Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,078 members, 7,825,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Can I Root My Samsung Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Can I Root My Samsung Phone (2505 Views)

How Can I Root My Tecno Camon Cm Phone / How Can I Root My Infinix Hot 4 Lite Without Laptop / Pls How Can I Root My Tecno L9 Plus Without Using System. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Root My Samsung Phone by needhelp20: 2:47pm On Jul 22, 2016
I need help on how to root my Samsung phone
Re: Can I Root My Samsung Phone by elfakkawy(m): 3:01pm On Jul 22, 2016
needhelp20:
More details OP, which Android version is your device running? what model is it?
Re: Can I Root My Samsung Phone by needhelp20: 3:13pm On Jul 22, 2016
elfakkawy:

More details OP, which Android version is your device running? what model is it?
Android 4.0 samsung galaxy J1 ace
Re: Can I Root My Samsung Phone by elfakkawy(m): 3:21pm On Jul 22, 2016
OP, you still don't tell all the specifications. There are many variants of your device, So to make it easier for you and I, just goto MENU > SETTINGS > ABOUT PHONE take a screenshot of that window and attach it here.
Thanks
Re: Can I Root My Samsung Phone by needhelp20: 11:06pm On Jul 22, 2016
elfakkawy:
OP, you still don't tell all the specifications. There are many variants of your device, So to make it easier for you and I, just goto MENU > SETTINGS > ABOUT PHONE take a screenshot of that window and attach it here.
Thanks
ok

Re: Can I Root My Samsung Phone by dake40(m): 11:09pm On Jul 22, 2016
How can I root my Samsung s4 (gt 19500). I have tried several methods to no avail. I tried Odin but no success
Re: Can I Root My Samsung Phone by elfakkawy(m): 11:23pm On Jul 22, 2016
dake40:
How can I root my Samsung s4 (gt 19500). I have tried several methods to no avail. I tried Odin but no success
TRY THIS AND COMMENT IF IT WORKS FOR YOU OR NOT
Allow installation of apps from unknown sources on your Android device.
Settings > Security > Unknown Sources

Free download KingoRoot.apk on your Android.(https://root-apk.kingoapp.com/kingoroot-download.htm)

Install and launch KingoRoot.

Press "One Click Root" on the main interface.
Wait a few seconds until the result appear.

Try a few more times for different rooting methods if failed.

If still failed, comment below.

Note: you must have an active data connection

1 Like

Re: Can I Root My Samsung Phone by elfakkawy(m): 12:00am On Jul 23, 2016
needhelp20:
ok

Preparation:
- Charge your Samsung SM-J110H Galaxy J1 Ace Duos battery to more than 80%.

- Copy any stored data on your phone's internal memory, In case you want to keep them.

- It is recommended to do Factory Reset before installing the Pre-Rooted firmware.

- Install the Samsung USB Driver on your PC (If it is not already installed).http://d-h.st/Fy9v

- Enable USB Debugging Mode in your phone settings.

Downloads:
- Odin3 Flasher. http://odindownloader.com/download/odin3-v3-11-2
- Samsung SM-J110H Pre-Rooted Firmware. https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24438995911973722

Samsung SM-J110H Rooting Steps:
- Extract the Samsung SM-J110H Pre-Rooted Firmware, You will get *.TAR.MD5 file.

- Run Odin3.exe flasher as administrator.

- Make sure that only Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options are checked.

- Click on AP button and select the extracted *.tar.md5 file.

- Turn off your Galaxy J1 Ace Duos, And remove battery for 10 seconds.

- Put the battery back and put the phone into Download Mode.

- Connect the phone to your PC using the USB cable.

- Wait until Odin3 detects the COM port number of your connected phone.

- Click on Start button to install the Pre-Rooted firmware into the Galaxy J1 Ace Duos.

- Do nothing until Odin3 reboots your phone.

- Your phone will be rebooted automatically, So wait for it.

- When you see PASS! Word in green at Odin3 flasher, You can disconnect the phone.

- Congratulations, You have rooted your Samsung SM-J110H Galaxy J1 Ace Duos.

- Done, Now you have SuperSU app installed on your phone.
Re: Can I Root My Samsung Phone by dake40(m): 2:07pm On Jul 23, 2016
elfakkawy:

TRY THIS AND COMMENT IF IT WORKS FOR YOU OR NOT
Allow installation of apps from unknown sources on your Android device.
Settings > Security > Unknown Sources

Free download KingoRoot.apk on your Android.(https://root-apk.kingoapp.com/kingoroot-download.htm)I

Install and launch KingoRoot.

Press "One Click Root" on the main interface.
Wait a few seconds until the result appear.

Try a few more times for different rooting methods if failed.

If still failed, comment below.

Note: you must have an active data connection

Million thanks.

It worked like charm.

At every restart, there appears "custom" with an unlocked key. How do I get rid of this?
Re: Can I Root My Samsung Phone by elfakkawy(m): 2:23pm On Jul 23, 2016
dake40:

Million thanks.

It worked like charm.

At every restart, there appears "custom" with an unlocked key. How do I get rid of this?
Im glad it worked.
Can you please, attach a screenshot
Re: Can I Root My Samsung Phone by needhelp20: 3:21pm On Jul 23, 2016
haven't tried it but thanks very much for the bailout...
Re: Can I Root My Samsung Phone by dake40(m): 5:03pm On Jul 23, 2016
elfakkawy:

Im glad it worked.
Can you please, attach a screenshot

Re: Can I Root My Samsung Phone by nani667: 6:09pm On Jul 23, 2016
https:///joinchat/A3CC6ABFUCiCPyhB3rW1tw

Click the link and join the Samsung Galaxy Telegram group for Sharp 247 solutions to your issues
Re: Can I Root My Samsung Phone by casttlebarbz(m): 8:11pm On Jul 23, 2016
Pls y shld I root my phone ?
Re: Can I Root My Samsung Phone by elfakkawy(m): 8:43pm On Jul 23, 2016
casttlebarbz:
Pls y shld I root my phone ?
Op, it looks like you're new to Android. Anyhow this little explanation will show you, why you must root your phone.

[b]
10. Unlock Hidden Features and Install "Incompatible" Apps

Sometimes, even Android isn't open enough to give you some of the features you want. Either an app is blocked by carriers, hacks into Android's system files, or otherwise isn't available. Luckily, rooting can help with that: you can install carrier-blocked apps, get features from the latest version of Android, make incompatible apps compatible, power up your hardware, get features like Beats Audio from other phones, or emulate exclusive features like those on the Moto X. Whatever you want, rooting gives you the power to do a lot more.

9. Automate Everything
You've probably heard of Tasker, the awesome app that automates just about anything on your phone. You don't need to root your phone to use it, but if you're rooted, it can do a whole lot more. Certain tasks, like toggling 3G, GPS, changing CPU speed, turning the screen on, and others require root access. So, if you want to get the full benefit of an app like Tasker, you'll definitely want to root your phone.

8. Boost Your Phone's Speed and Battery Life
You can do a lot of things to speed up your phone and boost its battery life without rooting, but with root—as always—you have even more power. For example, with an app like SetCPU you can overclock your phone for better performance, or underclock it for better battery life. You can also use an app like Greenify to automatically hibernate apps you aren't using—perfect for those apps that always want to run in the background when you're not looking.

7. Block Ads in Any App
Look, we of all people understand the need for occasional ads—it's how we make money. But ads can also get in the way and use up data. If you want to block ads in certain apps or on certain devices, rooting is by far the best way to do so. AdFree, AdBlock Plus, and Ad Away are all great options. Of course, if you aren't rooted, going into airplane mode works in a pinch too.

6. Back Up Your Phone for Seamless Transitions

When you move to a new Android device—or restore your device to stock for any reason—you can make your life a lot easier by backing up your apps and settings first. That way, you can get your entire setup back in just a few taps. If you aren't rooted, you can back up a few things like apps and data, but you won't necessarily be able to backup system apps and their data, or automate the entire process as well as Titanium Backup can.

5. Remove Preinstalled Crapware

Titanium Backup is good for more than just backups, too. It can also uninstall that annoying, battery-draining, space-wasting crapware that comes preinstalled on so many phones these days—and, sadly, this feature is root-only. Freeze them first to make sure your phone operates normally without them, then delete them completely to free up that space. You'll be glad you did.

4. Tweak the Dark Corners of Android

If you're the kind of person that likes to fiddle with every little feature—both on the surface and under the hood—rooting is for you. Whether you want to customize your keyboard layout with something like Keyboard Manager or give yourself faster scrolling, improved multitasking, and extra themes with love-vendor My ROM, rooting gives you the power to tweak just about any corner you can think of. If you want to do it, chances are someone over on a forum like XDA has created a mini-app or tweak that will help.

3. Flash a Custom Kernel

Some of Android's most under-the-hood tweaks require a custom kernel, which you can only flash with a rooted device. The kernel is responsible for helping your apps communicate with the hardware of your phone, which means a custom kernel can give you better performance, battery life, and even extra features like Wi-Fi tethering (on unsupported phones), faster battery charging, and lots more. You can flash kernels manually or simplify the process with something like Kernel Manager.

2. Flash a Custom ROM
Okay, so you probably already know about this one—but it's one of the best benefits of rooting. A custom ROM is basically a custom version of Android, and it truly changes how you use your phone. Some merely bring a stock version of Android to non-stock phones, or later versions of Android to phones that don't have it yet. Some add a few handy features, some add lots of really unique features, and some change your operating system from head to toe. No matter what phone you have—even if it's a Nexus—we highly recommend checking out the custom ROMs out there. You won't be disappointed.

1. Truly Own Your Device
In the end, all of this boils down to one thing: you own your device, and you should be able to do with it as you please. Certain manufacturers and carriers try to keep that from happening, but with root access, you truly own your device and open yourself up to all the possibilities other parties try to block. Sure, there's some risk involved, and we don't usually recommend rooting other people's phones, but in the end, you can't put a price on true openness and control.

[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Can I Root My Samsung Phone by elfakkawy(m): 9:42pm On Jul 23, 2016
[quote author=dake40 post=47819298][/quote]
When does it appear?
Is immediately after startup or sometimes later?
Re: Can I Root My Samsung Phone by fasty: 3:59am On Jan 20, 2019
elfakkawy:

Preparation:

- Copy any stored data on your phone's internal memory, In case you want to keep them.

- It is recommended to do Factory Reset before installing the Pre-Rooted firmware.

- Install the Samsung USB Driver on your PC (If it is not already installed).http://d-h.st/Fy9v

hello Gigs,

i used odin to flash a phone (SM-t561), but it slatlk at the samsung logo during booting...
pls whats the way out.

Downloads:
- Samsung SM-J110H Pre-Rooted Firmware. https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24438995911973722

- Extract the Samsung SM-J110H Pre-Rooted Firmware, You will get *.TAR.MD5 file.

- Click on Start button to install the Pre-Rooted firmware into the Galaxy J1 Ace Duos.

- When you see PASS! Word in green at Odin3 flasher, You can disconnect the phone.

Re: Can I Root My Samsung Phone by fasty: 4:03am On Jan 20, 2019
elfakkawy:

Preparation:

Downloads:

hello Gigs,

i used odin to flash a samsung tab e phone (SM-t561), but it stalk at the samsung logo during booting...
pls whats the way out.
Re: Can I Root My Samsung Phone by elfakkawy(m): 7:00pm On Mar 23, 2019
fasty:

hello Gigs,

i used odin to flash a samsung tab e phone (SM-t561), but it stalk at the samsung logo during booting...
pls whats the way out.

Maybe you used wrong firmware files
Re: Can I Root My Samsung Phone by princemillla(m): 8:25pm On Mar 23, 2019
Just search for your phone engroot

ENGROOT for j11h

Flash with Odin. U r rooted in 2mins

Download this file

https://shell.boxwares.com/Download.aspx?L=3887

And flash with odin
Re: Can I Root My Samsung Phone by Ejadike(m): 10:16am On Mar 24, 2019
needhelp20:
If you have to Root, just use King root app
Re: Can I Root My Samsung Phone by Ejadike(m): 10:26am On Mar 24, 2019
elfakkawy:

Op, it looks like you're new to Android. Anyhow this little explanation will show you, why you must root your phone.

[b]
10. Unlock Hidden Features and Install "Incompatible" Apps

Sometimes, even Android isn't open enough to give you some of the features you want. Either an app is blocked by carriers, hacks into Android's system files, or otherwise isn't available. Luckily, rooting can help with that: you can install carrier-blocked apps, get features from the latest version of Android, make incompatible apps compatible, power up your hardware, get features like Beats Audio from other phones, or emulate exclusive features like those on the Moto X. Whatever you want, rooting gives you the power to do a lot more.

9. Automate Everything
You've probably heard of Tasker, the awesome app that automates just about anything on your phone. You don't need to root your phone to use it, but if you're rooted, it can do a whole lot more. Certain tasks, like toggling 3G, GPS, changing CPU speed, turning the screen on, and others require root access. So, if you want to get the full benefit of an app like Tasker, you'll definitely want to root your phone.

8. Boost Your Phone's Speed and Battery Life
You can do a lot of things to speed up your phone and boost its battery life without rooting, but with root—as always—you have even more power. For example, with an app like SetCPU you can overclock your phone for better performance, or underclock it for better battery life. You can also use an app like Greenify to automatically hibernate apps you aren't using—perfect for those apps that always want to run in the background when you're not looking.

7. Block Ads in Any App
Look, we of all people understand the need for occasional ads—it's how we make money. But ads can also get in the way and use up data. If you want to block ads in certain apps or on certain devices, rooting is by far the best way to do so. AdFree, AdBlock Plus, and Ad Away are all great options. Of course, if you aren't rooted, going into airplane mode works in a pinch too.

6. Back Up Your Phone for Seamless Transitions

When you move to a new Android device—or restore your device to stock for any reason—you can make your life a lot easier by backing up your apps and settings first. That way, you can get your entire setup back in just a few taps. If you aren't rooted, you can back up a few things like apps and data, but you won't necessarily be able to backup system apps and their data, or automate the entire process as well as Titanium Backup can.

5. Remove Preinstalled Crapware

Titanium Backup is good for more than just backups, too. It can also uninstall that annoying, battery-draining, space-wasting crapware that comes preinstalled on so many phones these days—and, sadly, this feature is root-only. Freeze them first to make sure your phone operates normally without them, then delete them completely to free up that space. You'll be glad you did.

4. Tweak the Dark Corners of Android

If you're the kind of person that likes to fiddle with every little feature—both on the surface and under the hood—rooting is for you. Whether you want to customize your keyboard layout with something like Keyboard Manager or give yourself faster scrolling, improved multitasking, and extra themes with love-vendor My ROM, rooting gives you the power to tweak just about any corner you can think of. If you want to do it, chances are someone over on a forum like XDA has created a mini-app or tweak that will help.

3. Flash a Custom Kernel

Some of Android's most under-the-hood tweaks require a custom kernel, which you can only flash with a rooted device. The kernel is responsible for helping your apps communicate with the hardware of your phone, which means a custom kernel can give you better performance, battery life, and even extra features like Wi-Fi tethering (on unsupported phones), faster battery charging, and lots more. You can flash kernels manually or simplify the process with something like Kernel Manager.

2. Flash a Custom ROM
Okay, so you probably already know about this one—but it's one of the best benefits of rooting. A custom ROM is basically a custom version of Android, and it truly changes how you use your phone. Some merely bring a stock version of Android to non-stock phones, or later versions of Android to phones that don't have it yet. Some add a few handy features, some add lots of really unique features, and some change your operating system from head to toe. No matter what phone you have—even if it's a Nexus—we highly recommend checking out the custom ROMs out there. You won't be disappointed.

1. Truly Own Your Device
In the end, all of this boils down to one thing: you own your device, and you should be able to do with it as you please. Certain manufacturers and carriers try to keep that from happening, but with root access, you truly own your device and open yourself up to all the possibilities other parties try to block. Sure, there's some risk involved, and we don't usually recommend rooting other people's phones, but in the end, you can't put a price on true openness and control.

[/b]
but one can't update anymore

1 Like

Re: Can I Root My Samsung Phone by elfakkawy(m): 1:38pm On Mar 24, 2019
Ejadike:
but one can't update anymore
That's not true, my phone is rooted and I do receive updates.
The problem is just that most people don't know how to do it.

Re: Can I Root My Samsung Phone by MONEY247: 2:24pm On Mar 24, 2019
elfakkawy:

Preparation:

Downloads:

Can also root my samsung galaxy grand prime G530AZ.
Pleeease bro.
Re: Can I Root My Samsung Phone by Jhonykilokaa776: 11:50pm On Jun 26, 2020
Download all Android USB Driver:
SPD USB Driver
MTK USB Driver
Re: Can I Root My Samsung Phone by Jhonykilokaa776: 12:21am On Jun 27, 2020
If you need Samsung FRP Tool then you can download from here..
Re: Can I Root My Samsung Phone by rivalavay(m): 11:04am On Jul 31, 2021
Can anybody help me out to use for this site: https://odindownloads.net

(1) (Reply)

Hands On: The Stylish Gionee P5W First And Ever Hands On Review / Your First Mobile Phone ? (pix) / I Want To Buy Tecno Spark Plus With 2g Ram Where Can I Get It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.