Corolla. This is because the Yaris, having a smaller engine, will always be at a higher rpm than the Corolla.
Re: Which Brand Of Car Has The Best Fuel Economy? by Midas02(m): 6:13am On Mar 20, 2008
nothing like good old Legxus grin
You only need a meal a day and no gasoline to waka!

1 Like

Re: Which Brand Of Car Has The Best Fuel Economy? by dgb4(m): 11:24am On Aug 25, 2008
what abt mazda
are they economical
Re: Which Brand Of Car Has The Best Fuel Economy? by lomaxbien(m): 6:20pm On Jan 04, 2009
HEY GUYS UP FOR SALE IS A HONDA (1995)BULLDOG, GOLD COLOURED EXTERIOR AND BROWN INTERIOR,AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION WITH A WELL SERVICED ENGINE AND A LOW MILIAGE.
A FORD WINDSTER 1999 .
DARK GREEN EXTERIOR AND A CREAM COLOUS INTERIOR,
AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION AND TINTED GLASS
BOTH RIDES HAVE FACTORY FITTED ACCONDITIONER AND JUST HAD THEM SHIPPED FROM AMERICAN.PICTURES WILL BE UPLOADED SOON.
FOR INSPECTION PLZ CALL 08038393151
LOMAXBIEN
Re: Which Brand Of Car Has The Best Fuel Economy? by geolabious(m): 8:16pm On Jan 04, 2009
tushman:

don't go near a mitsubishi sigma angry
NextProdigy:

[size=13pt]Hahaha
But Why can u giv ur reasons for thta[/size]
Re: Which Brand Of Car Has The Best Fuel Economy? by Jascobee: 10:15pm On Jan 04, 2009
IF U ARE TALKING ABOUT FUEL EFFICIENCY,TOYOTA IS THE BEST, MY 2005 TOYOTA COROLLA{AMER SPEC] 1.6L engine HAS ABOUT 50 LITRES TANK.

MY FULL TANK TOOK ME FROM LAGOS TO KANO WITH A/C, I LOVE THE CAR.
Re: Which Brand Of Car Has The Best Fuel Economy? by nattyman: 8:40am On Jan 05, 2009
My people, the best fuel economy car i know is Toyota Corolla - in fact no rival. I have used six different cars now (engine capacities ranging from 1.5 - 2.0 ltrs). The unbeatable amongst them is the 1.8 ltr engine Toyota Corolla (2007 model - America). Guys, itz superb. My wife just takes like N3k to fill up the tank and we beg the tank to run down so we could see our friends at the filling station again. Just go for it and you will be glad u did!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Plymouth Prowler Spotted At The Palms, Lekki (Pictured) / 7 Reasons Nigerians Will Buy This N160m 2017 Bentley Bentayga SUV. / Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.