Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,515 members, 7,954,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:10 PM

Guides On How To Calculate OAU Screening Aggregate Score For 2016 Aspirants - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Guides On How To Calculate OAU Screening Aggregate Score For 2016 Aspirants (17416 Views)

How To Calculate LASU Aggregate Score For Admission / JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points / How To Calculate Your Aggregate Score Now That P.utme Has Been Scrapped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Guides On How To Calculate OAU Screening Aggregate Score For 2016 Aspirants by Jejelomoekonlo: 5:20pm On Jul 25, 2016
It's no more news that Obafemi Awolowo University (O.A.U) Ile-Ife has begun the sale of their Post Screening form which the deadline for applications is 30th July, 2016 (For Direct Entry candidates)

Now, the main problem is that some applicants finds it difficult to ascertain the method of calculating the aggregate score for the screening
Anyway, it's as simple as A,B,C...

Kindly follow me as i explain How To Calculate OAU screening Aggregate Score below:

For JAMBites
i. Both your JAMB score and your O’level results’ grades will be used to calculate the total screening score.

ii. Your JAMB result is 70% of your total score & your O’level results grade is the remaining 30%

iii. Your best 8 subjects grade will also be used for the calculation;
here is what each grade weighs: A1 = 8 marks, B2 = 7 marks, B3 = 6 marks, C4 = 5 marks, C5 = 4 marks, and C6 = 3 marks.
iv. The maximum obtainable points from the selected best 8 O’level grades is 64 (i.e A1 = 8marks multiply by 8 subjects).

v. The total points you obtained after calculating Your O’level points will now be converted to 30% (for example if your O’level points is 48, it will then be calculated as: 48/64 X 30= 22.5) Therefore, your NEW O'LEVEL POINTS will now be 22.5

vi. Now, to calculate your UTME points, follow this procedure:
Divide Your JAMB score by 400, then multiply it by 70.
For example, if your JAMB score is 250. Calculate it as: 250/400, X 70= 43.75
43.75 is now the UTME POINTS

vii. To calculate the TOTAL SCREENING POINTS = UTME points (max of 70) + your O’ level points (max of 30) = 100.
For example, if your O'LEVEL POINTS is 22.5 and your UTME POINTS is 43.75. You'll now calculate it as 22.5 + 43.75= 66.25
This deduce that you scored 66.25 out of 70 as your TOTAL SCREENING POINTS

viii. You'll be prompted to choose any two courses while doing the registration.
NOTE: Do not choose a Course that doesnot match your O'level results.

ix. The total fee for OAU screening Registration is N6,850

HOW TO CALCULATE OAU SCREENING POINTS For Direct Entry(DE) Candidates

i. It's only your O’level results’ grades that will be used to calculate the total screening score.

ii. Your JAMB result weighs nothing but 0% and your O’level results is 100% of the total screening score.

iii. Just as i earlier explained "Your best 8 subjects grade will be used for the calculation;
here is what each grade weighs: A1 = 8 marks, B2 = 7 marks, B3 = 6 marks, C4 = 5 marks, C5 = 4 marks, and C6 = 3 marks.

iv. The maximum obtainable points from the selected best 8 O’level grades is 64 (i.e A1 = 8marks multiply by 8 subjects).

v. The total points you obtained after calculating Your O’level points will now be converted to 100% (for example if your O’level points is 48, it will then be calculated as: 48/64 X 100= 75) Therefore, your SREENING POINTS will now be 75

vi. You'll be prompted to choose any two courses while doing the registration.
NOTE:
* Do not choose a Course that doesnot match your O'level results.
* Do not choose any course that is not in-line with the Course you studied at the Polytechnic/College of Education Level.

vii. The total fee for OAU screening Registration is N6,850
Thank you for reading " Full Guide on How To Calculate OAU Screening Aggregate Score for 2016 Aspirants"

Please Share on your timeline.

If you have any question, kindly comment below.

Source: DailySchoolGist
CC:
lalasticlala , dominique , Mynd44 , Truth234 , Adesiji77 , Fynestboi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guides On How To Calculate OAU Screening Aggregate Score For 2016 Aspirants by whizzyleejr(m): 6:35pm On Jul 16, 2017
Are they gonna add the 10points for one sitting to it after calculating both o'level and jamb result as in o'level/64*30% + utme score/400*70% + 10points(one sitting)

(1) (Reply)

Gale Of Deaths Hits Varsity Lecturers In The North / BTW Means By The Way! And Not Between!!! / 25-year-old Wins Overall Best Student At YABATECH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.