Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,843 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

MTN And Their 'One Chance' Promos (pics) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN And Their 'One Chance' Promos (pics) (1481 Views)

MTN And Glo New Way Of Ripping Customers / Official Thread: Phone Promos And Giveaways(of Any Brand), Lets Be Informed.. / MTN And 9MOBILE Cheap Data Bundle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN And Their 'One Chance' Promos (pics) by Conner44: 2:49am On Jul 21, 2016
I was working late into the night and my internet data got exhausted. I needed to finish what i was working on so i started looking for an alternative.

I had an etisalat and mtn sim, i since etisalat was not too strong in my area i decided to instead look towards renewing my MTN data subscription. As i was checking my call credit balance i once again saw a promo which MTN had been offering which i earlier ignored. Since i only had to save the work and upload to my dropbox i opted for their advertised promo. I called up a friend at this unholy hour and he sent me some airtime.

I loaded the required N500 and then proceeded to activate my MTN awoof bundle but alas, MTN reminded me that their own things dey usually get 'K' leg. The darned USSD code will not even work at all . . . i mean, this is something they had been advertising for weeks.

Now i am stuck and will go to bed angry. Tomorrow morning any MTN call centre agent i call up and abuse should forgive me.

Re: MTN And Their 'One Chance' Promos (pics) by Nobody: 5:09am On Jul 21, 2016
Lol....MTN promo...na like devil promo
Re: MTN And Their 'One Chance' Promos (pics) by pinkyruledworld(m): 8:29am On Jul 21, 2016
Even their beta talk 200% bonus wch u can use to call all networks is now for MTN ONLY. noticed this morning.
Re: MTN And Their 'One Chance' Promos (pics) by Conner44: 8:50am On Jul 21, 2016
Can you imagine that i called them up this morning and a call centre assistant informed me (after allegedly cross checking the info available to him) that the promo was wrong. He told me that it was only valid for 7 days against the 14 days i saw on the advert and that the same USSD code is correct.

I told him the code is not working for me and i am seeing an advertised validity of 14days, but he wont believe me. He started asking many unnecessary questions like what plan i am on e.t.c . He said i should load extra N500 and opt for the N1000 plan which gives 300MB and N3,500 to call all networks valid for 14 days if the validity was my issue . . . imagine! that i should play 'baba-ijebu' on their network again oh! after the last USSD code didnt work?

He then told me that if the USSD code was giving me an eror i could still send a message to activate the same promo on my sim. The code i was given was to send 'V300' to 131 FOR THE SAME ADVERT OH (minus 7 days validity as it was a mistake from their part). Okay na, i then sent the message after i hung up and literally DIED of RAGE. See the screenshot below to see what the robbers gave me and took my N500 (after advertizing thrash)

long story short . . . MTN are thieves and have confused fellows handling their adverts and promos. I just called customer care again to complain but got another random guy, i was so livid i cussed the guy and hung up.

I don port go AIRTEL for now, at least these ones no dey lie lie anyhow

Re: MTN And Their 'One Chance' Promos (pics) by pinkyruledworld(m): 10:11am On Jul 21, 2016
if the govt/ncc who's supposed to be fighting for/ protecting us are robbing is, why wont mtn robb us too and the most annoying part is that, most of their executives are Nigerians. well we got.no choice atleast till the system.is better or when I launch my.telecommunication company
Re: MTN And Their 'One Chance' Promos (pics) by teekay213(m): 2:10pm On Jul 21, 2016
I HATE MTN WITH PASSION.na jejely dey rest on my bed when a mtn messege enter my phone from wowweekend,recharge N500 and get free 1gb.me wey need data b4 i quickly went to buy,i recharge N600 and they gave me 100mb.the cc was confused talking rubbish.mtn na scam.
Re: MTN And Their 'One Chance' Promos (pics) by osenbarak: 6:22pm On Jul 21, 2016
loool I think mtn should be sued
Re: MTN And Their 'One Chance' Promos (pics) by Flashh: 6:37pm On Jul 21, 2016
osenbarak:
loool I think mtn should be sued
I even thought they would learn after they were fined. They have more money to dash NCC sha.

1 Like

Re: MTN And Their 'One Chance' Promos (pics) by osenbarak: 7:06pm On Jul 21, 2016
Flashh:
I even thought they would learn after they were fined. They have more money to dash NCC sha.
NCC should put MTN on probation
Re: MTN And Their 'One Chance' Promos (pics) by Flashh: 7:51pm On Jul 21, 2016
osenbarak:
NCC should put MTN on probation
If someone reports them to NCC. More free money for (NCC) again. cheesy
Re: MTN And Their 'One Chance' Promos (pics) by Conner44: 6:36am On Jul 22, 2016
Flashh:
If someone reports them to NCC. More free money for (NCC) again. cheesy

what about us? is there no way we can get the free money too?

NCC self get as their own wahala be, them and MTN are now like husband and wife. Everyday dragging MTN for money as if NCC wan take the money go market go buy food stuffs
Re: MTN And Their 'One Chance' Promos (pics) by Flashh: 9:05am On Jul 22, 2016
Conner44:

what about us? is there no way we can get the free money too?
Forget it, 1 kobo won't get to us from that money. grin

NCC self get as their own wahala be, them and MTN are now like husband and wife. Everyday dragging MTN for money as if NCC wan take the money go market go buy food stuffs
This country will never be delivered from corruption. They are even collecting demanding for it like it's their birthright.

What baffles me most, the masses don't even know where they money goes. We are just being cheated by the frauds who calls themselves leaders in this country(Nigeria).
Re: MTN And Their 'One Chance' Promos (pics) by Conner44: 11:50am On Oct 04, 2016
Flashh:
Forget it, 1 kobo won't get to us from that money. grin

This country will never be delivered from corruption. They are even collecting demanding for it like it's their birthright.

What baffles me most, the masses don't even know where they money goes. We are just being cheated by the frauds who calls themselves leaders in this country(Nigeria).

That last NCC fine against MTN was how many billion abi trillion again?

And truly I don't know where the money NCC received is used for but I know it goes to our government
Re: MTN And Their 'One Chance' Promos (pics) by Flashh: 9:06pm On Oct 05, 2016
Conner44:

That last NCC fine against MTN was how many billion abi trillion again?

And truly I don't know where the money NCC received is used for but I know it goes to our government

It would surely go to government, because NCC is Government. It would have been shared within themselves.

I heard MTN hasn't paid everything; which means, more money left for governments, that will go into their pockets.

Thieves!

(1) (Reply)

Are Windows Phones Finally Dead And Gone? / A Durable Phone Of 75,000 For An Elder Sister / Samsung SGH-M919 Screen For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.