Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Mysterious: Nigerian Family In London Gives Birth To "White" Baby - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mysterious: Nigerian Family In London Gives Birth To "White" Baby (2675 Views)

Four Generations Nigerian Family Photo / Lesbianism: Nigerian Family Disowns Daughter In Italy / 20 Pictures Last Borns Of A Typical Nigerian Family Can Relate To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mysterious: Nigerian Family In London Gives Birth To "White" Baby by Living4christ(m): 4:29pm On Jul 23, 2016
When Angela Ihegboro first saw her newborn daughter, she was “speechless.”

“She’s a miracle baby,” the 35-year-old mother said yesterday. “But still, what on Earth happened here?”

What happened is that baby Nmachi is a blond, blue-eyed white baby born to two black Nigerian immigrant parents at a London hospital.
–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

“The first thing I said was, ‘What the flip?’ ” said the father, Ben Ihegboro. “We both just sat there after the birth staring at her for ages — not saying anything.”

He quickly sought to dispel any speculation.

“Of course she is mine. My wife is true to me,” the 44-year-old customer service adviser said. “Even if she hadn’t been, the baby still wouldn’t look like that.”

Genetics experts don’t believe in miracles, but they didn’t have any simple answers to the mystery of baby Nmachi. Instead, they offered three theories:

She’s the result of a gene mutation unique to her. If that is the case, Nmachi would pass the gene to her children — and they, too, would likely be white.
She’s the product of long-dormant white genes, passed on to her by her parents, that might have been carried by their predecessors for generations without surfacing until now.
While doctors have said Nmachi is not an outright albino, or lacking in all pigment, they added that the child may have some kind of mutated version of the genetic condition — and that her skin could darken over time.

Source: http://nypost.com/2010/07/21/blond-bombshell/ http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/07/mystery-as-nigerian-couple-give-birth-to-white-baby-in-uk/

Re: Mysterious: Nigerian Family In London Gives Birth To "White" Baby by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 23, 2016
ummmh..... gene indeed....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mysterious: Nigerian Family In London Gives Birth To "White" Baby by TippyTop(m): 4:36pm On Jul 23, 2016
She’s the product of long-dormant white genes, passed on to her by her parents, that might have been carried by their predecessors for generations without surfacing until now.
How can they say a Nigerian born woman have dormant white genes?
Second time am reading of a story like this, in both instance the mothers just happen to be living abroad.
Remind me the last time you saw a Nigerian woman in one of our villages with blue eyed blond children.
DNA test exist for a reason, I suggest the husband use it.

1 Like

Re: Mysterious: Nigerian Family In London Gives Birth To "White" Baby by Tolexander: 4:36pm On Jul 23, 2016
Hmmm!

The baby wey me I dey see so no resemble whitee o. Na albino the baby resemble o. angry

1 Like

Re: Mysterious: Nigerian Family In London Gives Birth To "White" Baby by theSpark(m): 4:43pm On Jul 23, 2016
While I will go with whatever scientists say on the matter, I'll add that a paternity test should be done.

1 Like

Re: Mysterious: Nigerian Family In London Gives Birth To "White" Baby by yhemsy62(m): 4:46pm On Jul 23, 2016
The father should have the child [/b]
DNA[b]
Re: Mysterious: Nigerian Family In London Gives Birth To "White" Baby by isbish(m): 4:49pm On Jul 23, 2016
Hmm! Am speechless!
Re: Mysterious: Nigerian Family In London Gives Birth To "White" Baby by Omotayor123(f): 4:51pm On Jul 23, 2016
They live in London with white people abi
Ok, continue.... cool
Re: Mysterious: Nigerian Family In London Gives Birth To "White" Baby by herzern(m): 4:52pm On Jul 23, 2016
hmm undecided
Re: Mysterious: Nigerian Family In London Gives Birth To "White" Baby by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 23, 2016
Space booked or book spaced.... I siddon here dey wait
Re: Mysterious: Nigerian Family In London Gives Birth To "White" Baby by suasmablow(m): 5:03pm On Jul 23, 2016
Its either they bought the baby or the woman engaged in extra-marital affairs with white men.
One of these must be true
Re: Mysterious: Nigerian Family In London Gives Birth To "White" Baby by twosquare(m): 5:06pm On Jul 23, 2016
Who's this who brought old news when yaradua was still alive.... Lalastica, pleased delete this thread.
Re: Mysterious: Nigerian Family In London Gives Birth To "White" Baby by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 23, 2016
That child is not African at all! Either Hospital mix-up or surrogacy. Or fake story.
Re: Mysterious: Nigerian Family In London Gives Birth To "White" Baby by coolzeal(m): 5:25pm On Jul 23, 2016
This story is pretty much old already. I tell you, there's a couple in my villiage with similar incident. They gave birth to a white baby and the child is not albino. White people came from black people anyway.
Re: Mysterious: Nigerian Family In London Gives Birth To "White" Baby by SlayerSupreme: 5:36pm On Jul 23, 2016
People already calling the woman a cheat. While it's extremely rare,it can happen. The news is very old anyway.

1 Like

Re: Mysterious: Nigerian Family In London Gives Birth To "White" Baby by gatiano(m): 5:42pm On Jul 23, 2016
The Black People have the dorminant gene, the Black germ. The Black germ is absent in all other races on earth. Black people can give birth to all the races, No race can birth a Black person. This proves that all other races were grafted from the Black people. I once stated that The African secret service is the best, the best that can be. Ignorant minds looked me crazy.
Re: Mysterious: Nigerian Family In London Gives Birth To "White" Baby by 400billionman: 6:46pm On Jul 23, 2016
I think its an old story.

It happened under Jonathan.

Up Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Mysterious: Nigerian Family In London Gives Birth To "White" Baby by Khez: 6:52pm On Jul 23, 2016
Una sure say them nor exchange her baby for hospital n??
Re: Mysterious: Nigerian Family In London Gives Birth To "White" Baby by somcherry(f): 11:24pm On Jul 26, 2016
Old news.

The baby is probably 5 or 6 years old now.
Re: Mysterious: Nigerian Family In London Gives Birth To "White" Baby by Nobody: 12:12am On Jul 27, 2016
Nigerian couples living in Nigeria should start giving birth to white babies then we can believe the wife have been faithful

maybe the wife got well paying job which pays most of their bills hence the man pretends all is well... but deep inside him lies some questions that needs to be answered

(1) (Reply)

Shared Flat Or Sefcon In VI, Lagos / Suggestions? If An Unmarried Lady Wants Her Own Baby, But Can’t Find A Husband? / Narrate Your Beautiful Children Day Experience When You Were A Child.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.