Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,389 members, 7,958,104 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:54 AM

Liverpool Vs Debrecen (1-0) On Wednesday 16th September - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool Vs Debrecen (1-0) On Wednesday 16th September (1060 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Encounter?

Liverpool: 87% (7 votes)
Debrecen: 12% (1 vote)
Draw: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Chelsea Vs Maccabi Tel Aviv: UCL (4 - 0) On 16th September 2015 / Dianomo Zagreb Vs Arsenal : UCL (2 - 1) On 16th September 2015 / Borussia Dortmund Vs Arsenal : UCL (2 - 0) On 16th September 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liverpool Vs Debrecen (1-0) On Wednesday 16th September by mukina2: 11:12am On Sep 15, 2009
Vs

Debrecen’s Champions League run has already been going on for nearly two months. That’s how long it has taken the Hungarian champions to reach the group stage of the Champions League.
It all started in July when Debrecen entered the second qualifying round of the Champions League and were paired up against Kalmar of Sweden.Debrecen went through on away goals and then went on to face Levadia of Estonia. After beating Levadia 1-0 in both legs, they were then drawn Levski Sofia of Bulgaria, who they disposed of 4-1 on aggregate.So, now, two months later, Debrecen has thoroughly deserved its place in the Champions League group stage.The club is unquestionably smaller than nearly every other club competing at this stage of the tournament, however, they do have a few interesting players worth noting.
Gergely Rudolf, a former Nancy striker, has been scoring with regularity for the Hungarians having netted 20 goals in 41 appearances since his return to Hungary.Lorant Olah has also been fairly effective in front of goal, netting at a rate just under a goal every other match.Debrecen also have a trio of young Brazilians at the club who are well thought of.

Liverpool will welcome Debrecen to Anfield for their first group stage match of the 2009/10 Champions League season coming from a dominant performance against Burnley on Saturday.
Rafael Benitez will be happy with the 4-0 victory over the newcomers and hope that his team takes a head of steam into the match against Debrecen.Yossi Benayoun scored a hat trick for the Reds and has looked sharp since being given the confidence to start with regularity. Dirk Kuyt scored the other goal as Liverpool peppered the Burnley goal for the majority of the afternoon. Benitez’s men won the shots on target statistic 15-3.
Emiliano Insua continued at left back in place of Fabio Aurelio, although it is believed that Aurelio should be available for the upcoming Champions League match against Debrecen on Wednesday.
Alberto Riera played 90 minutes for the Reds at left midfield, while Ryan Babel was left out of the squad.
Re: Liverpool Vs Debrecen (1-0) On Wednesday 16th September by coolguyz(m): 12:53pm On Sep 15, 2009
we should take this to cleaners convincingly not any slom chance win - it wld rily help confidence wise in the EPL!

Y N W A
Re: Liverpool Vs Debrecen (1-0) On Wednesday 16th September by FBS: 1:07pm On Sep 15, 2009
Dafidi ati Golayati? cheesy
Re: Liverpool Vs Debrecen (1-0) On Wednesday 16th September by illusion2: 9:44pm On Sep 15, 2009
FBS:

not necessarily. . . these unknown small fries are usually the most difficult to handle. . .

I'll like to see us try out kiriakos on dis one wink

But as always :

[center]YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE kiss kiss kiss[/center]
Re: Liverpool Vs Debrecen (1-0) On Wednesday 16th September by proudly9ja(m): 12:03am On Sep 16, 2009
FBS:

Didn't David kill Goaliath?
Re: Liverpool Vs Debrecen (1-0) On Wednesday 16th September by Nobody: 12:03am On Sep 16, 2009
proudly9ja:

Didn't David kill Goaliath?

Oh you bet i did.
Re: Liverpool Vs Debrecen (1-0) On Wednesday 16th September by kliverpool(m): 10:19am On Sep 16, 2009
yea i hope LIVERPOOL will start well 2day.
but I'll like BENITEZ to still try BABEL
i like the guy and i think he is a very good player
but he need to get his confidence back and how can a
player get his confidence without playing?

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
Re: Liverpool Vs Debrecen (1-0) On Wednesday 16th September by illusion2: 10:42am On Sep 16, 2009
true bro,true
Re: Liverpool Vs Debrecen (1-0) On Wednesday 16th September by bgees(m): 12:17pm On Sep 16, 2009
Babel should play today.
Re: Liverpool Vs Debrecen (1-0) On Wednesday 16th September by tocdee(m): 12:34pm On Sep 16, 2009
My line up;

Reina

Johnson             Carra                    Skrtel             Insua

Lucas/Masch           Yossi           

Kuyt                                Gerrard                                 Riera

Torres

Babel and Aurelio to play at some point. Let's take this game seriously guys. Debrecen is currently on an eight-game winning streak!
Re: Liverpool Vs Debrecen (1-0) On Wednesday 16th September by illusion2: 1:56pm On Sep 16, 2009
Why play Yossi so deep? undecided
Re: Liverpool Vs Debrecen (1-0) On Wednesday 16th September by tocdee(m): 2:21pm On Sep 16, 2009
illusion2:

Why play Yossi so deep?  undecided

That for me is just a starting formation. Yossi will always roam forward while Gerrard could drop deep when we're defending. Also Kuyt could come behind Torres while Gerrard or Yossi moves to the right. The beauty of these three players is that they can play in any position behind the striker (this strength tore Burnley apart).

But I see your concern, perharps Gerrard should just play MC with Yossi at AM. I hate breaking up the Torres-Gerrard alliance though!

Re: Liverpool Vs Debrecen (1-0) On Wednesday 16th September by illusion2: 2:38pm On Sep 16, 2009
Not at all . . ,  Torress /Captain Fantastic are where they should be. . . .  I would prefer Yossi/Reira swap places for an offensive minded game or bring in Lucas (for Reira) into that position for a more cautious approach. . . . wink
Re: Liverpool Vs Debrecen (1-0) On Wednesday 16th September by Olaolufred(m): 3:39pm On Sep 16, 2009
I believe my Team will carry the day.
Becos We always walk wt God on our side.
So, WE NEVER WALK ALONE.
Re: Liverpool Vs Debrecen (1-0) On Wednesday 16th September by illusion2: 6:31pm On Sep 16, 2009
Olaolufred:

I believe my Team will carry the day.
Becos We always walk wt God on our side.
So, WE NEVER WALK ALONE.
welcome bro. . . .join us on the Liverpool thread subsequently. . . wink

[center]
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE kiss kiss kiss[/center]
Re: Liverpool Vs Debrecen (1-0) On Wednesday 16th September by saintpaul1: 6:33pm On Sep 16, 2009
Hi, I pray for you Guys to win even if am not your fan but Barcelona. xlam
Re: Liverpool Vs Debrecen (1-0) On Wednesday 16th September by chic2pimp(m): 8:03pm On Sep 16, 2009
Scousers where una dey nah? undecided grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Debrecen (1-0) On Wednesday 16th September by tocdee(m): 8:45pm On Sep 16, 2009
chic2pimp:

Scousers where una dey nah? undecided grin grin grin grin grin

We're just watching the match. Half time now. And the Reds up 1 nil courtesy of deadly Dirk. However, I hope the reds play better during the 2nd half. They've been wasteful so far.
Re: Liverpool Vs Debrecen (1-0) On Wednesday 16th September by tocdee(m): 9:44pm On Sep 16, 2009
What a truly horrible performance!! Job done. tongue
Re: Liverpool Vs Debrecen (1-0) On Wednesday 16th September by illusion2: 10:21pm On Sep 16, 2009
I knew it was going to be an awkward/difficult game.
the fact is the Hungarians relative unknowns in Europe & its not easy stepping up one's game against such sides.

I'm sure the return leg in Hungary would be a different ball game. . .

We're on top & still have a lot to do.

Congrats to the gaffer(Rafa) on winning his 300th game in charge of the Reds. . . . . cool cool cool

[center]YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE kiss kiss kiss[/center]
Re: Liverpool Vs Debrecen (1-0) On Wednesday 16th September by bgees(m): 4:35am On Sep 17, 2009
Sure it was difficult. Debrecen don't look like pushovers afterall. But I still think it is as result of playing Gerrard deep in the midfield. Perhaps, if Masch had started and Gerrard had resumed his forward partnershp with Torres ,it would have been different.

I hope we win this tournament, its been so long since the Miracle of Istanbul.

Y. N. W. A!
Re: Liverpool Vs Debrecen (1-0) On Wednesday 16th September by Borat1: 9:10am On Sep 17, 2009
Liverpool are doomed, Surely
Re: Liverpool Vs Debrecen (1-0) On Wednesday 16th September by illusion2: 9:12am On Sep 17, 2009
~Borat~:

Liverpool are doomed, Surely
[center][quote][/quote] *Lets just ignore the MTF* angry[/center]
Re: Liverpool Vs Debrecen (1-0) On Wednesday 16th September by tocdee(m): 10:06am On Sep 17, 2009
~Borat~:

Borat is desperate, Surely

There. Fixed for you. Now go to school.

(1) (Reply)

Sunderland Vs Manchester City @ 3.00 0'clock Gmt today / Ronaldinho Vs Messi And C.ronaldo / Nobody Loves Me- Cristiano Ronaldo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.