Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

The Lord Is My Shepherd - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Lord Is My Shepherd (406 Views)

What Does It Mean That The Lord Is My Shepherd (Psalm 23)? / What Does It Mean That The Lord Is My Shepherd (Psalm 23)? / The Lord Is My Shepherd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Lord Is My Shepherd by holla0404(f): 1:35pm On Jul 25, 2016
The Lord is my Shepherd [to feed, guide, and shield me], I shall not lack.
He makes me lie down in [fresh, tender] green pastures; He leads me beside the still and restful waters.
He refreshes and restores my life (my self); He leads me in the paths of righteousness [uprightness and right standing with Him—not for my earning it, but] for His name’s sake.
Yes, though I walk through the [deep, sunless] valley of the shadow of death, I will fear or dread no evil, for You are with me; Your rod [to protect] and Your staff [to guide], they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my [brimming] cup runs over.
Surely or only goodness, mercy, and unfailing love shall follow me all the days of my life, and through the length of my days the house of the Lord [and His presence] shall be my dwelling place.
Make this your scripture for the day, study, meditate and believe that God has only good plans for us.
And such good plans are coming into full reality in our lives very shortly.
Remain ever blessed!
http://www.loveofgodoutreach.org/2016/07/the-lord-is-my-shepherd.html#comments
Re: The Lord Is My Shepherd by Anas09: 1:33am On Jul 26, 2016
holla0404:
The Lord is my Shepherd [to feed, guide, and shield me], I shall not lack.
He makes me lie down in [fresh, tender] green pastures; He leads me beside the still and restful waters.
He refreshes and restores my life (my self); He leads me in the paths of righteousness [uprightness and right standing with Him—not for my earning it, but] for His name’s sake.
Yes, though I walk through the [deep, sunless] valley of the shadow of death, I will fear or dread no evil, for You are with me; Your rod [to protect] and Your staff [to guide], they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my [brimming] cup runs over.
Surely or only goodness, mercy, and unfailing love shall follow me all the days of my life, and through the length of my days the house of the Lord [and His presence] shall be my dwelling place.
Make this your scripture for the day, study, meditate and believe that God has only good plans for us.
And such good plans are coming into full reality in our lives very shortly.
Remain ever blessed!
http://www.loveofgodoutreach.org/2016/07/the-lord-is-my-shepherd.html#comments
If the Lord is your Shepherd, then you have to be a sheep right?
Question: Who is a Shepherd?
A Shepherd is a
CAREGIVER
A DEFENDER OF THE SHEEP
A PROTECTOR OF THE SHEEP
A PROVIDER FOR THE SHEEP.
A GUADIAN AND GUIDE TO THE SHEEP.
A DIRECTOR
A LEADER
He knows where the green pastures are.
He knows how to get there
He knows where there's danger, so can guide away from it

WHO IS A SHEEP?
A Sheep ought to be an obidient follower. That's all a sheep needs to do, follow.

I SHALL NOT WANT.
How can a sheep want when she is following the Shepherd who knows where the green pastures are?

HE MAKES ME LIE DOWN IN GREEN PASTURES.
I can't lack or want any good thing, when I have made the Shepherd my master. I will have enough to eat and be comfortable to give to those who need.

HE RESTORES MY SOUL.
And why not. If I have a broken soul, can my mind which is my engine house function? He will keep me in perfect peace.
Etc etc etc.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Northern Christians Break Away From CAN / Maturing Christianity Part 1 / We All Serve A "Small" Gods That Serve The God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.