Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,855 members, 7,820,979 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Nff Technical Committee Should Resign- Mallam Yola - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nff Technical Committee Should Resign- Mallam Yola (344 Views)

NFF Technical Committee Decide Fate Of ‘failed’ Coaches / JUST IN: NFF Technical Director, Amodu Shuaibu Has Died At The Age Of 58. / Oliseh: NFF Technical-Committee Members Resign En Masse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nff Technical Committee Should Resign- Mallam Yola by Yungchukzy(m): 11:41am On Jul 20, 2016
The volte face by the Technical Committee of the Nigeria Football Federation over the hiring of Frenchman, Paul Le Guen as Technical Adviser of the Super Eagles has been described as a huge embarrassment to the entire country which calls for the resignation of the members of the committee. A former director with the defunct National Sports Commission and Ciroman Yola, Mallam Abba Yola, who was furious yesterday over the handling of the coaching issue, wondered why the NFF would go ahead to announce the appointment of Le Guen as technical adviser when they had not concluded on terms with him. “If Barrister (Chris) Green doesn’t know the implications of going public on a half done job, how could Paul Bassey come short of short-changing Nigerians on an issue which the entire Nation is interested in. Why the hurry in making the announcement,” he queried. Not finished yet, Mallam Yola who also wondered why the hiring of a Technical Adviser should be done via a ‘Social Media Application’, added that “The Technical Committee as a clearing house should have made arrangements to invite all the applicants to Nigeria or arrange to meet them at a central location in Europe.” The former Chairman of Kano Pillars Football Club of Kano said that “Agreed that he (Le Guen) gave conditions, the Technical Committee should have first tabled those conditions before the NFF Board for consideration or otherwise before addressing the press. In trying to claim hiring of a world class coach the Technical Committee has brought out its lack of understanding.” Stressing that he was “at a loss” on the whole situation, he averred that “I think the Board should be excused on that (volte face) while the entire Technical Committee should be asked to resign honourably or be disbanded without further delay.
Re: Nff Technical Committee Should Resign- Mallam Yola by Icon79(m): 1:19pm On Jul 20, 2016
I totally agree with Abba Yola on this one. I have already called on the NFF Board to resign on my Twitter feed. Those people are a disgrace to Nigeria. Listen to me, no serious coach would take those charlatans serious anymore. Those have exposed their ignorance. Throwing the job open was a mistake in the first place. A serious organization would zero in on two or three coaches they're interested on and then reach out to them to discuss terms. That's how things are done in an organized society.

O pari

(1) (Reply)

Pls Dont Pass This Thread Without Opening It. / EPL 2016 / Join The Leading Fantasy League

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.