Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,568 members, 7,955,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:08 PM

Help With moving HD Game Data - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help With moving HD Game Data (1028 Views)

How To Use Mtn Game+ Data With Stark Vpn / How To Use MTN Game+ Data On Stark VPN / My Ministry Is Moving: See What I Received From Tecno Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With moving HD Game Data by Jethrolite(m): 11:32pm On Jul 23, 2016
Please I need help with my phone. I have set default write disk to memory card but after downloading games apk, I noticed it still downloads the data to the phone memory. I have deleted about 4gb of data due to this as the game stopped seeing the data after I moved it from phone memory to SD card.

Currently I have about 10gb of data to download for nfs, asphalt8, mortal kombat X, WWE immortals, gods of Rome, mc5 and probably mc4.

I already had some data but deleted them after they refused to work.

I need direction on downloading the data and moving it to SD card safely. Thanks. Also kingroot can't root the phone, it is a tecno boom j8.
Re: Help With moving HD Game Data by Jethrolite(m): 7:05am On Jul 24, 2016
Hello
Re: Help With moving HD Game Data by Peterpan222(m): 8:57am On Jul 24, 2016
Jethrolite:
Please I need help with my phone. I have set default write disk to memory card but after downloading games apk, I noticed it still downloads the data to the phone memory. I have deleted about 4gb of data due to this as the game stopped seeing the data after I moved it from phone memory to SD card.

Currently I have about 10gb of data to download for nfs, asphalt8, mortal kombat X, WWE immortals, gods of Rome, mc5 and probably mc4.

I already had some data but deleted them after they refused to work.

I need direction on downloading the data and moving it to SD card safely. Thanks. Also kingroot can't root the phone, it is a tecno boom j8.

Yeah problem is easy... U should know it's obb not data. The default write disk for Tecno 8 series (CAMON C8 mine for an example) is usually in the phone memory since they have 16G (117 usable) allocated space... The only thing here is to make sure u have at least 1G of free space after installing various games of your choice. Most games occupy space during in-play.

Download the required files (apk + obb), then install the apk and don't lunch, Now move the obb file u downloaded to your Phone/Android/Obb folder..

Lunch your game with ease...

Before then, try and know if it's a game that requires Internet connection at the intial step..

Typically, Asphalt 8, MC4, MC5, God's of Rome, requires Internet connection at the first run... I don't know of the rest..

I belive this helps
Re: Help With moving HD Game Data by Krystale: 8:57am On Jul 24, 2016
Re: Help With moving HD Game Data by Krystale: 9:01am On Jul 24, 2016
Peterpan222:

Yeah problem is easy... U should know it's obb not data. The default write disk for Tecno 8 series (CAMON C8 mine for an example) is usually in the phone memory since they have 16G (117 usable) allocated space... The only thing here is to make sure u have at least 1G of free space after installing various games of your choice. Most games occupy space during in-play.

Download the required files (apk + obb), then install the apk and don't lunch, Now move the obb file u downloaded to your Phone/Android/Obb folder..

Before then, try and know if it's a game that requires Internet connection at the intial step..

Typically, Asphalt 8, MC4, MC5, God's of Rome, requires Internet connection at the first run... I don't know of the rest..

I belive this helps
Re: Help With moving HD Game Data by Krystale: 9:02am On Jul 24, 2016
Peterpan222:

I belive this helps
obb is the large one, i thought he wants that in the mmc not internal
Re: Help With moving HD Game Data by Jethrolite(m): 9:39am On Jul 24, 2016
Peterpan222:

I believe this helps
Yeah I know this, I'm downloading straight from play store. After installing the game and I launch then it starts downloading the data that should be in obb. And you listed all my games, they require internet connection. Even my nfs that I have the apk and obb still insists on downloading new data that is kept in phone memory. All the games are just giving me the same problem.
Re: Help With moving HD Game Data by Peterpan222(m): 12:06pm On Jul 24, 2016
Jethrolite:
Yeah I know this, I'm downloading straight from play store. After installing the game and I launch then it starts downloading the data that should be in obb. And you listed all my games, they require internet connection. Even my nfs that I have the apk and obb still insists on downloading new data that is kept in phone memory. All the games are just giving me the same problem.

Yes you are very right.. Pls don't delete those data, the data is actually stored in your phone/android/data folder. The essence of those data is for u to continue were u actually stop in the game play. Game play does not affect obb, but rather affects your data.

Example:
FIFA 14 (apk 15MB + Obb 1.3 GB) after having downloaded and install the app and move the obb to the right location...

Now u will have FIFA 14 foldrs in 2 places..

1. Fifa 14 in the obb folder (1.3GB)

2. Fifa 14 in the data folder (empty because u havnt played it)

But u will notice that after u have played the game at least once, the fifa in data folder increases in size. When u download commentary through the game itself, your data folder of fifa also increases,. At the end of the day, u might have Fifa folder in your data to be about 500MB +..

Now u see u have
Apk 15MB
Obb 1.3GB
Data 500MB
All just for 1 game..

All the games u listed above doesn't require much data at first run(only if u have downloaded the whole file completely befoere).

Let me give u an illustration with Asphalt 8, as that is the only one I'm very sure of.

Asphalt 8 about 1gb+ will download extra data of not more than 20 or 30MB at the first run, the data being downloaded is just to adjust your screen resolution type for your phone to ensure a smooth play... That's it

If this tip doesn't help u, then maybe I did not understand your complain, u can make it clearer
Re: Help With moving HD Game Data by Jethrolite(m): 1:00pm On Jul 24, 2016
Peterpan222:

Yes you are very right.. Pls don't delete those data, the data is actually stored in your phone/android/data folder. The essence of those data is for u to continue were u actually stop in the game play. Game play does not affect obb, but rather affects your data.

Example:
FIFA 14 (apk 15MB + Obb 1.3 GB) after having downloaded and install the app and move the obb to the right location...

Now u will have FIFA 14 foldrs in 2 places..

1. Fifa 14 in the obb folder (1.3GB)

2. Fifa 14 in the data folder (empty because u havnt played it)

But u will notice that after u have played the game at least once, the fifa in data folder increases in size. When u download commentary through the game itself, your data folder of fifa also increases,. At the end of the day, u might have Fifa folder in your data to be about 500MB +..

Now u see u have
Apk 15MB
Obb 1.3GB
Data 500MB
All just for 1 game..

All the games u listed above doesn't require much data at first run(only if u have downloaded the whole file completely befoere).

Let me give u an illustration with Asphalt 8, as that is the only one I'm very sure of.

Asphalt 8 about 1gb+ will download extra data of not more than 20 or 30MB at the first run, the data being downloaded is just to adjust your screen resolution type for your phone to ensure a smooth play... That's it

If this tip doesn't help u, then maybe I did not understand your complain, u can make it clearer
Sorry I wasn't clear, I'm referring to obb not data. Data can be wherever it wants but I want the obb in SD card. The picture below shows where I'm currently at. After the download is over the obb appears in phone memory and I want to move it to SD card and the game to see it there. That is what I moved and the games started asking to download again.

I am also trying to root the phone, framaroot and kingroot has failed.
Re: Help With moving HD Game Data by siempere(m): 2:30pm On Jul 24, 2016
Please allow me to lay my complaints on ur thread too....my own issue is the Gionee M5 mini i cant move apps to SD card after installing and its bn making the fone slow....that option of move to SD card is kust blank on d settings ive tried all move to Sd card apps on google play nothing works...
Re: Help With moving HD Game Data by Peterpan222(m): 6:00pm On Jul 24, 2016
Jethrolite:
Sorry I wasn't clear, I'm referring to obb not data. Data can be wherever it wants but I want the obb in SD card. The picture below shows where I'm currently at. After the download is over the obb appears in phone memory and I want to move it to SD card and the game to see it there. That is what I moved and the games started asking to download again.

I am also trying to root the phone, framaroot and kingroot has failed.
Hello, I don't know if it's possible to do so with some phones.. While it will work with some phone, it might not work with others..
Though u can search online, maybe u can find help with that..

King root seems to be the best app for rooting of such phones.. My camon c8 was rooted with king root
Re: Help With moving HD Game Data by Jethrolite(m): 6:59pm On Jul 24, 2016
Peterpan222:

Hello, I don't know if it's possible to do so with some phones.. While it will work with some phone, it might not work with others..
Though u can search online, maybe u can find help with that..

King root seems to be the best app for rooting of such phones.. My camon c8 was rooted with king root
my boom J8 has refused rooting even from kingroot. I'll just install games on my tablet and leave the phone. Thanks.
Re: Help With moving HD Game Data by MaryWest(f): 9:49am On Aug 07, 2016
lol, must yall root your phones

(1) (Reply)

A Lady Asked: What Will You Do To Me If I Throw Your Iphone7 Inside Ocean?_Pics / New Nokia 3310 (2.0) Will Officially Sell In Nigeria / Instagram Hits 800 Million Monthly Active Users

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.