Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,563 members, 7,955,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:37 PM

HELP: Installing Custom Rom On This Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / HELP: Installing Custom Rom On This Phone (731 Views)

Pls Help I Need Custom Rom On My Hauwei G750 T01 / SOLVED: I Flashed Custom Rom On My Samsung S7 Now No Network / Tecno L5 Custom ROM.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

HELP: Installing Custom Rom On This Phone by chibatov(m): 10:23pm On Jul 23, 2016
since last year when I bought this tecno Y4 for my kid brother, I've searched the whole of the Internet for the custom recovery all to no avail..
so I tried searching for how to build a custom recovery for the device. but the results I was getting always required a computer. NB: I don't have computer. so I searched until I stumbled upon a post that let's you do it with just your phone. I tried it but it didn't work. I tried it again and it worked. now the problem is that the custom recovery I built saves system files to cache folder and data in system folder when I do a nandroid backup, but the backup restores very well without issues. I download some mtk roms for mt6572, ported them and tried to install them but three of them refused to install. the only one that installed got stuck at the bootlogo. then I discovered that I was trying to install a jellybean based rom on a Kitkat device. now I have downloaded KK based roms. I don't want to waste time porting and installing the rom when I don't know whether they will work well. all I need is for someone to tell me if the way my custom recovery takes backups will affect how the Rom will install. whether the system partition will be installed in cache causing a bootloop. then anyone with links to a perfect custom recovery for tecno Y4 should reply please.
Re: HELP: Installing Custom Rom On This Phone by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 27, 2016
chibatov:
since last year when I bought this tecno Y4 for my kid brother, I've searched the whole of the Internet for the custom recovery all to no avail..
so I tried searching for how to build a custom recovery for the device. but the results I was getting always required a computer. NB: I don't have computer. so I searched until I stumbled upon a post that let's you do it with just your phone. I tried it but it didn't work. I tried it again and it worked. now the problem is that the custom recovery I built saves system files to cache folder and data in system folder when I do a nandroid backup, but the backup restores very well without issues. I download some mtk roms for mt6572, ported them and tried to install them but three of them refused to install. the only one that installed got stuck at the bootlogo. then I discovered that I was trying to install a jellybean based rom on a Kitkat device. now I have downloaded KK based roms. I don't want to waste time porting and installing the rom when I don't know whether they will work well. all I need is for someone to tell me if the way my custom recovery takes backups will affect how the Rom will install. whether the system partition will be installed in cache causing a bootloop. then anyone with links to a perfect custom recovery for tecno Y4 should reply please.
I think i can help you out, search in google like this "tecno y4 custom rom bloggers arena"you will see one site titled bloggers arena whatever, click on the site and you will see how he updated his own y4,he uploaded the twrp recovery for y4 and also uploaded gapps,but for the custom rom, he dropped his whatsapp digits and he said the rom is 500 naira,i don't care about his shit of a rom,theres this cm 12.1 resurrection remix rom at this mtkroms.com site, search mt6572 roms, at the site,since y4 has mt6572 chipset, the rom can be ported to any device running kitkat with mt6572 and 3.4.67 kernel version, i await your reply

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Processors: Infinix Note2 X600 Vs Gionee Marathon M5 Mini / Letv Leeco X10 Smartphone Coming With 4 Camera’ / Nokia To Re-launch Nokia 3310. Will This Be Another Failure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.