Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,453 members, 7,954,782 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:11 AM

The Reason Why You Must Export? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The Reason Why You Must Export? (1123 Views)

Business Tips: The Reason Why Nigerians Should Invest In Vegetable Plantation / Top Ten Reason Why Plantain Farm Bring Better More Income Than Cassava Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Reason Why You Must Export? by auxano1: 8:15am On Jul 22, 2016
Dear fellow Nigerians,
The way our country is going, we have to get seriously involve to improve it. And one of the ways we can improve this country is to start making global brands in Nigeria and export it to other nations of the world. You can get involve in exporting commodities.
If we still I have hope that one day Nigeria will get better,its high time to help our government to diversitify our economy,Because government alone can not do it. We can't put all hope in oil based economy.
My company is helping individual, organisation, and cooperate society on information, trainings, documentations,and Licenses obtaining in the area of exportation of foods And commodities, and also creating and marketing Nigeria brands globally(Made In Nigeria).
We can help you with your CAC registrations, and also help you obtain Export license.
For further enquiry, and also join our group on whatsapp, you can call or whatsapp 07055896391, or email bolajiabioye@yahoo.com
Re: The Reason Why You Must Export? by theEYe21(f): 9:00am On Jul 22, 2016
Because of more profit and less expenses
Re: The Reason Why You Must Export? by auxano1: 4:55pm On Jul 22, 2016
theEYe21:
Because of more profit and less expenses

For Profitability and knowledge
Re: The Reason Why You Must Export? by Pavore9: 5:36pm On Jul 22, 2016
auxano1:

For Profitability and knowledge

One does not need a CAC registration and Export license for everything exported out of the Country.
Re: The Reason Why You Must Export? by dav8id(m): 5:51pm On Jul 22, 2016
Pavore9:

One does not need a CAC registration and Export license for everything exported out of the Country.

one need it if he or she really want to take exportation as a business and to the higher level

I know there are some kind of small quantity of produce one can export without all those document but any business is suppose to grow from small to bigger ..

again must of the buyers now demand for documents before they can even discuss with you..
Re: The Reason Why You Must Export? by Pavore9: 6:09pm On Jul 22, 2016
dav8id:

one need it if he or she really want to take exportation as a business and to the higher level

I know there are some kind of small quantity of produce one can export without all those document but any business is suppose to grow from small to bigger ..

again must of the buyers now demand for documents before they can even discuss with you..

Goods worth tens of millions of Naira are air cargoed weekly from Lagos to Kenya without any documentation involved just as long as what is being exported is not contraband. Go to NAHCO shed at the airport and see the agents who are into it.

I facilitate goods being brought in from Lagos to Nairobi, l have my contact person in Lagos drop the goods with the agent at the airport before Saturday of every week and once the goods are verified as not contraband, N520 is paid per kilo then the next Wednesday l go to the shop of the Nigerian agent in Nairobi to pick up the goods after paying the agent $2.20 per kilo for clearance.
Re: The Reason Why You Must Export? by masties2(f): 9:09pm On Jul 22, 2016
[quote author=Pavore9 post=47792026]

Goods worth tens of millions of Naira are air cargoed weekly from Lagos to Kenya without any documentation involved just as long as what is being exported is not contraband. Go to NAHCO shed at the airport and see the agents who are into it.

I facilitate goods being brought in from Lagos to Nairobi, l have my contact person in Lagos drop the goods with the agent at the airport before Saturday of every week and once the goods are verified as not contraband, N520 is paid per kilo then the next Wednesday l go to the shop of the Nigerian agent in Nairobi to pick up the goods after paying the agent $2.20 per kilo for clearance.

I just started doing this as a business. But I send fabrics like lace and ankara over to Nairobi and this is the exact process it takes. Thanks Pavore. You always inspire.
Re: The Reason Why You Must Export? by Connoisseur(m): 12:06am On Jul 23, 2016
Pavore9:

For every rule, there is a blind spot.
What you ate not doing is informal export because everybody knows everybody in the supply chain.
Your contact take goods to ask agent, you pick up from the agent's warehouse.

Now factor in this scenario, a buyer in a country even you didn't know existed wants goods you could arrange, you don't have a contact person in Nigeria, nor an agent's warehouse in the country.
How do you do these goods and expect to receive payments without proper documentation.
Now that's the formal export and that's what the opposite was referring to. Even though anyone can get documentations without an agent like the op.
Re: The Reason Why You Must Export? by Pavore9: 5:11am On Jul 23, 2016
[quote author=masties2 post=47796785][/quote]

Glad someone has verified my post. Are you supplying to a Nigerian or Kenyan in Nairobi?
Re: The Reason Why You Must Export? by Pavore9: 5:24am On Jul 23, 2016
Connoisseur:

For every rule, there is a blind spot.
What you ate not doing is informal export because everybody knows everybody in the supply chain.
Your contact take goods to ask agent, you pick up from the agent's warehouse.

Now factor in this scenario, a buyer in a country even you didn't know existed wants goods you could arrange, you don't have a contact person in Nigeria, nor an agent's warehouse in the country.
How do you do these goods and expect to receive payments without proper documentation.
Now that's the formal export and that's what the opposite was referring to. Even though anyone can get documentations without an agent like the op.

I took care of view where in my first post where l noted "One does not need a CAC registration and Export license for everything exported out of the Country". For a new territory one needs the paper works.
Re: The Reason Why You Must Export? by Connoisseur(m): 6:59pm On Jul 23, 2016
Pavore9:

I took care of view where in my first post where l noted "One does not need a CAC registration and Export license for everything exported out of the Country". For a new territory one needs the paper works.

Actually you need licence to export anything out of the country, this licence helps for documentation and records purposes. When you give your agent your items in lagos,he uses his own name and minimum documentation to get it to you, that's why you pay some handling fees. Also anything can be exported without a licence whether by sea, air or land borders.

As with everything in Naija, this is the informal form of exports.
Re: The Reason Why You Must Export? by karlxavier(m): 7:12pm On Jul 23, 2016
At pavore, I sent you an email...
Re: The Reason Why You Must Export? by Pavore9: 7:45pm On Jul 23, 2016
Connoisseur:

Actually you need licence to export anything out of the country, this licence helps for documentation and records purposes. When you give your agent your items in lagos,he uses his own name and minimum documentation to get it to you, that's why you pay some handling fees. Also anything can be exported without a licence whether by sea, air or land borders.

As with everything in Naija, this is the informal form of exports.

Through the agent it is far cheaper, if you deal directly with Kenya Airways one is paying nothing less than $2 per kilo not talk of our customs and on arrival at the Nairobi airport, Kenyan customs is going to rip you off with charges but through the agents it comes in as consolidated cargo and mostly declared as spare parts. That is how it is done to export goods to Sudan, Mozambique, Angola, South Africa etc.
Re: The Reason Why You Must Export? by masties2(f): 9:48pm On Jul 23, 2016
Pavore9:

Glad someone has verified my post. Are you supplying to a Nigerian or Kenyan in Nairobi?

I am supplying a Kenyan woman.

In other news, I really need to start a small garden in a residential area in Lagos. No soil in the compound just cemented ground . I was wondering if I could do the sack bag thing or use plastic buckets. I am interested in planting just a few vegetables, pepper and sweet potatoes. What do you advice?
Re: The Reason Why You Must Export? by Connoisseur(m): 10:25pm On Jul 23, 2016
Pavore9:

Through the agent it is far cheaper, if you deal directly with Kenya Airways one is paying nothing less than $2 per kilo not talk of our customs and on arrival at the Nairobi airport, Kenyan customs is going to rip you off with charges but through the agents it comes in as consolidated cargo and mostly declared as spare parts. That is how it is done to export goods to Sudan, Mozambique, Angola, South Africa etc.

I agree with you
Re: The Reason Why You Must Export? by Pavore9: 10:48pm On Jul 23, 2016
masties2:

I am supplying a Kenyan woman.

In other news, I really need to start a small garden in a residential area in Lagos. No soil in the compound just cemented ground . I was wondering if I could do the sack bag thing or use plastic buckets. I am interested in planting just a few vegetables, pepper and sweet potatoes. What do you advice?

Are you using the dollar rate in your transaction with her or Shillings to Naira rate?.

Yes you can use sack bags, it serves as an alternative where hitherto one can not grow crops. There is a lady in another thread who is growing cabbages in sack bags.
Re: The Reason Why You Must Export? by BusinessHub1: 11:49am On Jul 24, 2016
Pavore9:

Are you using the dollar rate in your transaction with her or Shillings to Naira rate?.

Yes you can use sack bags, it serves as an alternative where hitherto one can not grow crops. There is a lady in another thread who is growing cabbages in sack bags.
You are almost on all thread, widely knowlegible as you are..rendering selfless and free service/ideas.
Been monitoring you for a while now and I must confess that YOU ARE A BLESSING TO NIGERIA, not just nairaland cos your helps has spread. God will reward you.
Re: The Reason Why You Must Export? by dav8id(m): 12:20pm On Jul 24, 2016
Pavore9:

then have you try this by exporting to others western countries apart of Africa countries ?

and let assume produce like cashew nut ,sesame seed and rest of them?

I see stand that there are many others goods you need paper to export them..

95 % of Nigeria produce are being exported to western countries not kenya
Re: The Reason Why You Must Export? by Pavore9: 3:31pm On Jul 24, 2016
dav8id:

then have you try this by exporting to others western countries apart of Africa countries ?

and let assume produce like cashew nut ,sesame seed and rest of them?

I see stand that there are many others goods you need paper to export them..

95 % of Nigeria produce are being exported to western countries not kenya

Go through my posts again.....I never insinuated in anyway that documentation is not needed l only highlighted the exceptions. After all when we export from Kenya to Europe it goes through a whole lot of documentations.
Re: The Reason Why You Must Export? by Pavore9: 3:32pm On Jul 24, 2016
BusinessHub1:

You are almost on all thread, widely knowlegible as you are..rendering selfless and free service/ideas.
Been monitoring you for a while now and I must confess that YOU ARE A BLESSING TO NIGERIA, not just nairaland cos your helps has spread. God will reward you.
Amen.
Re: The Reason Why You Must Export? by masties2(f): 6:45am On Jul 26, 2016
Pavore9:

We use dollar rates at the current black market price.
I will look for the thread, I really wish to start the sack bag farm. Thanks
Re: The Reason Why You Must Export? by Pavore9: 6:55am On Jul 26, 2016
masties2:

We use dollar rates at the current black market price.
I will look for the thread, I really wish to start the sack bag farm. Thanks

That is so good, l hope she remits to you via a USD account. Many Nigerians here are into the fabric business amongst other stuff since the Kenyan shilling has become strong as it now exchanges for 1 ksh to N3.70.
Re: The Reason Why You Must Export? by masties2(f): 7:19pm On Jul 26, 2016
Pavore9:

That is so good, l hope she remits to you via a USD account. Many Nigerians here are into the fabric business amongst other stuff since the Kenyan shilling has become strong as it now exchanges for 1 ksh to N3.70.

Yes. Just that exactly.

(1) (Reply)

: NIRSAL Guarantees N61.16 Billion Loans To Agriculture / Rabbits For Sale / Plantain Farming Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.