Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,010 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:48 AM

NUGA Unpaid Allowances. What Should I Do Get Paid? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NUGA Unpaid Allowances. What Should I Do Get Paid? (524 Views)

First Bank Of Nigeria: Salaries, Allowances, Promotion, Job Details? / Would You Take This Job For #1,000,000 Per Month Excluding Allowances?(Photos) / Npower Unpaid February Stipend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NUGA Unpaid Allowances. What Should I Do Get Paid? by Yagazee: 6:47pm On Jul 22, 2016
I was part of TEAM NIGERIA to WORLD UNIVERSITY GAMES held JULY 3 - 14, 2016 in Gwandju, South Korea. Before leaving for the event, we signed an agreement to be paid $500 as allowance. We were paid $300. We planned getting the attention of the Korean Press for unpaid allowance but NUGA pleaded with us not to shame the country as it could have negative effects on the country abroad. We were promised balance ($200) to be paid home. It's a year now and no word from NUGA (Nigerian University Games Association). I can't let go of that money. PLEASE! WHAT ARE MY CHANCES OF GETTING MY ALLOWANCE PAID?
Re: NUGA Unpaid Allowances. What Should I Do Get Paid? by gsley: 7:14pm On Jul 22, 2016
Op bring dis case after next election because right one ear they pain dude nd u no say Apc broke.
Re: NUGA Unpaid Allowances. What Should I Do Get Paid? by Yagazee: 10:20pm On Jul 22, 2016
gsley:
Op bring dis case after next election because right one ear they pain dude nd u no say Apc broke.
so I'll wait till 2019?
Re: NUGA Unpaid Allowances. What Should I Do Get Paid? by CallofDuty(m): 10:54pm On Jul 22, 2016
Lalasticlala abeg..u know what to do..how person go do something finish for him country.. De no balance am..abi Naa SCAM?
Re: NUGA Unpaid Allowances. What Should I Do Get Paid? by Nature129(m): 11:59am On Jul 23, 2016
hmm
Re: NUGA Unpaid Allowances. What Should I Do Get Paid? by Valmesk(m): 2:40pm On Jul 23, 2016
Nature129:
With no apology to anyone, Nigeria as a country is notorious for owing workers and abandoning them afterwards. We often hear in the news how people who have served the country meritoriously have been owed salaries and allowances without how these people survive being taken into consideration.

I remember doing industrial attachment and my alma mater promising to pay us N15k afterwards, but I was paid nothing. As though that was not enough, I served in Rivers State and the then Governor Amaechi refused to pay us state allowances amounting to over N100k. Tomorrow somebody will tell you to do something for your country - the same county that has abdicated her obligations to me. Who the country help?!

OP, welcome to Nigeria. I suggest you gather everyone who participated in that game, still being owed, to form a strong force and lodge your complaints "as a body" at Ministry of Education, popular Nigerian dailies, and the EFCC.

If nothing is done, try to comlain at Femi Adeshina and President Buhari Twitter handles. If nothing is done too, then you move on like I did. It is not the end of the world. There are brighter days ahead
Nigeria is in a serious mess,presently the economy is battered,he can also contact SAHARA Reporters on their Facebook page,write to ICPC,EFCC but have it in your mind that you are in for a long battle.
Re: NUGA Unpaid Allowances. What Should I Do Get Paid? by Yagazee: 7:38pm On Jul 25, 2016
Nature129:
With no apology to anyone, Nigeria as a country is notorious for owing workers and abandoning them afterwards. We often hear in the news how people who have served the country meritoriously have been owed salaries and allowances without how these people survive being taken into consideration.

I remember doing industrial attachment and my alma mater promising to pay us N15k afterwards, but I was paid nothing. As though that was not enough, I served in Rivers State and the then Governor Amaechi refused to pay us state allowances amounting to over N100k. Tomorrow somebody will tell you to do something for your country - the same county that has abdicated her obligations to me. Who the country help?!

OP, welcome to Nigeria. I suggest you gather everyone who participated in that game, still being owed, to form a strong force and lodge your complaints "as a body" at Ministry of Education, popular Nigerian dailies, and the EFCC.

If nothing is done, try to comlain at Femi Adeshina and President Buhari Twitter handles. If nothing is done too, then you move on like I did. It is not the end of the world. There are brighter days ahead
Thanks bro. The most discouraging thing is that my colleagues advised I should zero my mind as to the allowee. That they did what they did to attraction attention from the world. Infact I learnt that 2 of us are with South African Olympic team and 1 with India.

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Vacancy For An Accountant An A School In Ipaja, Lagos / Vacancy In Abia, Anambra, Ebony, Enugu & Imo States / Ayade Gives 300 Applicants Employment In Garment Factory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.