Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Toyota Camry Floor Soaks Water - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Camry Floor Soaks Water (3657 Views)

I Need A 4 Doors Nd Floor Gear Ford F150 2014 Or Above (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Camry Floor Soaks Water by kelechiodo(m): 10:17pm On Jul 23, 2016
Pls what may be wrong with my Toyota Camry 2000 model. Its driver's side floor always soaks water. Its seems water is leaking from somewhere.
Re: Toyota Camry Floor Soaks Water by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 23, 2016
Check door and window seals for cracks or visible damage and firewall for any open holes where water can enter the vehicle.
Re: Toyota Camry Floor Soaks Water by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:51pm On Jul 23, 2016
kelechiodo:
Pls what may be wrong with my Toyota Camry 2000 model. Its driver's side floor always soaks water. Its seems water is leaking from somewhere.

ever replaced the windshield before?
Re: Toyota Camry Floor Soaks Water by depair: 11:49pm On Jul 23, 2016
notin serious your Ac drain pipe is blocked hence it discharging into the car. Open under the safe and through the pipe
Re: Toyota Camry Floor Soaks Water by 9icetoo(m): 1:19am On Jul 24, 2016
I don't think its the Ac water outlet. I suspect the windshield. the seal around the windshield has been compromised. check if the water gets in after heavy rains. if so then your windshield seal is compromised. happened to me.
Ac water will fill passenger side foot well if blocked cos that where the evaporator is located.
Re: Toyota Camry Floor Soaks Water by depair: 6:47am On Jul 24, 2016
if he has nt changed his windahield i can say fr sure its the ac drain outlet speaking frm personal experience
Re: Toyota Camry Floor Soaks Water by Tobiizzy(m): 7:27am On Jul 24, 2016
Does your vehicle have a moon roof?
Re: Toyota Camry Floor Soaks Water by kelechiodo(m): 7:42am On Jul 24, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

No, I just bought. Not more than 2 months. Direct Belgium from contonu
Re: Toyota Camry Floor Soaks Water by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:43am On Jul 24, 2016
kelechiodo:

No, I just bought. Not more than 2 months. Direct Belgium from contonu

look on the bottom left of the windshield, is it branded toyota?
Re: Toyota Camry Floor Soaks Water by kelechiodo(m): 7:44am On Jul 24, 2016
Tobiizzy:
Does your vehicle have a moon roof?
Yes, but always closed
Re: Toyota Camry Floor Soaks Water by bravolad(m): 7:44am On Jul 24, 2016
Another possible cause of leakage is the sunroof (open roof) if the car is equipped with one. Check to see whether the drain pipes are blocked. This is a DIY. One way to do it is to open the sunroof, pour water through the drain channels for water to flow away in and observe where the water drains.

Other area could be the roof rack but I doubt your car is fitted with one.
Re: Toyota Camry Floor Soaks Water by kelechiodo(m): 7:45am On Jul 24, 2016
depair:
notin serious
your Ac drain pipe is blocked hence it discharging into the car.
Open under the safe and through the pipe
Can I do that manually or should I look for mechanic or electrician
Re: Toyota Camry Floor Soaks Water by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:46am On Jul 24, 2016
rule out the sunroof.
Re: Toyota Camry Floor Soaks Water by kelechiodo(m): 7:47am On Jul 24, 2016
0rex:
Check door and window seals for cracks or visible damage and firewall for any open holes where water can enter the vehicle.
Checked but no opening. It seems it comes near the brake pedal
Re: Toyota Camry Floor Soaks Water by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:51am On Jul 24, 2016
kelechiodo:

Checked but no opening. It seems it comes near the brake pedal

place a flash light in engine bay area, near steering joint. Go to drivers side, lay on your back (back on the floor mat) look up you will see where the steering connections go out of the vehicle, there should be a rubber seal, check if it shifted.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry Floor Soaks Water by bravolad(m): 7:51am On Jul 24, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
rule out the sunroof.

Why did you say this? Any specific reason?

I can most certainly say that's the culprit. The fact that it's alwYs closed is not a reason it won't leak. There are 2 water channels through the sunroof, one to the passenger side & the other to the driver's side. If those channels are blocked; the result is the op pain.
Re: Toyota Camry Floor Soaks Water by kelechiodo(m): 7:56am On Jul 24, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Yes its branded Toyota with black writing
Re: Toyota Camry Floor Soaks Water by kelechiodo(m): 8:14am On Jul 24, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

place a flash light in engine bay area, near steering joint. Go to drivers side, lay on your back (back on the floor mat) look up you will see where the steering connections go out of the vehicle, there should be a rubber seal, check if it shifted.
Done that. Nothing seems to have shifted.
Re: Toyota Camry Floor Soaks Water by kelechiodo(m): 8:15am On Jul 24, 2016
bravolad:

Why did you say this? Any specific reason?

I can most certainly say that's the culprit. The fact that it's alwYs closed is not a reason it won't leak. There are 2 water channels through the sunroof, one to the passenger side & the other to the driver's side. If those channels are blocked; the result is the op pain.
I have just checked the sun roof. How will I know if its blocked
Re: Toyota Camry Floor Soaks Water by bravolad(m): 8:29am On Jul 24, 2016
kelechiodo:

I have just checked the sun roof. How will I know if its blocked

Follow the procedure I set out earlier.
Re: Toyota Camry Floor Soaks Water by kelechiodo(m): 8:32am On Jul 24, 2016
bravolad:
Another possible cause of leakage is the sunroof (open roof) if the car is equipped with one. Check to see whether the drain pipes are blocked. This is a DIY. One way to do it is to open the sunroof, pour water through the drain channels for water to flow away in and observe where the water drains.

Other area could be the roof rack but I doubt your car is fitted with one.
You are entirely correct. I opened the sun roof and poured water. The right channel drained neatly while the left channel retained the water. After a while, I observed water dripping down to driver's side from the side I opened bonnet and slowly moves to the floor.

Please what's the solution. How will it be cleaned so that I'll advice my mechanic as they all told me to meet a welder?.

Also following your instruction here which I read yesterday, I discovered that my electrician's advice to remove thermostat was wrong. How will it reinstalled. Thanks
Re: Toyota Camry Floor Soaks Water by bravolad(m): 9:04am On Jul 24, 2016
kelechiodo:

You are entirely correct. I opened the sun roof and poured water. The right channel drained neatly while the left channel retained the water. After a while, I observed water dripping down to driver's side from the side I opened bonnet and slowly moves to the floor.

Please what's the solution. How will it be cleaned so that I'll advice my mechanic as they all told me to meet a welder?.

Also following your instruction here which I read yesterday, I discovered that my electrician's advice to remove thermostat was wrong. How will it reinstalled. Thanks

There's usually a plastic plug to cover such holes in a car. I don't know what it looks like. Get a competent upholstery/panel beater to have a look. But prior to this, there's a long drain pipe that leads to that part of the car, ensure you flush it properly to remove any blockage therein.

Better still, you can take a picture & upload it here, so you can be well advised in carrying out the fix.

For your thermostat, a competent mechanic should be able to reverse it.
Re: Toyota Camry Floor Soaks Water by depair: 9:48am On Jul 24, 2016
kelechiodo:
Can I do that manually or should I look for mechanic or electrician
You can do it yourself if you are a DIY savy person
Re: Toyota Camry Floor Soaks Water by Tobiizzy(m): 12:09pm On Jul 24, 2016
I've tried using a straightened metal hangar, put it through the drain pipe, or loosen the roof panel and trace the drain pipe
Re: Toyota Camry Floor Soaks Water by Macmilla(m): 12:31pm On Jul 24, 2016
I just noticed a problem with all the advice on this thread. A lot of guesses, moon roof, windscreen, AC, door, etc. No one ever bothered to ask necessary questions. A simple question like if it soaks when it's raining or when AC is on would have narrowed it down for you guys. Other questions like how did it start is also very necessary.
I'm happy we were able to "guess" the problem for him.

4 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry Floor Soaks Water by Davoo(m): 3:10pm On Jul 24, 2016
I experienced the same too on my camry last year. After fixing the windshield seal, it stopped. I'll suggest you see a good panel beater to help you fix

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry Floor Soaks Water by kelechiodo(m): 8:47pm On Jul 24, 2016
bravolad:

There's usually a plastic plug to cover such holes in a car. I don't know what it looks like. Get a competent upholstery/panel beater to have a look. But prior to this, there's a long drain pipe that leads to that part of the car, ensure you flush it properly to remove any blockage therein.

Better still, you can take a picture & upload it here, so you can be well advised in carrying out the fix.

For your thermostat, a competent mechanic should be able to reverse it.
Pls I'll upload the pix tomorrow. Heavy rain prevented me from doing so today.
Re: Toyota Camry Floor Soaks Water by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:58pm On Jul 24, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

GAZZUZZ:

GAZZUZZ:
rule out the sunroof.

when you ready we can continue.
Re: Toyota Camry Floor Soaks Water by Macmilla(m): 10:01pm On Jul 24, 2016
OP, Gazzuz is ur best shot at solving this problem. So if u really wanna solve it, better reply him.
Re: Toyota Camry Floor Soaks Water by Kashif(m): 10:33pm On Jul 24, 2016
kelechiodo:

A very easy fix you can carry out yourself. Open the sun roof fully, open your driver's door, stand on the door frame, facing the bonnet. This will give you a good view of the sunroof frame from the top (depending on your height) Look at the front right angle of the sun roof frame. Towards the front pillar, that is where the drain pipe is. With a broom stick, poke it until you get the hole ( you usually will not see it if it is water logged). Since the right channel is free, use it as a guide. Once you get it, you will see the water receding.

Whenever i do this, I use about two satchets of water to ensure it is free.
Re: Toyota Camry Floor Soaks Water by honmusa(m): 3:51am On Jul 25, 2016
kelechiodo:
If you can reach me today I will give you a free diagnosis using my leak detection machine to fish out the source of leak.
Re: Toyota Camry Floor Soaks Water by Macmilla(m): 8:17am On Jul 25, 2016
honmusa:

If you can reach me today I will give you a free diagnosis using my leak detection machine to fish out the source of leak.
shocked. shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Have 2m, I Need A Toyota Camry 2010 / Roof Headliner Repair / How Much For Honda Baby Boy Gear Box

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.