Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,536 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Uniform Resource Locator (URL) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Uniform Resource Locator (URL) (491 Views)

Google Is Shutting Down Its URL Shortening Service / The Website That Turns Your URL To A Mobile Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Uniform Resource Locator (URL) by omotroyz(m): 1:41pm On Jul 21, 2016
Please someone should tell me the functions of URL.
Re: Uniform Resource Locator (URL) by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 29, 2016
omotroyz:
Please someone should tell me the functions of URL.
Hello Omotroyz, URL stands for Uniform Resource Locator. But recently, the use of URI has become popular. URI stands for Uniform Resource Identifier. Both URL and URI mean the same thing and can be used interchangeably.
Basically, the function of the URL/URI is to locate specific pages of a website.
For example, let us assume my domain name is www.demo.com and I have the following pages:
1. about.html
2. customers.html
Now, to Locate my about.html page, I will type the following address in my browser address bar:
http://demo.com/about.html
Similarly, to Locate my customers.html page, I will have to type this:
http://demo.com/customers.html
Those parts of the addresses that begin with /about.html and /customers.html respectively are called URL's or URI's. Notice the / character.
Hope it clarifies...
Re: Uniform Resource Locator (URL) by omotroyz(m): 8:31am On Jul 30, 2016
Laive:

Hope it clarifies...
yes it does.
thanks a ton.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Sell My Articles, Any Blogger Interested? / My Website Is Not Running Since 3:24pm / Best Alternative To Google Adsense For Blog/site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.