Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,770 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:35 PM

Fifa Ignore Nigeria Football Federation's Request - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fifa Ignore Nigeria Football Federation's Request (2844 Views)

Nigeria Football Federation offers Stephen Keshi N84million contract. / Enyimba Vs Warri Wolves Federation Cup Final 2013 Match Pictures: / Suspension Of The Nigeria Football Federation Provisionally Lifted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fifa Ignore Nigeria Football Federation's Request by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 15, 2009

World football governing body Fifa has ignored the request made by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) proposing that the Tunisia versus Kenya fixture of October 10 at Rades should kick off simultaneously with the rest of the continent's South African 2010 qualifying fixtures.

According to This Day, NFF had wanted FIFA to step in to coordinate the kick off times of next month's fixtures as the body is of the belief that an earlier or later kick off schedule could hand Tunisia an undue advantage considering that the result of one of the rivals would have already been known.

Nigeria will be hosting Mozambique on October 10 and will want a co-ordinated kickoff time with the hope that when they secure their home victory, it will keep the race for the chase of Group B ticket to the final day on November 14.

That is the very day Kenya would host Nigeria in Nairobi, while Tunisia would travel to Maputo to take on Mozambique. Late last month, FIFA had in a letter written to NFF and other African affiliates still in the World Cup Qualifiers, confirming that that it would arrange for simultaneous kick off times when the situation requires for such measure to be applied.

The letter was signed by Fifa Executive Director Competitions, Jim Brown. Article 17, paragraph 10 of the regulations guiding 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa states that Fifa has the right to change kickoff times, as the one fixed by the host association is only provisional.

In line with this, Fifa would definitely be opting for the coordinated final match day kick off time on November 14.

http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=11029

Nigeria sports followers what's your take on this?
Re: Fifa Ignore Nigeria Football Federation's Request by denony(m): 12:03pm On Sep 15, 2009
No form of tactise or manipulation could lead them to the world cup
they have failed and should accept the failure.

same time or different day is not gonna make any impact
how sure are you that you gonna beat Kenya?
Re: Fifa Ignore Nigeria Football Federation's Request by mekay(m): 12:11pm On Sep 15, 2009
The NFF is just making a fool of themselves;
Re: Fifa Ignore Nigeria Football Federation's Request by slowie(m): 12:17pm On Sep 15, 2009
NAija, naija, everything must be lobbied!!!!!!!!! abah
Re: Fifa Ignore Nigeria Football Federation's Request by KakiP(m): 12:18pm On Sep 15, 2009
Smart move by N.F.F but we could have avoided all this right from the beginning.

Our Boyz Sabi Party O!
Re: Fifa Ignore Nigeria Football Federation's Request by soccerprof: 1:16pm On Sep 15, 2009
i think that is the best decision for FIFA because i thk if the super eagles have won the match against tunisia, there be no reason for that kind of request. is the super eagles fault
Re: Fifa Ignore Nigeria Football Federation's Request by koolchicco: 1:17pm On Sep 15, 2009
Just chasing shadows.Na now una own World cup qualification start?Foolish and Hopeless NFF!! embarassed sad
Re: Fifa Ignore Nigeria Football Federation's Request by OvieE: 1:20pm On Sep 15, 2009
Thanks FIFA for not granting Nigeria what they request for. What goes around comes around. When Tunisia requested to shift the time of kickoff in Abuja because of their fasting, Nigeria refused, so why now begging. Nigeria do things without thinking of tomorrow. By the way, whatever hope Nigeria have of going to the world cup is over. They need to sit their ass down watch the games live from SA and try for Brazil 2014.

Tunisia, I welcome to SA and thank you FIFA for refusing to let all match kickoff at the same time.

What goes around comes around and you reap what you sold. Nigeria go and bite your nail hopeless country. Even if all match kickoff at the time, you still do not have a chance of qualifying because Tunisians what to do. So relax.
Re: Fifa Ignore Nigeria Football Federation's Request by izeek(m): 1:26pm On Sep 15, 2009
slowie:

NAija, naija, everything must be lobbied!!!!!!!!! abah

we sir are a lobbyist state.
we lobby for a living.
Re: Fifa Ignore Nigeria Football Federation's Request by KakiP(m): 1:27pm On Sep 15, 2009
but una dey harsh o una dey yarn like say una no want nigeria for world cup,
Re: Fifa Ignore Nigeria Football Federation's Request by OvieE: 1:33pm On Sep 15, 2009
Kaki P:

but una dey harsh o una dey yarn like say una no want nigeria for world cup,

Who want to watch a hopeless team in world cup. Do you think once you qaulify is over? No.
Re: Fifa Ignore Nigeria Football Federation's Request by emmydee(m): 1:55pm On Sep 15, 2009
Nigeria should simply face something else and forget about participating at the 2010 World Cup. I just found myself in a very stupid country.
rubbish!
Re: Fifa Ignore Nigeria Football Federation's Request by koolchicco: 1:57pm On Sep 15, 2009
emmydee:

I just found myself in a very stupid country.
rubbish!

embarassed embarassed angry angry,Ditto
Re: Fifa Ignore Nigeria Football Federation's Request by azeeza(f): 2:16pm On Sep 15, 2009
they are on their own.we gave the ticket 2 tunisians on a platter of gold.i will support d ghanian national team,since we can nt make it.i even swore nt 2 watch their match again because of wat i went tru after the match against tunisia in abuja.i no go come die of heart attack cry
Re: Fifa Ignore Nigeria Football Federation's Request by PAININASS: 2:20pm On Sep 15, 2009
Shameless country!,i will support England!
Re: Fifa Ignore Nigeria Football Federation's Request by bawomolo(m): 2:45pm On Sep 15, 2009
why is everyone acting like we handed tunisia the ticket. they are a pretty solid team too
Re: Fifa Ignore Nigeria Football Federation's Request by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 15, 2009
fools.their behaviour is laughable
Re: Fifa Ignore Nigeria Football Federation's Request by Nezan(m): 2:58pm On Sep 15, 2009
Lets be contented with missing out in SA by 2010. No need clinging unto false hopes.
Re: Fifa Ignore Nigeria Football Federation's Request by mrofficial(m): 3:06pm On Sep 15, 2009
[size=15pt]Thank God, no one is blaming the coach. If sick persons were the ones that played for Nigeria against Tunisia, they wouldn't play the way those stupid, idioti c, foolish arrogant fools have played.[/size]
Re: Fifa Ignore Nigeria Football Federation's Request by Chinwenita: 3:45pm On Sep 15, 2009
Permutation and combination again. The "IFs" for Super Eagles and NFF dont work out. We know that it is always a forlon hope. I think what they should busy themselves with now is on how to build a new Super Eagles with Samaon Siasia for better.
Re: Fifa Ignore Nigeria Football Federation's Request by ceej(m): 4:00pm On Sep 15, 2009
AMOS ADAMU and his comtemporaries at NSC/NFA should take a chill pill.they hve RUINED us.
What is AMODU SHAIBU still doing with Nigerian football.Which football training background does he hve.Bunch of nonentities.I pray God of soccer consumes them with his fire soon.
Re: Fifa Ignore Nigeria Football Federation's Request by bigben3: 4:14pm On Sep 15, 2009
loosers tactics again what a shameless NFA,NFF embarassed
Re: Fifa Ignore Nigeria Football Federation's Request by lawrence83: 4:15pm On Sep 15, 2009
okay am standing in for FIFA,

even if we grant u the request will you win the match?

and NFF says: we will try!

dem no even sure may be dem go win the match, dem de request for the same time

punch of useless people.

selecao all the way, make dem gv me enof samba o jare!
Re: Fifa Ignore Nigeria Football Federation's Request by unclebros: 4:29pm On Sep 15, 2009
We just like to fall our hands,
Haba, this is a disgraceful act, shows the guys handling our football issues do not even know what they are doing.

abeegi, make una helep me pray for Arsenal to win tonite oooh!!!
Re: Fifa Ignore Nigeria Football Federation's Request by scottN(m): 4:35pm On Sep 15, 2009
This is just d dilemma NFF wanted to us find ourselves in!
Re: Fifa Ignore Nigeria Football Federation's Request by sley4life(m): 5:04pm On Sep 15, 2009
nig fools federation(nff) wants 2 play an unorganized scam grin
Re: Fifa Ignore Nigeria Football Federation's Request by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 15, 2009
big-ben:

what a shameless NFA,NFF embarassed

NFA-no future ambition
NFF-no future focus,

are they not the same, that is the definition for the nigeria football teamĀ  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Fifa Ignore Nigeria Football Federation's Request by jidobaba(m): 6:05pm On Sep 15, 2009
ceej:

AMOS ADAMU and his comtemporaries at NSC/NFA should take a chill pill.they hve RUINED us.
What is AMODU SHAIBU still doing with Nigerian football.Which football training background does he hve.Bunch of nonentities.I pray God of soccer consumes them with his fire soon.
they will not ruin us by the special grace of God. We shall qualify in Jesus' name. tongue
Re: Fifa Ignore Nigeria Football Federation's Request by sley4life(m): 9:16pm On Sep 15, 2009
We need revolution in our sport sector. Ex footballers should run our FA because they are talented and have better understanding of the round leather game
Re: Fifa Ignore Nigeria Football Federation's Request by annyplenty(m): 9:16pm On Sep 15, 2009
Shameless buffoons !!!!!!

they only know how to steal money.
Re: Fifa Ignore Nigeria Football Federation's Request by mystikal(m): 11:42pm On Sep 15, 2009
smart move . . . . . . . . grin
Re: Fifa Ignore Nigeria Football Federation's Request by Otoks(m): 12:16am On Sep 16, 2009
Dat kind of footbal politices don't work anymore. It's time to face d reality dat we r already out of worldcup race

(1) (2) (Reply)

Neymar And Cavani At War After Horror Tackle In Brazil Vs Uruguay Clash (Photos) / Ticket Won / Sure Betting Tips For Today's Matches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.