Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,386 members, 7,822,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 23/07/16 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 23/07/16 (663 Views)

Rccg Sunday School Manual(23/07/2017) Rapture: Purpose And Qualification / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 23/07/17 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 23/07/16 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 23/07/16 by dallyemmy: 3:27pm On Jul 22, 2016
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL..

DATE: SATURDAY 23RD JULY 2016

THEME: IT IS FINISHED

Memorise:

For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.
2 Corinthians 8:9

Read: John 19:28-30

19:28 After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst.

19:29 Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth.

19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

When our Lord Jesus Christ cried, "It Is Finished", He really did mean that it is finished. However, some children of God do not know the importance of that statement. Some believe that the wages of sin have been fully paid and so we are on our way to Heaven. Correct. Some people believe that all the misfortunes that came upon human race as a result of the fall have been paid for. This is equally true.
The problem we must however fix in our devotional reading for today is irregularity in the doctrine of the atonement of Jesus Christ. We must get it right and perfect.

Some believe that when Jesus Christ said "it is finished" He meant that He had paid the debt of sin in full and do not believe that they are missing a gem in the work of redemption. This category of disciples focus on the spiritual aspect of redemption, without paying close attention to the physical. It is needful here to say that the atonement of Jesus Christ is all encompassing- spiritual, physical, material, emotional, psychological and what have you.
For example, when Adam sinned, it was not only the spiritual aspect of his life that was affected; his career as a gardener was affected because he had to labour more for less. Even his wife had to undergo the rigours of labour at childbirth. In same vein, when the cure for sin came, it came in full. So, if you have been redeemed by His death at Calvary, I say congratulations because your ailing business, marriage, health condition etc are now redeemed!
The Bible says:
"For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.
2 Corinthians 8:9

The irregularity on the other hand, has to do with the belief in some quarters that because Christ has paid our debt in full, we can indulge in sin. This is not correct. Jesus Christ paid it in full to cater for actual and habitual sins. This is why the Bible says:
"Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest," 1 John 3:9-10a

On her encounter with Jesus Christ, the woman whose sin of adultery was forgiven her was told to "Go and sin no more." (John 8:11). So also was the impotent man that was healed by Jesus (John 5:4). Beloved, Jesus paid it in full for your deliverance from spiritual and physical calamities; sin, sickness, poverty and all, but He did not pay for you to continue in sin.

Prayer Point:

Father, I thank you for sending your Son, Jesus to pay the debt He did not owe on my behalf. Please let this atoning work deliver me from all woes of sin in Jesus' name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Ephesians 4:17-6:24 and Psalms 18:29-42

AUTHOR : PASTOR E. A ADEBOYE

HYMN 6: WHAT A FRIEND WE HAVE IN JESUS.

What a friend we have in Jesus,
all our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit,
O what needless pain we bear,
all because we do not carry
everything to God in prayer.

Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged;
take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful
who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness;

Are we weak and heavy laden,
cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge;
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
Take it to the Lord in prayer!
In his arms he'll take and shield thee
thou wilt find a solace there..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 23/07/16 by sholay2010: 4:11pm On Jul 22, 2016
WELL DONE, KIP D GUD WRK UP. GOD BLESS U

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 23/07/16 by dallyemmy: 12:07pm On Jul 23, 2016
Prayer Points on Today's Open Heavens: ( Saturday, July 23rd, 2016.) - IT IS FINISHED 

1.Thank you Jesus for the redemption of my soul from eternal destruction, through your blood that was shed at Calvary.

2.Thank you Jesus for becoming poor that l may be rich.

3.Father, I thank you for sending your Son, Jesus to pay the debt He did not owe on my behalf.

4.Father, in anyway, l have fallen short of your glory, have mercy and forgive me.

5.Father, let the atoning work of Christ on the cross of Calvary, deliver me from all woes of sin in Jesus' name.

6.Father, let every satanic deposit in my life and body be neutralised and flushed out by the blood of Jesus.

7.Father, let every enchantment and divination against my life, marriage, ministry, home, business, career, etc, be rendered impotent and of no consequence, by the blood of Jesus.

8.Father, release upon my life the power to turn away from sin and to turn to you in total repentance.

9.Lord Jesus, release upon my life the power to "go and sin no more."

10.Father, let every satanic limitation and embargo on any area of my life be lifted and destroyed, this moment, in Jesus' name.

11.No matter the position of the Nigerian and world economy, l decree that l shall eat in plenty and be satisfied, in Jesus' name.

12.I refuse to work like an elephant and be paid peanuts and l shall not labour in vain, without my due reward, in Jesus' name.

13.Father, let all my entitlements in the hand of government, my employer, organisations, man or woman, be paid, today, without any further delay, in Jesus' name.

14.Your Personal petitions. ( Phil 4:6)
15.In Jesus' name I pray.
(Jn 14:13-14; 15:16)
16.Thank you Father for answered prayers.
(1 Thes 5:18).
#GodBlessNigeria

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

How Life In The Spiritual World Is. / Is Jesus God? Did Jesus Ever Claim To Be God? / What Do You Think Of This Unpopular Prophecy On Us Election-apostle Saviour Kika

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.