Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

Amputee Soldier Who Lost Legs Due To Boko Haram Insurgnt, Cries For Help - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Amputee Soldier Who Lost Legs Due To Boko Haram Insurgnt, Cries For Help (715 Views)

Man's Legs Cut Off In Auto Accident As Car Rams Into Bus In Lagos (Graphic Pics) / Heartbroken Monkey Cries After Her Child Collapsed / Another Young Soldier Fallen To Boko Haram (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amputee Soldier Who Lost Legs Due To Boko Haram Insurgnt, Cries For Help by orijoreporter1: 6:01pm On Jul 22, 2016
A Nigerian soldier, Daniel Ekpo, a Sergeant in the Nigeria Army, has alleged neglect by the Army authorities after he lost legs to an effort to quell the activities of insurgents in the North Eastern part of the country.

In a letter written to OrijoReporter, Ekpo accused the Army authorities at the 1070 Division, Workshop, in Maiduguri, North East Nigeria, of wrongly deploying him to do a job he was not trained to do, which consequently led to his present ordeal.

According to him, “I was a Staff Sergeant under the command of 1 Base Workshop, MAEME, Yaba, Lagos. I was redeployed to 1070 Division, Maiduguri, North East zone, Nigeria, to fight the menace of insurgency that is encroaching the territorial integrity of this country, code named “Operation Lafia Dole on 16 September 2013 as a Light Aid Detachment.OrijoReporter.com, Boko Haram Amputee soldier

“I was discharging my duty as required to my father land until 9th January, 2015 when Damaturu, the capital of Yobe State was on attack. Immediately, we were called upon as a Quick Response Force from Maiduguri to assist the troop there in Damaturu and I was used as Armoured Personnel Carrier (MOWAC APC) driver for the task. I spent four months in Damaturu for the operation.

“On the 2nd April, 2015, we went for an attack against the Boko Haram in Alagarno, in Borno State, and on the 15th, while on logistic patrol from same Damaturu to Alagarno, where we have already captured the insurgents, my APC entered an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) which blasted my tank and in the process, I lost my left leg which was cut off, and I also lost the heel of my right leg foot, called calcareous bone,” he stated.

Describing his predicament as an offshoot of wrong assignment by his superiors, Ekpo said: “I sustain this injury as a result of wrong deployment. My Commander, Col Dimlong, and my Production Officer, Major Obembe, ordered that I drive the tank to Damaturu, Yobe State, while I am not a trained driver,” he quipped.

Ekpo, who hails from Umuana Ibeku, in Umuahia North Local Government Area of Abia State... http://www.orijoreporter.com/boko-haram-amputee-soldier-lost-legs-due-wrong-deployment-cries-help/

Re: Amputee Soldier Who Lost Legs Due To Boko Haram Insurgnt, Cries For Help by HungerBAD: 6:02pm On Jul 22, 2016
Following.

2 Likes

Re: Amputee Soldier Who Lost Legs Due To Boko Haram Insurgnt, Cries For Help by Thylord(m): 6:03pm On Jul 22, 2016
K
Re: Amputee Soldier Who Lost Legs Due To Boko Haram Insurgnt, Cries For Help by Young03(m): 6:06pm On Jul 22, 2016
uh
Re: Amputee Soldier Who Lost Legs Due To Boko Haram Insurgnt, Cries For Help by MrDude: 6:12pm On Jul 22, 2016
Really sad cry

But you're a soldier, not an average Joe like myself, your stalwartness will always keep you going. Peace!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

An Hausa Man Praying On The Road While People Watch / Haven't Seen This Sort Of Kindness...ever! Soul-satisfying Indeed! / Linda Ikeji Goes For Nairaland Users As She Launches The Much-anticipated LIS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.