Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,225 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Why Do We Repeat Prayer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do We Repeat Prayer (299 Views)

I Repeat It, Christians Defend urselves Against Fulani Herdsmen –Apostle Suleman / "I Repeat It, Christians Defend Yourself" - Apostle Suleman / Repeat Warnings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Repeat Prayer by LeProdigy(m): 1:37pm On Jul 23, 2016
Have anyone ever wondered why we repeat prayers? In church we are ask to pray everyday, atimes i even go out of prayer points. now this is the issue. example: In church we are ask to pray for favour, the pastor can make you go through that prayer point like 5times.
1 cant we say the prayer once?
2 Do we have to repeat and repeat the prayer? some even go as far as changing the verb just to prolong the prayer
3 Must we be ask to shout? e.g mountain of fire

Can`t we just say it once or twice. And move on. E.g I pray God bless me. Must I repeat and retwist the sentence "God bless me"
Warning: am not bashing Christianity. And please do not turn the thread to an atheist nd theist battle ground.
Re: Why Do We Repeat Prayer by squarelead(m): 1:47pm On Jul 23, 2016
It depends, direction of the HOLY SPIRIT differs.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Repeat Prayer by menxer: 1:51pm On Jul 23, 2016
It all depends on the Deity you pray to, if he is hard hearing and daft, you need to shout to be heard. grin

The Bible warned against "vain repetition" while praying.

Repetition serves to reinforce a concept or desire in your subconscious mind, just like a child learns by repeating a poem or alphabets, your subconscious mind manifests your desires the same way. grin

We were taught wrongly because, our "teachers" couldn't or were afraid to differentiate how God interacts with human subconscious mind.

PS:
Your subconscious mind is like your GSM number, anybody that has it can contact you and vice versa; It is the toll free line to contact God.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Repeat Prayer by kevoh(m): 2:52pm On Jul 23, 2016
That's because the Omniscient one who knows the future has ear infection and will only grant a prayer if you shout and repeat it many times.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Moral Dilemma: Can You Kill Your Mom If She Weeps And Begs You To? / Where In The Bible Did God Gave Them The Law Ot Tithe / Religion Preaches Forgiveness; Who Will You Forgive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.