Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,922 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

How I Was Scammed In A Job Invitation Today. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Was Scammed In A Job Invitation Today. (978 Views)

How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel / Job Invitation Confirmation.... / How I Was Almost Scammed In A Job Interview. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Scammed In A Job Invitation Today. by Treash(m): 4:48pm On Jul 21, 2016
I was in a bid to secure a better job anywhere in Lagos when I ran across a posted bill around Toyin Street, Ikeja. It requested for applicant who could work in a manufacturing company with daily payment of #3,500 after work. Though I was observing it might not be real but I gave a trial. When I called the number on d paper, a lady picked it and she directed me to come for an interview by 7:30am today. She never requested my C.V. In the course of deliberation whether or not I should attend, I called her around 8am the next day if I could still make the interview and she answered in affirmation.

When I got to the venue, the scene I observed was confusing, as it looks like young people were on the pitch, no company building,no sign post. While some people were lecturing others one on one, some were to train people to sing and do exercise (Like NYSC Orientation Camp). When a young lady at the entrance asked of my mission, I told her I was there on an interview of #3,500 daily pay job. Another woman was assigned to sit me down and start lecturing me on the object of the company. I was a bit confused. I wasn't too comfortable with the atmosphere when the lecture started. It was two hours after the interpersonal lecture started that I was told the company was all about promoting health Products and winning new members into GNLD and i had to pay #10,600 to be a member. No daily pay. No manufacturing company. My time wasted. Transport fare wasted. I just pretended like all was well. As I left in regret, I was held by a lady to fill the membership form. I filled it with a fake name, different phone contact and left.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Job Invitation Today. by Vanityupnvanity(m): 6:45pm On Jul 21, 2016
lol @ fake name an phone no.
tha'k God they did not succeed
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Job Invitation Today. by Didoris(f): 6:50pm On Jul 21, 2016
yea, av bn on dat time wasting lane too but I stood up 20 minutes into d brainwashing lecture , I didn't give them d chance to stop me as I didn't look back. MAY GOD HELP US
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Job Invitation Today. by onward4life(m): 6:54pm On Jul 21, 2016
Treash:
I was in a bid to secure a better job anywhere in Lagos when I ran across a posted bill around Toyin Street, Ikeja. It requested for applicant who could work in a manufacturing company with daily payment of #3,500 after work. Though I was observing it might not be real but I gave a trial. When I called the number on d paper, a lady picked it and she directed me to come for an interview by 7:30am today. She never requested my C.V. In the course of deliberation whether or not I should attend, I called her around 8am the next day if I could still make the interview and she answered in affirmation.

When I got to the venue, the scene I observed was confusing, as it looks like young people were on the pitch, no company building,no sign post. While some people were lecturing others one on one, some were to train people to sing and do exercise (Like NYSC Orientation Camp). When a young lady at the entrance asked of my mission, I told her I was there on an interview of #3,500 daily pay job. Another woman was assigned to sit me down and start lecturing me on the object of the company. I was a bit confused. I wasn't too comfortable with the atmosphere when the lecture started. It was two hours after the interpersonal lecture started that I was told the company was all about promoting health Products and winning new members into GNLD and i had to pay #10,600 to be a member. No daily pay. No manufacturing company. My time wasted. Transport fare wasted. I just pretended like all was well. As I left in regret, I was held by a lady to fill the membership form. I filled it with a fake name, different phone contact and left.

Sorry hw 4what happened God will locate a good Job 4 u. D day I had encounter with GNLD it was like 3D I thought I have gotten a job and I wud soon own my own house car and Shops in abuja. Only to informed that after paying as much as u dare and bringing Ten unsuspecting Nigerians like me into their phantom Society.. but the way u gave ur bourdillion address and boko haram fone number sha.... sorry I just Laughed...
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Job Invitation Today. by Jeloma: 7:31pm On Jul 21, 2016
Bro, hate to break it to you but you did a fvcking dumb thing. How would you go for a "job" interview where they never asked for your CV, and no sort of aptitude test was conducted? Alarm bells should have gone off as soon as the lady told you to come for an interview without even requesting to see your CV. You did yourself.

(1) (Reply)

Discover Samples Of Thank You Letters That Win Job Offers / Software Developers Wanted At Algorism Limited / Has Anyone Got This From WORKFORCE?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.